I have seen some here say that Jesus was only preaching to/concerned with the Jews during His Ministry, but Scripture that I read shows that He was concerned about the Gentiles.
Obviously, the most discussed example of this is His meeting with the woman at the well. But, also in the Gospel of Matthew this is shown:
Matthew, Chapter 12:
18Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
21And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
Yes, most of His Ministry was with the Jews, but that is because God decreed that the Gospel would be given to the Jew FIRST and then the Gentiles. Jesus was fulfilling Gods decree, but in His heart and mind, He was very aware of the need the Gentiles had for the Gospel as well.
In 1 Timothy we find this nugget of concern for and love for "ALL".
1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
I think of the song that says "When He was on the Cross, I was on His mind..." That's certainly true, but the TRUTH is, when He came to earth to preach His Gospel ALL mankind were on His mind.
Obviously, the most discussed example of this is His meeting with the woman at the well. But, also in the Gospel of Matthew this is shown:
Matthew, Chapter 12:
18Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
21And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
Yes, most of His Ministry was with the Jews, but that is because God decreed that the Gospel would be given to the Jew FIRST and then the Gentiles. Jesus was fulfilling Gods decree, but in His heart and mind, He was very aware of the need the Gentiles had for the Gospel as well.
In 1 Timothy we find this nugget of concern for and love for "ALL".
1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
I think of the song that says "When He was on the Cross, I was on His mind..." That's certainly true, but the TRUTH is, when He came to earth to preach His Gospel ALL mankind were on His mind.