Jesus say: to be save you have to do good

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
They don't WANT TO steal because of their new nature, there is a difference.
A born again Christian will sin but will grieve if they sin deliberately and ought to repent. Are you born again?
Yep,I believe in Jesus but I am still sin.

But I believe if I sin for example stealing, I have to repent or this verse apply

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
But I believe if I sin for example stealing, I have to repent or this verse apply
Of course. But why steal? Had you been a thief in your past life, when you originally repented you would have said to yourself and to God "I am through with stealing. I will simply work hard and earn fairly what I need".

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Yep,I believe in Jesus but I am still sin.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Hi Jackson,

When one became born again, he became the son of God. John 1:12 Thus establishing a relationship. Once the relationship occurs it will no longer be broken. You are now a child of God. A child of God is a child of God but when he sin, the fellowship broke for a moment yet he still the child of God.

Jackson, do you have a son or daughter? If you do, if you caught them lying or stealing, do you consider them no longer your son or daughter? Of course, we grieve over what they done and sometimes punish them to realize their sinful act yet he is still your son. Jackson you were from Indonesia, a home of the biggest Muslim and I don't know if Muslim consider their sons/daughter when they sinned that they are no longer to be called their son or daughter? You may perhaps enlighten us if so.

Thanks and hope this may help.

John 1:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
King James Version (KJV)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Did you know that sin is anything that falls short of God's perfection?
Did you know that God's perfection requires us to love God with all of our heart, all of our soul, all of our strength...ALL THE TIME, and to love our neighbor as ourselves?
Accordingly if you are trying to justify yourself (I don't do 'those kinds of sins') by your own standard, you may as well join that group you keep bringing up in 1Cor 6.
It would be better for you not to put your hope in your own 'sin-less-ness' and put more trust and hope in the One who fulfilled all righteousness in our stead and graciously clothes us freely with that righteousness when we cease from our own and look to Him.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Did you know that God's perfection requires us to love God with all of our heart, all of our soul, all of our strength...ALL THE TIME, and to love our neighbor as ourselves?
Accordingly if you are trying to justify yourself (I don't do 'those kinds of sins') by your own standard, you may as well join that group you keep bringing up in 1Cor 6.
It would be better for you not to put your hope in your own 'sin-less-ness' and put more trust and hope in the One who fulfilled all righteousness in our stead and graciously clothes us freely with that righteousness when we cease from our own and look to Him.
Yep, and I see Jesus in you. Hope this will help Jackson...

God bless Crossnote

Limey410v2

Jul 2, 2017
Matthew 19:16-26 King James Version (KJV)
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Why Paul say salvation by faith not by work

And the same Paul say

1 Corinthians 6:9

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,”

Is salvation nothing to do with work or doing good
You better be good enough then, or else. Oh wait, Jesus said you must be as perfect as God. Keep on keeping on, maybe you will be.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Of course. But why steal? Had you been a thief in your past life, when you originally repented you would have said to yourself and to God "I am through with stealing. I will simply work hard and earn fairly what I need".
Stealing time yes I do, but I regret it.

Some people believe after you born again if you stealing, you still go to heaven, only reduce your reward, this is not what Paul say, Paul say stealing not inherit kingdom

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
The bottom line is according to Paul, stealing not only reduce reward, but not inherit the kingdom.

I know seem impossible for a man even born again to not sin, I wish that verse is wrong and sin only reduce the reward, but I know I am do not have authority to change the Word.

Like I say, my friend deliberately do sin because he do not believe 1cor 6, he think stealing is only reduce reward but inherit the kingdom

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
You better be good enough then, or else. Oh wait, Jesus said you must be as perfect as God. Keep on keeping on, maybe you will be.
Seem impossible for me to be perfect but I believe that is His command.
Not because I can not do it than I change the Word, stealing is only reduce the reward, stealing inherit the kingdom as long as you born again.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Thank for responding my question, but it happen to my friend when he need money for his weeding party he steal money from credit card because he believe not make him lose his salvation

But base on this verse below, it will effect to his salvation.

Salvation not by work, but stealing not save

It would seem to me AS THOUGH YOU HAVE....NO ......FORGIVENESS IN YOUR HEART!

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
It would seem to me AS THOUGH YOU HAVE....NO ......FORGIVENESS IN YOUR HEART!
I do not know why you believe I don't have forgiveness.

It is the word that say stealing not inherit the kingdom, not me.

Limey410v2

Jul 2, 2017
Seem impossible for me to be perfect but I believe that is His command.
Not because I can not do it than I change the Word, stealing is only reduce the reward, stealing inherit the kingdom as long as you born again.
It was His command, it was to show people that they could NEVER be perfect and that they must rely on Gods Grace and Mercy. You see it is never about how good we are, because we will never be good enough. It is about how good He is.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Hi Jackson,

When one became born again, he became the son of God. John 1:12 Thus establishing a relationship. Once the relationship occurs it will no longer be broken. You are now a child of God. A child of God is a child of God but when he sin, the fellowship broke for a moment yet he still the child of God.

