Jesus will meet the 144K on Earth at Mount Zion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2020
Learned something new today while discussing the Bible. I've probably read it 100 times, but just kept glazing over it.

When Jesus returns, He touches down upon Mount Zion and meets His 144K. Then the 144K are redeemed from the Earth to go sing before the throne.

Revelation 14:1-4
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Regarding the 144,000 sealed, I've always wanted to bring this up- something I noticed some time ago.

We are told in verse 4 of chapter 14

4 These are the ones who have not defiled themselves with women, since they remained virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were redeemed from humanity as the firstfruits for God and the Lamb.

I see a parallel to God revealing himself at Sinai.

Exodus 19:15

14 Then Moses came down from the mountain to the people and consecrated them, and they washed their clothes. 15 He said to the people, “Be prepared by the third day. Do not have sexual relations with women.”

Read further

16 On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled. 17 Then Moses led the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. 18 Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the Lord descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain trembled violently. 19 As the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
There is so much in The Passover & Exodus story that foreshadows The Revelation of Jesus.
We normally don't get chance to discuss it in detail because any mention of it gets lost in endless rapture-timing argument.

Good thread.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Learned something new today while discussing the Bible. I've probably read it 100 times, but just kept glazing over it.

When Jesus returns, He touches down upon Mount Zion and meets His 144K. Then the 144K are redeemed from the Earth to go sing before the throne.

Revelation 14:1-4
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Hello Runningman,

Here is something the Spirit revealed to me regarding the 144,000 standing on Mount Zion and something to consider:

==============================================================
For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom, and storm; to a trumpet blast or to a voice that made its hearers beg that no further word be spoken. For they could not bear what was commanded: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned.” The sight was so terrifying that even Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.”

But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem.

================================================================

The fact that the 144,000 are before the throne and the four living beings and the elders, tells us that the 144,000 are standing on the Mount Zion in heaven, which is referring to the new Jerusalem.

What I am about to say is not received by many and that because the truth of it has not been revealed to them and so most immediately reject instead of being like the Bereans. The Male Child of Revelation 12:5, is a collective name symbolically representing the 144,000. But because of a knee-jerk reaction, they interpret Jesus as being the male child. The problem is that Jesus does not fit the criteria of the Male child.

Everything in Revelation 12:1-6, is symbolic:

The woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and wearing a crown of twelve stars, is not a literal woman.

The woman is not literally pregnant

The woman does not give literal birth to a child

The male child is not a literal male child

The dragon with seven heads, ten horns and seven crowns, is not a literal dragon.

The 'stars' that the dragon sweeps out of heaven, are not literal stars
=========================================================================

The woman is identified as symbolically representing the nation of Israel, as revealed in Genesis 37:9-10, which uses the same symbols of the sun, moon and stars as used in Revelation. The woman is the unbelieving nation of Israel.

The 144,000 are 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel who will recognize Jesus as their Messiah. The 144,000 who 'come out of' unbelieving Israel, is the meaning behind the woman giving birth to the male child.

In Revelation 14:4, regarding the 144,000, it states that "these are those who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins," which means that they are all males, ergo, male child.

Currently, Israel is in unbelief regarding Jesus as being their Messiah. During the first part of the seven year period and as described in Revelation 7, these 144,000 Israelites for Christ will be sealed with the seal of God on their foreheads. These are those whom the unbelieving nation of Israel will give birth to. That said, in Revelation 12:5, the Male Child/144,000 will be caught up to God and His throne in the middle of the seven years, pretty much the same way that the living church will be changed and caught up at the resurrection.

It is after this in Revelation 14, that the 144,000 are seen with Jesus standing on the heavenly Mount Zion, which is the New Jerusalem.

Mar 4, 2020
Regarding the 144,000 sealed, I've always wanted to bring this up- something I noticed some time ago.

4 These are the ones who have not defiled themselves with women, since they remained virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were redeemed from humanity as the firstfruits for God and the Lamb.

14 Then Moses came down from the mountain to the people and consecrated them, and they washed their clothes. 15 He said to the people, “Be prepared by the third day. Do not have sexual relations with women.”

Read further

16 On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled. 17 Then Moses led the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. 18 Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the Lord descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain trembled violently. 19 As the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.
Huh very interesting. There's definitely a

Read further

That's interesting. There seems to be a connection to the third day and having virginity, the mountain Zion, and God.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Huh very interesting. There's definitely a

That's interesting. There seems to be a connection to the third day and having virginity, the mountain Zion, and God.
I think the gist of the narrative is that these are special, "set-apart" men or people.
As they are described -firstfruits.
I don't think the return of Jesus is at all random or unplanned. John & Jesus are pointing us back to the OT scripture all the time.

Israel was an unfaithful bride at Sinai (the golden calf)
Jesus comes to restore. To take his bride from the wilderness. He is taking back Israel.

