Job 1:13-22. The Job Theory - When All is Lost

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rachel20

Senior Member
May 7, 2013
1,639
106
63
Job 1:13-22


One day when Job’s sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazingnearby, and the Sabeans attacked and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The fire of God fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”
While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”
While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, “Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”
At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worshipand said:
“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
and naked I will depart.


The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
may the name of the Lord be praised.”

In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.


[video=youtube;YNqo4Un2uZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNqo4Un2uZI [/video]


"There are 3 ascending levels of how one mourns: With tears - the lowest. With silence - that is higher. And with a song - that is the highest" ~Abraham Heschel~


Praise God, He gives and takes away. Blessed be his name.



PS - The song and this video doesn't mean that I support the Bethel Church's spiritual practices or partake in their forms of worship.
 
PATMEN;bt20981 said:
Hi Rachel20,

Praise the Lord, for your entire work on your BLOG! I think, that BLOGS are fewer these days... even here on CC! But, who care? You are my friend on CC and I am honored, to have discovered the gift that God gave you! The gift of touching people with your inspiring words!

GBU, my sister in the Lord

Thank you for the kind comments on my blog! You are very encouraging :)

GBU too, dear friend