Joel & Victoria Osteen: This Blew My Mind

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

‬‬

what do you make of this type of stuff ?

“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Is that true ? Or should we say that’s not grace because he’s telling his disciples what to do ? And what the result will be ?
Not sure what your point is.
Did you not read what i wrote?
Did i not say the disfellowshipped is forgiven? And that the purpose is to set boundaries with the goal of correcting bad behavior?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Not sure what your point is.
Did you not read what i wrote?
Did i not say the disfellowshipped is forgiven? And that the purpose is to set boundaries with the goal of correcting bad behavior?
“Did i not say the disfellowshipped is forgiven?”

whats disfellowshipped ? And what’s he forgiven from ? And what I’m asking is is what Jesus said about forgiveness true or isn’t it ?

He doesn’t say anything about already forgiven he’s saying “if you forgive others , you’ll be forgiven and if you don’t neither will you “

so what if the “ disfellowshipped “ person won’t forgive others ? Is he forgiven ?

L

Locoponydirtman

“Did i not say the disfellowshipped is forgiven?”

whats disfellowshipped ? And what’s he forgiven from ? And what I’m asking is is what Jesus said about forgiveness true or isn’t it ?

He doesn’t say anything about already forgiven he’s saying “if you forgive others , you’ll be forgiven and if you don’t neither will you “

so what if the “ disfellowshipped “ person won’t forgive others ? Is he forgiven ?
Yes Jesus, said that, and He means it. We are obligated to forgive.
As for the disfellowshipped...Thats between him and The Lord.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yes Jesus, said that, and He means it. We are obligated to forgive.
As for the disfellowshipped...Thats between him and The Lord.
Can I ask why at you mean by disfellowshipped ? Are you talking about when Paul told them to excommunicate and not associate with the man who took his fathers wife ? I'm just wanting to make sure I understand

L

Locoponydirtman

Can I ask why at you mean by disfellowshipped ? Are you talking about when Paul told them to excommunicate and not associate with the man who took his fathers wife ? I'm just wanting to make sure I understand
The idea is similar, but it more like where Jesus said if you have something against your brother go to them. If they hear you gain your brother back. Except they didnt hear me. So i havent gained them back.
Paul was talking about open ergregious sin. Im just dealing with inappropriate behavior by setting a boundary. That boundary being that i refuse to deal with them.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The idea is similar, but it more like where Jesus said if you have something against your brother go to them. If they hear you gain your brother back. Except they didnt hear me. So i havent gained them back.
Paul was talking about open ergregious sin. Im just dealing with inappropriate behavior by setting a boundary. That boundary being that i refuse to deal with them.
Àmen yes I think Paul was following that doctrine

It was hard for Paul to do that he says something like " I have come to this by shedding many tears and much anguish of heart .

But to your point , Paul writes a second letter explaining what your saying that it was to induce repentance from them who approved and then he who had transgressed. In the second letter he tells them to receive him again as a brother so he isn't ovwrxomw by the devil in much sorrow that he may be saved

I understand and agree with what your saying thank you for clarifying, God bless and keep you

But

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Satan is the false accuser. Are gonna play the role of satan?
I dislike when people abuse scripture, and misapply it to suit their agenda.

You hate that because it's an echoe from here and leads to the same place

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Genesis 2:16‭-‬17 KJV

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good ( God said it was death)for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.( They've turned against Gods command because it was twisted to suit the devil's purpose and kill them)
Genesis 3:1‭, ‬4‭-‬6 KJV

The solution is to stand on Gods word as he spoke it like this when the new beginning came and the new man overcame

And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, and saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: And in their hands they shall bear thee up, Lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; and saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
Matthew 4:3‭-‬11 KJV

The devil uses scripture to but he always twists and omits what God actually said

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
He has been doing it for a long time and is very good at it, we have the indwelling power that has already made him a defeated foe, though he go around as a roaring lion.:):coffee::unsure:(y)
best wishes

Nov 26, 2021
India
See how many times over and over again the Holy Bible tells us God loves and wants to make us blessed and prosperous in al that our hands set out to do. And the condition to obtain this is faith, love and obedience to His Commands to us.

