Joel & Victoria Osteen: This Blew My Mind

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Ok
It still boggles my mind that someone who offers coffee can even qualify for disfellowship but readily admit I'm still new to disfellowshipping and don't know all the nuances. But I'm also fascinated that a new word may have been coined according to PennEd so we may have witnessed etymological history.
Oyster67...don't get started. You singlehandedly doubled my surprised reaction emojis in one evening last night. I don't think I can endure that again.

L

Locoponydirtman

“I refuse to deal with such people until they change the behavior”

“But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭9:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You should consider how Jesus is on the gospel , and how the Pharisees he’s constantly rebuking are towards “ sinners “ if Jesus refused to deal with people until after they become righteous no one would ever change and hear his call to repentance

“And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That’s what saves the sinners his mercy and forebearance towards them and his fellowship with them is the very thing that corrects thier behaviors as the follow and learn from him and learn to trust in and believe firmly

if we believe ourselves to be righteous we need to look into the gospel and see if his teachings are reflected in our own behavior towards other imperfect people. If we try to judge everyone unworthy we’ve missed it completely but we want to speak the gospel to them so they will hear his call to repentance

If we’re only willing to associate with those we deem righteous already we’re really missing it badly

“Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:39‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a notice the Pharisees are always standing back and peering at all the “ sinners “ and the sinners are always flocking in droves to hear and follow the lord Jesus ?

The woman was a sinner it says plainly but the Pharisee was shocked that Jesus would allow “ such a woman this sinnner” to touch him

“Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:47-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

if we’re looking at sin in others and judging them by it it’s because we aren’t letting the light shine on us first

dear brother , consider how Jesus treated known sinners and how Pharisees looked down thier noses at them and who actually came to Jesus and who stayed away from Him and accused the sinners he was accepting so he could heal them and lead them to repentance and righteousness
None of that is about dealing with the christian brother who is exhibiting bad but very human characteristics that should be corrected

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
We're not talking about others.

We're talking about going to church and worshipping God.
You mean going to a church building and singing with our hands raised ? Is that worshipping God or does it sound more like this ?

“For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:11, 14, 16-19‬ ‭

if it’s not about loving others in deed and truth there’s something wrong with the church we’re attending and singing our songs and lifting our hands

“This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; But their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, Teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭15:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
None of that is about dealing with the christian brother who is exhibiting bad but very human characteristics that should be corrected
yes I suppose each of us individual Christian’s should judge one another unworthy of our company and cast them out until they “ learn thier lesson and become worthy of our company again “ because we ourselves perceive some “ sin “ in them

a there’s a reason that sinners flock to Jesus and self righteous stand back and judge him for associating with those “ filthy wretches”

We aren’t sinners they are we’re worthy and they aren’t Jesus won’t accept us unless we first become sinless so we need to make sure to cast them out if we personally perceive a sin in them

“Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The church represents Jesus on this earth he came to call all the sinners near to him and because of that the self righteous scoffed and mocked and stayed away from him.

Im not sure you see the issue hat needs to be repented of and it could be because your looking at the sinners o are trying to come to church and hear Jesus and fellowship with his children and learn to repent of the things they need to repent of

zone of the most important is to not see yourself as worthy enough for Jesus , and then look for others who aren’t worthy

That’s necessary , only sinners who accept they are sinners will ever come to a place of repentance knowing “ I need to repent “ and if we drove them away “ for thier own good “ until they again meet our high standard “ all we are doing is showing ourselves not to be in Christ

L

Locoponydirtman

yes I suppose each of us individual Christian’s should judge one another unworthy of our company and cast them out until they “ learn thier lesson and become worthy of our company again “ because we ourselves perceive some “ sin “ in them

a there’s a reason that sinners flock to Jesus and self righteous stand back and judge him for associating with those “ filthy wretches”

We aren’t sinners they are we’re worthy and they aren’t Jesus won’t accept us unless we first become sinless so we need to make sure to cast them out if we personally perceive a sin in them

“Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The church represents Jesus on this earth he came to call all the sinners near to him and because of that the self righteous scoffed and mocked and stayed away from him.

