JOB Chapter 9

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Daffy

Member
Jul 12, 2014
95
1
6
Job 9

so in this chapter

he seems to be in awe of God and that he is fearful ,

So much that he isnt want to question him

God is perfect and Just and other side him ..unperfected and deserved more than his current suffering

This time he wasnt justifying abt himself to his other friend

he seems to feel guilty

I become afraid of all my suffering,

for I know you will not hold me innocent

can see how this is really humbling him

Job agrees that God is a just God and judges rightly (Job 8:3) and to answer Job's question in verse 2 when he asks, "I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?", we can answer and say only through Jesus are we just with God :D, as it says in Romans 3:24-26: "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."
Job goes on to consider himself blameless, but knows he can't argue with God. It appears he has the wrong impression and understanding of God, as he says "It is all the same; that is why I say, ‘He destroys both the blameless and the wicked.’" I'm sure that with all that he was going through, he said a lot in bitterness, and as I pointed out before, in chapter 42:3, Job says, "...Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know."
Also, he asks for a "middle man" between him and God in verse 33-34, which we later find out is Elihu from chapter 32 and on (as I recorded in my older notes). (Compare Job 9:32 and Job 33:6)

​

​