Deut 30:9 "Then the LORD your God will make you most prosperous in all the work of your hands and in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your land. The LORD will again delight in you and make you prosperous, just as he delighted in your ancestors,"

As I mentioned, I myself was of a different opinion before really studying the issue in depth. But further study left no doubt - and it really is not even close if you do a complete Bible Study of it - that the "Gospel of Prosperity" is a True Gospel, and is what God Himself revealed in the OT. Christ in the NT only condemns "the gospel of greed" which is a false gospel but never the Gospel of Prosperity which His Father Himself had revealed. God loves us and wants us to be blessed and prosperous.

This is important for me because I was born in a poor family. I too believed the common opinion that "Prosperity Gospel" was an error. As long as I believed that, I was never prosperous. But God opened my eyes recently to see the Truth. And after I saw that God indeed wants us all to be prosperous, prosperity in the form of a good job offer arrived shortly thereafter. Until then, I had wanted to donate to charity, ministries etc, but hardly could, because I myself had little. Now, by God's Grace, I am able to do much more.

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! God wants us all to be abundantly blessed and prosperous, and to bless others and make them prosperous too, out of the abundance of Love with which He has richly blessed us in all things. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We all come to Him as we are, but we don't stay the way we are.
You do attempt to create division in the Body of Christ.:unsure::):coffee:
Everyone here should know that we all came to Christ where we were, no matter what our unsaved condition was, but after accepting Him as Savior and Lord of our lives, the process of being conformed to the image of the Son begins.
Yet there are two here at this point who disagree with that truth.
Worth bringing to light for all to reflect and meditate on to produce more, "sharpening of the iron".
best wishes:):coffee::unsure:(y)

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
The principle remains the same.
Our service to God has nothing to do with Him having need of us. nor of us doing Him any favors. However we do, we serve Him and we worship Him for Him, because of Him.
We can not earn anything from Him, because He has given to us out of His boundless mercy and grace.
Its ok if you don't understand.

But it would be easier if you just said so right away.

L

Locoponydirtman

Its ok if you don't understand.

But it would be easier if you just said so right away.
I dont understand this post.
What are you implying that I dont understand?

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Everyone here should know that we all came to Christ where we were, no matter what our unsaved condition was, but after accepting Him as Savior and Lord of our lives, the process of being conformed to the image of the Son begins.
Worth bringing to light for all to reflect and meditate on to produce more, "sharpening of the iron".
You said nothing even remotely disparaging. We’ve been disfellowshipped from ignorance. Enjoy the solitude. 😊

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
You said nothing even remotely disparaging. We’ve been disfellowshipped from ignorance. Enjoy the solitude. 😊
It still boggles my mind that someone who offers coffee can even qualify for disfellowship but readily admit I'm still new to disfellowshipping and don't know all the nuances. But I'm also fascinated that a new word may have been coined according to PennEd so we may have witnessed etymological history.

L

Locoponydirtman

Who disagrees with that, and how do you come to that conclusion?

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
It still boggles my mind that someone who offers coffee can even qualify for disfellowship but readily admit I'm still new to disfellowshipping and don't know all the nuances. But I'm also fascinated that a new word may have been coined according to PennEd so we may have witnessed etymological history.
I learned quickly that PennEd is a wonderful brother in Christ and a mind of spiritual wealth. I also learned one other thing; you’re right there as well. Thanks for sharing as you do. 😊

L

Locoponydirtman

Disfellowship isnt a new word. I posted the Oxford dictionary definition for you.

Also offering coffee does not qualify someone for disfellowship. It needs to be something along the lines of what is generally poor behavior. In this case, making a false accusation against someone and then the other is gaslighting. These are dishonest and poor behaviors that need corrected. I refuse to deal with such people until they change the behavior

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
also bad to live to look for ways to act offended.