Im not sure you see the issue hat needs to be repented of and it could be because your looking at the sinners o are trying to come to church and hear Jesus and fellowship with his children and learn to repent of the things they need to repent of

zone of the most important is to not see yourself as worthy enough for Jesus , and then look for others who aren’t worthy

That’s necessary , only sinners who accept they are sinners will ever come to a place of repentance knowing “ I need to repent “ and if we drove them away “ for thier own good “ until they again meet our high standard “ all we are doing is showing ourselves not to be in Christ
So you think its better to tollerate toxic and or abusive behavior, or its better to set up some good healthy boundaries for the promotion of growth?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
So you think its better to tollerate toxic and or abusive behavior, or its better to set up some good healthy boundaries for the promotion of growth?
i think it’s better for us all to accept the truth that we’re in the same boat as those we try to judge unworthy of Jesus and stop judging each other

“for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I think brother you have the order backwards is all we don’t come to God after we’ve become right we come to Jesus because we have finally realized we’re wrong and the only way for us to be saved is to truly believe in him and hear what he has to say about everything after all it’s only he who can give eternal life and notice who he welcomes and pulls close and who he constantly rebukes and corrects

a what I’m saying is IF you are a church leader at your church a pastor , elder ect someone with authority in your small church group then you would want to pull the person aside and have a discussion with them share some scripture with them about “ being divisive “ really discuss with them because you care about the person and want to make the. Aware that what they are doing isn’t acceptable

aid they accept it and repent the issue is solved and you’ve won a brother over. If they just keep on , then you’d want to get a couple other elders or pastor maybe one of the persons closest friends in the church and again privately take him aside and do the same thing with him you and the others trying to our shade him by the lord word nd your care for them explain why it’s not acceptable ect

air they repent you’ve solved the issue and won your brother over led them to repentance at that point again if this is even your role being the head or authority ofnthe church group your going to want to get together with the rest of the leaders d make a decision bout it prayerfully and with consideration against the gospel

what you have read there is not for each person to be casting people out of the church there’s a very explained process it’s even patterned in the law “ by two or three witnesses every matter shall be established”

Its not for one brother to be accusing and excommunicating another that’s not going to help and infact is also going to divide e church much worse because everyone isn’t going to feel like you do decisions like that are why churches had ordered leadership who are proven worthy to make such judgements over the flock that they labored to gather together

all im saying brother is consider what the gospel says about judging people when you aren’t worthy either without Jesus mercy towards you notice don’t want to judge someone who’s struggling or you perceive isn’t worthy because of some behavior you noticed

but if you don’t want to deal with any certain person don’t , you know ? Just realize that’s not how Jesus is

L

Locoponydirtman

Open up conversation with you. Which is always the goal.
Well Shittim, i see you disagreed with opening up a conversation. Thats ok, its up to you. I will no longer reply to you until you want me too or are ready. Just let me know. My door is open.

L

Locoponydirtman

i think it’s better for us all to accept the truth that we’re in the same boat as those we try to judge unworthy of Jesus and stop judging each other

“for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I think brother you have the order backwards is all we don’t come to God after we’ve become right we come to Jesus because we have finally realized we’re wrong and the only way for us to be saved is to truly believe in him and hear what he has to say about everything after all it’s only he who can give eternal life and notice who he welcomes and pulls close and who he constantly rebukes and corrects

a what I’m saying is IF you are a church leader at your church a pastor , elder ect someone with authority in your small church group then you would want to pull the person aside and have a discussion with them share some scripture with them about “ being divisive “ really discuss with them because you care about the person and want to make the. Aware that what they are doing isn’t acceptable

aid they accept it and repent the issue is solved and you’ve won a brother over. If they just keep on , then you’d want to get a couple other elders or pastor maybe one of the persons closest friends in the church and again privately take him aside and do the same thing with him you and the others trying to our shade him by the lord word nd your care for them explain why it’s not acceptable ect

air they repent you’ve solved the issue and won your brother over led them to repentance at that point again if this is even your role being the head or authority ofnthe church group your going to want to get together with the rest of the leaders d make a decision bout it prayerfully and with consideration against the gospel

what you have read there is not for each person to be casting people out of the church there’s a very explained process it’s even patterned in the law “ by two or three witnesses every matter shall be established”