Look at
Jeremiah 2

The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Go and announce directly to Jerusalem that this is what the Lord says:

I remember the loyalty of your youth,
your love as a bride—
how you followed me in the wilderness,
in a land not sown.
3 Israel was holy to the Lord,
the firstfruits of his harvest.
All who ate of it found themselves guilty;
disaster came on them.”
This is the Lord’s declaration.

Then I looked, and behold, on Mount Zion stood the Lamb, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.

It's like a priesthood as per Exodus 28

Ex 28:36-37
36 “You shall make a plate of pure gold and engrave on it, like the engraving of a signet, ‘Holy to the Lord.’

37 And you shall fasten it on the turban by a cord of blue. It shall be on the front of the turban.

38 It shall be on Aaron's forehead, and Aaron shall bear any guilt from the holy things that the people of Israel consecrate as their holy gifts.
It shall regularly be on his forehead, that they may be accepted before the Lord.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
There is so much in The Passover & Exodus story that foreshadows The Revelation of Jesus.
We normally don't get chance to discuss it in detail because any mention of it gets lost in endless rapture-timing argument.

Good thread.
Hi Lucy...
I agree with you...
Last night , I was watching Jewish christians who were explaining everything about the Passover , and how each plate , cup and everything else that was on the table went back to Exodus , it was fascinating...
I see how Jesus was in it all..
...xox...

4ChristAlone

Hello Runningman,

Here is something the Spirit revealed to me regarding the 144,000 standing on Mount Zion and something to consider:

==============================================================
For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom, and storm; to a trumpet blast or to a voice that made its hearers beg that no further word be spoken. For they could not bear what was commanded: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned.” The sight was so terrifying that even Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.”

But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem.

================================================================

The fact that the 144,000 are before the throne and the four living beings and the elders, tells us that the 144,000 are standing on the Mount Zion in heaven, which is referring to the new Jerusalem.

What I am about to say is not received by many and that because the truth of it has not been revealed to them and so most immediately reject instead of being like the Bereans. The Male Child of Revelation 12:5, is a collective name symbolically representing the 144,000. But because of a knee-jerk reaction, they interpret Jesus as being the male child. The problem is that Jesus does not fit the criteria of the Male child.

Everything in Revelation 12:1-6, is symbolic:

The woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and wearing a crown of twelve stars, is not a literal woman.

The woman is not literally pregnant

The woman does not give literal birth to a child

The male child is not a literal male child

The dragon with seven heads, ten horns and seven crowns, is not a literal dragon.

The 'stars' that the dragon sweeps out of heaven, are not literal stars
=========================================================================

The woman is identified as symbolically representing the nation of Israel, as revealed in Genesis 37:9-10, which uses the same symbols of the sun, moon and stars as used in Revelation. The woman is the unbelieving nation of Israel.

The 144,000 are 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel who will recognize Jesus as their Messiah. The 144,000 who 'come out of' unbelieving Israel, is the meaning behind the woman giving birth to the male child.

In Revelation 14:4, regarding the 144,000, it states that "these are those who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins," which means that they are all males, ergo, male child.

Currently, Israel is in unbelief regarding Jesus as being their Messiah. During the first part of the seven year period and as described in Revelation 7, these 144,000 Israelites for Christ will be sealed with the seal of God on their foreheads. These are those whom the unbelieving nation of Israel will give birth to. That said, in Revelation 12:5, the Male Child/144,000 will be caught up to God and His throne in the middle of the seven years, pretty much the same way that the living church will be changed and caught up at the resurrection.

It is after this in Revelation 14, that the 144,000 are seen with Jesus standing on the heavenly Mount Zion, which is the New Jerusalem.
Heres a few verses I was looking at what are your thoughts on these a they may or may not relate?

Psalm 87:2 The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.

Psalm 87:3 Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.

Psalm 87:5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

Psalm 87:6 The LORD shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.

Psalm 87:7 As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee.

And likewise it says here

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Going back, it says here...

Psalm 87:6 The LORD shall count, when he writeth up the people

And here a number is recorded on mount Sion with the Lamb

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

The LORD shall count when he writeth up his people and a number count is given us in Revelation on mount Sion of 144,000, followed by having His name written in foreheads.

Rev 14:2 and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps (3) And they sung as it were a new song before the throne...

Then following the Psalm

Psalm 87:7 As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there

There are other verses but there were just some similarities in the sense of "this and that man" were born, the Church of the firstborn, the LORD shall "count" when he "writeth up" (and his name on their forehead) and the angels are mentioned a innumerable in one place but in the other all men are mentioned in the other and numbered. Both the singers and players of instruments mentioned and there are others but since you brought it up I wasnt sure if you considered that psalm in your equation. So I am just postingg showing some comparables, not really agreeing or disagreeing but I have considered the same.

I almost forgot, when it says in the same psalm and contrasts loving the gates of Zion more then the dwellings of Jacob

Psalm 87:2 The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.

Even still, Paul states There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob