Joel & Victoria Osteen: This Blew My Mind

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
One thing’s for sure, my praise of Shittim has a lot of positive reactions and that speaks volumes on his behalf.
I don't know how much stock I would put in positive reactions. I seem to recall Paul taking a lot of stonings and beatings. Maybe he should've tried more for those positive reactions.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Just my personal opinion, but I think Paul would have endorsed the use of emojis.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
1 Corinthians 3:12-15
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
"For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God." Ephesians 5:5

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Oh, I see. He is such a great guy he took up defense for an obvious fraud and false teacher, (the subject of this thread)
And accused me of disliking scripture.
And you take up defense of that behavior.
Well.... there ya have it.
So yes, i guess the reactions do speak volumes.
He said the following:

We all come to Him as we are, but we don't stay the way we are.”

You disapproved of what he said and he questioned why because what he shared is based on Scripture. Good for him.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Until we recognize that we are all fallible, that God has promised to plead our causes, and that in our silence He is very often working in hearts and minds, we seem doomed to the I'm rubber and you're glue strategy that helped us so successfully navigate our way through middle school.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Knowing we do not know the hearts of others and often we dont know our own hearts.
A short family story.
My Pentecostal parents raised 5 kids.
1 Oldest a Pentecostal dispensational believer loves the Lord
2 My self mostly reformed with touches of pentecostal scattered in, loves the Lord
3 Next, total WoF Pentecostal dispensationalist yet he too loves our Lord
4 Reformer all the way known the Word from from his early teens and guess what loves the Lord
5 Dumb brother kid is RCC real deep we pray for him yet we also know he loves the Lord
MY understanding does not agree with 1, 3 and 5.. I trust in the Grace of our Lord .
Point ? We are all at different places in our walk with Him .

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
I don't know how much stock I would put in positive reactions. I seem to recall Paul taking a lot of stonings and beatings. Maybe he should've tried more for those positive reactions.
You don’t put much stock in anything, much less people who don’t agree with you 100% of the time, hence your problematic disposition.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Yup those guys could say that every day cause some one looses a loved one all the time. That is how fortune tellers work. I believe in Devine healing. I also believing in testing the spirits .
You can take it however you want. I see it as a message from God to anyone who was watching and was blest by the message. Who Me?? God would actually speak through someone for my comfort?? I'm giving God the glory and since Brian Lamb said the same thing, I'm sure he is resting in peace right now, and I thank God for them both.
Also, I would commit to I'm 99% sure it was from the Father, as in the middle of the two programs of Osteen and Lamb, I watched an episode of 'Miracles Around Us' that had an angel girl with long ringlets, like my daughter's hair could do. Her mother's name was revealed, it was Elenor, my daughter's name❤

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Really? My studies suggested just the opposite. I'll double triple check my sources.
Pete was just a good ol boy fisherman speaking before he thought. Paul the scholarly type .. Wow have i miss the boat for all these years?

Blessed57

Dec 2, 2022
1 John 4 states, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." We should ask God to show us who truly is a man or woman of God, before we start following their teaching/preaching, and believing what they say and do. This includes anyone who is an evangelist, preacher, teacher, or friend for that matter. Satan will use anyone and anything he can in order to get us to fall away from our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We need to be careful with this, and always pray on these things first, so we are not led down Satan's rabbit hole.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
You don’t put much stock in anything, much less people who don’t agree with you 100% of the time, hence your problematic disposition.
What do you mean by "problematic disposition?"

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I don’t know Joel Osteen’s heart, but that he won’t unequivocally say that Jesus is the ONLY Way, and that without Him everyone will perish, is exceedingly bad. Especially for someone with his secular appearances in the world.