Jesus say: to be save you have to do good

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Some people believe after you born again if you stealing, you still go to heaven, only reduce your reward, this is not what Paul say, Paul say stealing not inherit kingdom
That is a misunderstanding. Paul was speaking about those who fail to repent and continue in their evil ways. But for those who are saved, there is such a thing as "the sin unto death".

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
And the same Jesus say to this young man, if you want save keep the commandment
Another misunderstanding on your part. This man wanted to "inherit" eternal life. But since eternal life is a gift of God, he was mistaken and therefore he was tested. As to whether he would put his faith in Christ or not. And he failed the test.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
That is a misunderstanding. Paul was speaking about those who fail to repent and continue in their evil ways. But for those who are saved, there is such a thing as "the sin unto death".
Ofcource if we repent we are forgiven. But some people like my friend believe after accepting Jesus stealing inherit the kingdom, only reduce reward.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
And the same Jesus say to this young man, if you want save keep the commandment
So you’re calling Jesus a liar. I am through talking with you,. You are a legalist who does not give Jesus his glorious due.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Another misunderstanding on your part. This man wanted to "inherit" eternal life. But since eternal life is a gift of God, he was mistaken and therefore he was tested. As to whether he would put his faith in Christ or not. And he failed the test.
Jesus never say, I tested this man, Jesus answer if you want to save keep the commandment

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
So you’re calling Jesus a liar. I am through talking with you,. You are a legalist who does not give Jesus his glorious due.
Did I say Jesus liar?

I say Jesus answer this young man if he want save keep the commandment and Jesus not liar nor me, it is in the bible

You say I am legalistic, what is the definition of legalistic, I am only reapet what Jesus say

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The bottom line is according to Paul, stealing not only reduce reward, but not inherit the kingdom.

I know seem impossible for a man even born again to not sin, I wish that verse is wrong and sin only reduce the reward, but I know I am do not have authority to change the Word.

Like I say, my friend deliberately do sin because he do not believe 1cor 6, he think stealing is only reduce reward but inherit the kingdom
Maybe your friend has not had a change of nature through the new birth and he deliberately sins because it is his nature.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Jesus never say, I tested this man, Jesus answer if you want to save keep the commandment
Jesus expects you to figure out some things. So here are the tests:

TEST #1: IS JESUS GOD OR NOT?
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

TEST #2: FIRST 4 COMMANDMENTS REGARDING LOVING GOD NOT MENTIONED
Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

TEST #3: COMMANDMENT REGARDING COVETOUSNESS NOT MENTIONED
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. [The Bible says covetousness = idolatry]

TEST #4: ARE YOU PREPARED TO STOP WORSHIPING YOUR WEALTH?
Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

So for a thief the question would be "ARE YOU PREPARED TO QUIT STEALING AND BECOME AN HONEST MAN?"

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
Did I say Jesus liar?

I say Jesus answer this young man if he want save keep the commandment and Jesus not liar nor me, it is in the bible

You say I am legalistic, what is the definition of legalistic, I am only reapet what Jesus say
If you repeat what Jesus says, then start repeating what Jesus says as found in John 3:16-17. It’s all about the grace of God afforded to everyone who simply believes in Jesus. WTH don’t you understand about that?!!!

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Maybe your friend has not had a change of nature through the new birth and he deliberately sins because it is his nature.
I think we still sin after born again, all we need is keep repent

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
If you repeat what Jesus says, then start repeating what Jesus says as found in John 3:16-17. It’s all about the grace of God afforded to everyone who simply believes in Jesus. WTH don’t you understand about that?!!!
I do not mine to repeat john 3:16 but also on matt when Jesus say to the young. Man if you want to save keep the commandment and Paul that say thief not inherit kingdom.

The problem is you think that because salvation by faith, stealing is only reduce the reward, but I believe salvation by faith and faith mean believe in all the Word of God in the Bible including cor when Paul say thief not go to heaven

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Jesus expects you to figure out some things. So here are the tests:

TEST #1: IS JESUS GOD OR NOT?
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

TEST #2: FIRST 4 COMMANDMENTS REGARDING LOVING GOD NOT MENTIONED
Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

TEST #3: COMMANDMENT REGARDING COVETOUSNESS NOT MENTIONED
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. [The Bible says covetousness = idolatry]

TEST #4: ARE YOU PREPARED TO STOP WORSHIPING YOUR WEALTH?
Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

So for a thief the question would be "ARE YOU PREPARED TO QUIT STEALING AND BECOME AN HONEST MAN?"
And why Jesus not tell to the young man, if you want to save, have faith in me and keep worship your money only reduce your reward.

And for stealing you ask me, are you prepare to stop stealing?

How about if I say no, you believe I still save because salvation by faith not by work?

And I still inherit the kingdom but reduce reward?

If so you not agree with the bible

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I think we still sin after born again, all we need is keep repent
You said ...
Like I say, my friend deliberately do sin because he do not believe 1cor 6, he think stealing is only reduce reward but inherit the kingdom
Hopefully, a born again Christian does not deliberately sin and then try to justify their sin like your friend did.

K

Kim82

I think Jackson is playing a game with us.

A game where you go around in circles, but there is no winner.

If someone says saved by grace. The game continues with new rules.

If someone says saved by works. It continues with new rules.

An endless loop with no solution.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I think Jackson is playing a game with us.

A game where you go around in circles, but there is no winner.

If someone says saved by grace. The game continues with new rules.

If someone says saved by works. It continues with new rules.

An endless loop with no solution.
No Kim, I am not ply the game. But I am not agree with some people like my friend that believe, because salvation by faith mean stealing only reduce reward. It sa not the Bible say, stealing not inherit kingdom.

Do I believe salvation by faith? Yes

But faith mean believe every teaching of the Bible and love God.

Faith but not love God is not faith

Faith and hate God is not faith

If you love God than you love your neighbor

1 John 4:20
“If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?”

Faith > loveGod> love brother or neighbor > did you steal from your love one?

So 1cor 6:9-10 consistent with love your neighbor like yourself.

And faith is also not stealing.

That is why Paul say thieves not inherit the kingdom, because if you say you have faith in God but not repent from their, you are lie.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
You said ...
Hopefully, a born again Christian does not deliberately sin and then try to justify their sin like your friend did.
I do believe we still fall in sin, but every time we sin we have to repent and ask forgiveness.

I hope people believe 1 cor 6 that say thieve not inherit the kingdom. If a Christian steal, they better repent and ask forgiveness

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I do believe we still fall in sin, but every time we sin we have to repent and ask forgiveness.

I hope people believe 1 cor 6 that say thieve not inherit the kingdom. If a Christian steal, they better repent and ask forgiveness
Did Jesus on the cross 2000 years ago die for all your sins or just some of your sins? (remember, back then all your sins were future sins).

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Did Jesus on the cross 2000 years ago die for all your sins or just some of your sins? (remember, back then all your sins were future sins).
This what Paul say after not before Jesus die on the cross

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Jesus pay all my sin if I repent, and if I am keep stealing, Holy Spirit in me will remind me not to and repent, and if I ignore then this is what happen

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.