Joel & Victoria Osteen: This Blew My Mind

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I think he’s a great pastor! Perfect Pastor…No, and neither are you or me!
You seem to be more familiar with Joel Ostien that I, so I will ask you about him.

Does Joel Ostien claim to be a pastor and minister of God's Word? If so...

Does Joel Ostien tell people that they are sinners?
Does Joel warn them of the consequences?
Does Joel tell them they need to repent?
Does Joel tell them about how we are to be holy?
Does Joel tell them that the man of God must be willing to endure persecution and hardship for the name of Christ?

If not, then he should not be behind a pulpit.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Very kind of you to say, Snacks.
Thank you kindly, blessings to you and yours in Jesus name.:):coffee:(y)
Those words are well deserved. I love what you bring to the table. God bless you. 🙏

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Huh? He falsely accused me of disliking scripture. And i have no idea how calvin comes into this.
Your love for the Lord is obvious for everyone to see, but imo you’re being hyperbolic. He never accused you of disliking Scripture but rather he addressed your disagreement with post #9

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
What I don't get is this: If it's all about us why even pretend to be a Christian? Why not just join Amway, or whatever is the latest pyramid scheme? Then you can go to conventions where they'll pump you full of all the self-adulation you can handle.

Why do these shysters have to hijack Christianity for their own illegitimate purposes?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
What Victoria Osteen said was taken out of context… no more than when legalistic Pharisees twist scriptures.

Isn’t there a blessing for us when we obey God? Isn’t it really for our good then to obey God?
Aren’t there consequences for not obeying God?

RA - you’re creating division in the Body of Christ and you need to stop. Enough.
I think the problem with such a statement concerning worship is that it makes worship man centered and not God centered. That should be seen as a problem for any aspect of life. That doesn't result in us decreasing but increasing.

L

Locoponydirtman

Your love for the Lord is obvious for everyone to see, but imo you’re being hyperbolic. He never accused you of disliking Scripture but rather he addressed your disagreement with post #9
No sir. He did not say post #9. He said scripture.
hmm... locoponydirtman doesn't like scripture?:unsure::):coffee:
There is no white washing it. He said what he said in plain ole English.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
This verse might apply to this thread. And interesting to read previous verses of 1 Kings 3.

1 Kings 3:24 And the king said, Bring me a sword. And they brought a sword before the king. 25 And the king said, Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other.
I was told there would be no math.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
What Victoria Osteen said was taken out of context… no more than when legalistic Pharisees twist scriptures.

Isn’t there a blessing for us when we obey God? Isn’t it really for our good then to obey God?
Aren’t there consequences for not obeying God?

RA - you’re creating division in the Body of Christ and you need to stop. Enough.
How much does one need to hear to know the context .

L

Locoponydirtman

It was a question not a statement. Big difference.
Phrasing, rhetorical. I know how english works. Its a rhetorical question. Which is actually a statement phrased as a question.
And this aint worth arguing about.
He, like many others on this forum, play the part of satan and then pretend they didnt.
I dont really care, its par for the coarse. I would like it if you please stop defending this behavior

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Victoria Osteen responded to her critics about her remark. But notice she doesn't really change the essence of anything she said:

" 'While I admit that I could have been more articulate in my remarks, I stand by my point that when we worship God and are obedient to Him we will be better for it,' said Mrs. Osteen in a statement to The Blaze on September 5, 'I did not mean to imply that we don't worship God; that's ridiculous, and only the critics and cynics are interpreting my remarks that way.' "​

But that's not what she was being criticized for. The criticism was because she said when we worship God, we don't do it for Him really but for ourselves. She said nothing to walk this back or apologize for it.

See: https://www.breathecast.com/news/jo...garding-worship-for-yourself-quote-video.html
We are always required to be forbearing of one another, not condescending and/or judgmental of one another.
best wishes

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
You seem to be more familiar with Joel Ostien that I, so I will ask you about him.

Does Joel Ostien claim to be a pastor and minister of God's Word? If so...

Does Joel Ostien tell people that they are sinners?
Does Joel warn them of the consequences?
Does Joel tell them they need to repent?
Does Joel tell them about how we are to be holy?
Does Joel tell them that the man of God must be willing to endure persecution and hardship for the name of Christ?

If not, then he should not be behind a pulpit.
No he does not...He is a motivational speaker...He says when asked why he does not talk about sin , and he said because people are burdened enough , and they know they are sinners...I have heard him in interviews many times , and one of his favourite words is " I don't know "...He should be sitting in the pew being taught the word of God...

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I think the problem with such a statement concerning worship is that it makes worship man centered and not God centered. That should be seen as a problem for any aspect of life. That doesn't result in us decreasing but increasing.
John 3:30
“He must increase, but I must decrease.”

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Ecc_5:1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"Wow!
You only do things for others because they need it or as a favor?

I didn't get that out of his post, of course it is good for us to be His own, His hands and feet here. :unsure::):coffee:

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
"Wow!
You only do things for others because they need it or as a favor?

I didn't get that out of his post, of course it is good for us to be His own, His hands and feet here. :unsure::):coffee:
Perhaps some here are toenails. If so, I hope your comment doesn't cut them to the quick.