Joel & Victoria Osteen: This Blew My Mind

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Disfellowship isnt a new word. I posted the Oxford dictionary definition for you.

Also offering coffee does not qualify someone for disfellowship. It needs to be something along the lines of what is generally poor behavior. In this case, making a false accusation against someone and then the other is gaslighting. These are dishonest and poor behaviors that need corrected.
Thanks. I do understand your position and I don't disagree with your definition. I just wonder about the authority being exercised. I don't approve of everyone's behavior here but I don't assume I have authority over others here. I know I am to exercise authority in my home and church. I don't have such authority here.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
@Cameron143 @oyster67
Thanks guys for the much enjoyed and needed smiles.

Neh_8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

L

Locoponydirtman

also bad to live to look for ways to act offended.
Its perfectly correct to confront someone for false accusations.
We can have a conversation now that you have reframed the statement.
So if ya like. I asked how you come to the conclusion that anyone disagrees with the following statement that you made.
Everyone here should know that we all came to Christ where we were, no matter what our unsaved condition was, but after accepting Him as Savior and Lord of our lives, the process of being conformed to the image of the Son begins.
Yet there are two here at this point who disagree with that truth.
Worth bringing to light for all to reflect and meditate on to produce more, "sharpening of the iron".
best wishes:):coffee::unsure:(y)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
If you are a Christian you will know you are to take ALL things to the Lord and lean not on your own understanding.
What does He guide you to?
best wishes:):coffee:

L

Locoponydirtman

If you are a Christian you will know you are to take ALL things to the Lord and lean not on your own understanding.
What does He guide you to?
best wishes:):coffee:
Open up conversation with you. Which is always the goal.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Everyone here should know that we all came to Christ where we were, no matter what our unsaved condition was, but after accepting Him as Savior and Lord of our lives, the process of being conformed to the image of the Son begins.
Yet there are two here at this point who disagree with that truth.
Worth bringing to light for all to reflect and meditate on to produce more, "sharpening of the iron".
best wishes:):coffee::unsure:(y)
unsaved condition Is that anything like unconditional election?

L

Locoponydirtman

And yet you’re “dealing” with Shittim. smh
He rephrased his statement so that it did not include a false accusation. Its that simple. He self corrected.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
He rephrased his statement so that it did not include a false accusation. Its that simple. He self corrected.
Actually he elaborated on it in a manner that helped you understand he never said anything disparaging.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
@Cameron143 @oyster67

Neh_8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Oyster67 is hilarious. It was my joy to be a part.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
@Cameron143 @oyster67

My mom loved that verse. Brings back fond memories of childhood. Thank you, Beckie.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
RA - you’re creating division in the Body of Christ and you need to stop. Enough.
The ones who create division in the Body of Christ are (a) false brethren, (b) false pastors, (c) false apostles, (d) false prophets, and (e) false teachers. A careful look at Joel Osteen's words and his wealth shows who he is.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
The love the lord Jesus Christ so they belong to a God.. careful. I do not agree with somethings they teach but oh praise God do they help the poor and so much more. Odd never gets talked about. You know what God sees all the time vs what He does not.. ah but we Christians do. I've seen what happens when one touches His kids. Saying you love Jesus amen but does not give us this right. Remember we made the free choice.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Disfellowship isnt a new word. I posted the Oxford dictionary definition for you.

Also offering coffee does not qualify someone for disfellowship. It needs to be something along the lines of what is generally poor behavior. In this case, making a false accusation against someone and then the other is gaslighting. These are dishonest and poor behaviors that need corrected. I refuse to deal with such people until they change the behavior
“I refuse to deal with such people until they change the behavior”

“But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭9:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You should consider how Jesus is on the gospel , and how the Pharisees he’s constantly rebuking are towards “ sinners “ if Jesus refused to deal with people until after they become righteous no one would ever change and hear his call to repentance

“And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That’s what saves the sinners his mercy and forebearance towards them and his fellowship with them is the very thing that corrects thier behaviors as the follow and learn from him and learn to trust in and believe firmly

if we believe ourselves to be righteous we need to look into the gospel and see if his teachings are reflected in our own behavior towards other imperfect people. If we try to judge everyone unworthy we’ve missed it completely but we want to speak the gospel to them so they will hear his call to repentance

If we’re only willing to associate with those we deem righteous already we’re really missing it badly

“Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:39‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a notice the Pharisees are always standing back and peering at all the “ sinners “ and the sinners are always flocking in droves to hear and follow the lord Jesus ?

The woman was a sinner it says plainly but the Pharisee was shocked that Jesus would allow “ such a woman this sinnner” to touch him

“Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:47-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

if we’re looking at sin in others and judging them by it it’s because we aren’t letting the light shine on us first

dear brother , consider how Jesus treated known sinners and how Pharisees looked down thier noses at them and who actually came to Jesus and who stayed away from Him and accused the sinners he was accepting so he could heal them and lead them to repentance and righteousness

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Sometimes, the problem concerns what they neglect to teach.
2 Timothy 3:12
“Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.”