Jackson, do you have a son or daughter? If you do, if you caught them lying or stealing, do you consider them no longer your son or daughter? Of course, we grieve over what they done and sometimes punish them to realize their sinful act yet he is still your son. Jackson you were from Indonesia, a home of the biggest Muslim and I don't know if Muslim consider their sons/daughter when they sinned that they are no longer to be called their son or daughter? You may perhaps enlighten us if so.

Thanks and hope this may help.

John 1:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
King James Version (KJV)
My brother, lucifer was the angel of the Lord, when he broke the rule God let him go. Adam and Eve was in the Garden, when they not obey, God ask them to go. In my country, happen, my neighbor was big Muslim imam, when he come to my town, ten of thousand people attend the meting. Now he is Christian preacher, his wife almost kill him with sister he run and save.

God told us, stealing not inherit the kingdom. And you believe only if the thrift non believer, but for believer stealing go to heaven. I do not share that believe. The verse say stealing not go to heaven, I believe that verse aplicable for every body.

Can you imagine if God lower standard for believer. Believer have Holy Spirit must higher than non believer.

One day my friend ask me to go with him to witnessing to moslim.

My friend ask his moslim friend if he is interesting to accept Jesus.

His moslim friend say. I am not interested to accept Jesus, because Christian incourage crime.

I ask him, what in the Bible teach to do crime.

He answer, the Bible teach as long as you believe Jesus is God, than murder, stealing go to heaven because Jesus die for your sin.

I say to him only if you repent He will forgive you, if you repent for one hour than back to murder, your past sin forgiven but your new sin aren't till you repent again.

That is what I believe. In my country some family disown the family member, because of lot of reason. In the history God disown lucifer and drive away Adam from Eden because disobey.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
It was His command, it was to show people that they could NEVER be perfect and that they must rely on Gods Grace and Mercy. You see it is never about how good we are, because we will never be good enough. It is about how good He is.
But he never lie, bible say stealing not inherit kingdom, I know we not able to bear fruit of ourself, but Jesus promise, abide in Me and you will bear fruit.

Yes only if we abide in Him we able to bear fruit of love, not our strength

But Jesus also say if you not bear fruit you will be burn

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I do not know why you believe I don't have forgiveness.

It is the word that say stealing not inherit the kingdom, not me.

Yes I understand but you just keep talking about this one issue. The bible is full of faith,courage,strength,comfort,power and love! If you truly do not understand,seek Him in prayer,He can make all things right. I also said it seems like it you keep repeating the situation with your so called friend. I would say out if in His hands and walk away! Blessings!

K

Kim82

No thief will enter heaven because, flesh and blood will not enter. In the twinkling of an eye we will be changed into perfect spirits. Its our new spirit that does not sin that will enter heaven. Our sinful flesh will not enter. So Paul is correct that those doing badness will not enter. Perhaps that is what Paul means.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 King James Version (KJV)
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
King James Version (KJV)

Does that make sense Jackson? But note verse 58 which makes the point again about bearing good fruits because it says our labour is not in vain.

K

Kim82

Does that make sense Jackson? But note verse 58 which makes the point again about bearing good fruits because it says our labour is not in vain.
This is not talking about working to gain salvation.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Yes I understand but you just keep talking about this one issue. The bible is full of faith,courage,strength,comfort,power and love! If you truly do not understand,seek Him in prayer,He can make all things right. I also said it seems like it you keep repeating the situation with your so called friend. I would say out if in His hands and walk away! Blessings!
If I do not say it again and again, people will say, stealing is only reduce your reward not salvation. So I have to repeat it a thousand time this verse say stealing not only reduce reward, but not go to heaven.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
Matthew 19:16-26 King James Version (KJV)
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Why Paul say salvation by faith not by work

And the same Paul say

1 Corinthians 6:9

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,”

Is salvation nothing to do with work or doing good
Jesus says salvation is by faith.
John 3:16-17. Take comfort and rejoice.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
No thief will enter heaven because, flesh and blood will not enter. In the twinkling of an eye we will be changed into perfect spirits. Its our new spirit that does not sin that will enter heaven. Our sinful flesh will not enter. So Paul is correct that those doing badness will not enter. Perhaps that is what Paul means.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 King James Version (KJV)
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
King James Version (KJV)

Thank for your respon Kim.
In your opinion is these verse mean, it is ok to steal or murder our body will not go to heaven but our spirit will.

Than after accept Christ our body do not need repent, keep stealing or murder, our spirit still go to heaven