Job 21
Job seems to be saying the people perish alike, his friends seem to be more and more blatant in their mocking
He thinks that wicked ppl r still successful
Bear with me, and I will speak,
and after I have spoken, mock on.
[but jobis still being nice to them hence Job answered and said:
2 “Keep listening to my words,
and let this be your comfort.
Job feels his friends are just mocking him (verse 3). In verse 7 and on, Job says the wicked are safe and not under God's rod and don't really see God's judgement. Sometimes in life, I've felt like that - like why do the godless seem like they have less troubles?? But I know God is a just and fair God and everyone reaps what they sow, whether or not it's in public in the light for everyone to see or in private. And to those who don't put their faith in Christ, how awful will their judgement be when our Lord comes back! Also, it's always good to remember that our reward is in heaven.
Job seems to be saying the people perish alike, his friends seem to be more and more blatant in their mocking
He thinks that wicked ppl r still successful
Bear with me, and I will speak,
and after I have spoken, mock on.
[but jobis still being nice to them hence Job answered and said:
2 “Keep listening to my words,
and let this be your comfort.
Job feels his friends are just mocking him (verse 3). In verse 7 and on, Job says the wicked are safe and not under God's rod and don't really see God's judgement. Sometimes in life, I've felt like that - like why do the godless seem like they have less troubles?? But I know God is a just and fair God and everyone reaps what they sow, whether or not it's in public in the light for everyone to see or in private. And to those who don't put their faith in Christ, how awful will their judgement be when our Lord comes back! Also, it's always good to remember that our reward is in heaven.