Its not for one brother to be accusing and excommunicating another that’s not going to help and infact is also going to divide e church much worse because everyone isn’t going to feel like you do decisions like that are why churches had ordered leadership who are proven worthy to make such judgements over the flock that they labored to gather together

all im saying brother is consider what the gospel says about judging people when you aren’t worthy either without Jesus mercy towards you notice don’t want to judge someone who’s struggling or you perceive isn’t worthy because of some behavior you noticed

but if you don’t want to deal with any certain person don’t , you know ? Just realize that’s not how Jesus is
While i agree with most of what you are saying. In situations lime this where there is no elder or pastor with authority to call out and correct. We have to set boundaries. Setting boundaries does not disqualify someone from Jesus or the faith. It just means. Hey, until you can manage yourself in an acceptable way, Im not dealing with you.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
While i agree with most of what you are saying. In situations lime this where there is no elder or pastor with authority to call out and correct. We have to set boundaries. Setting boundaries does not disqualify someone from Jesus or the faith. It just means. Hey, until you can manage yourself in an acceptable way, Im not dealing with you.
Right brother I’m saying

“Hey, until you can manage yourself in an acceptable way, Im not dealing with you”

thats not a reflection of Jesus Christ. If he did that no one would ever come to him because everyone has issues with sin and how they behave

at he thing that solves that is when a broken person comes close to Jesus and realizes “ he still loves me enough to suffer and die “

a you as a Christian are a reflection to the world of Jesus and he’s not like that is what I’m saying and the proof is just look in the gospel who did Jesus embrace and fellowship with ? And who did he rebuke? And also who came running to Jesus to listen to him ? And who stood back away from him and pointed at the sinners ?

Its not for me to correct you I’m just offering an alternate thought for you to consider

anyways I’m not saying you don’t have a point in there that I agree with I’m just thinking the order is a bit mixed up in your thought about it

a broken and contrite people respond to savior when we start looking at our own self and our own flaws honestly compared to the gospel it has a way of humbling us mightily when we look at others who are coming fro the same place we once came from even as we’ve grown a lot and our behavior is much better we have to not forget that “ we were also cleansed from our pat sins “ they can be also but not if we cast them out of our presence we’re supposed to share the gospel with them we can’t if we refuse to associate with them

a church building or group has a leader even this forum has an authority that makes decisions bout who can be here it’s not for the members but for the authority

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
The sooner you acknowledge you’re toxic, the sooner you’ll be in a much better place to correct someone when needed.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
Sometimes I wonder if throwing an Op into left field isn't the same thing as gaslighting.
Here's the Op:
See the Victoria Osteen clip in this video starting at 00:40. They're not even pretending anymore.

Eph 5:11 Do not participate in the useless deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; 12for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret.
While I don't always agree with ResidentAlien, I do this time.
Such people should be exposed for the frauds they are. We also need to do some repeating of these things because some still follow them.
One only needs to see the Osteen's fruits to know them, just as Jesus says.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
BTW, arguing with a brother, wrong or right, justifies no one. We only expose ourselves.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
K Hagin had three terminal diseases and during his 17 month bedridden ordeal, he stood on Mk 11:23-24 and was healed of all three, by faith in the Word of God. Top surgeons at the Mayo clinic told him he had to die.
If Hagin's word of faith teaching is true, why did he even get sick in the first place? If perfect health is guaranteed in the atonement; if all you have to do is make prayer declarations or positive confessions, why did Hagin get sick?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
These comments brought this scripture to mind. Don't know why.

Acts 18:14 And when Paul was now about to open his mouth, Gallio said unto the Jews, If it were a matter of wrong or wicked lewdness, O ye Jews, reason would that I should bear with you:
That one made me grin.

Basically Gallio was saying, "Look guys, if this was something where you could prove somebody had done something objectively evil I would hear you out. But I ain't putting up with this junk. Y'all sort this one out yourselves."

And after 13 pages, that's about the long and short of it on this matter. :cool:

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I dont understand this post.
What are you implying that I dont understand?
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 7:6-7
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

John 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
You mean going to a church building and singing with our hands raised ? Is that worshipping God or does it sound more like this ?

“For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:11, 14, 16-19‬ ‭

if it’s not about loving others in deed and truth there’s something wrong with the church we’re attending and singing our songs and lifting our hands

“This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; But their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, Teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭15:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬
We can worship God anywhere at any time.

But sometimes the presence of Christians helps us and others to Worship God. You know, like church.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
If Hagin's word of faith teaching is true, why did he even get sick in the first place? If perfect health is guaranteed in the atonement; if all you have to do is make prayer declarations or positive confessions, why did Hagin get sick?
Why did he get sick...how many churches preach on Isa 53 or even believe Jesus 'surely' took our pains, sorrows and by His stripes/lashes we are healed" How many have elders or simply believers go out laying hands on the sick 'and they will recover'?
Why did he get sick...he was born with health problems and at age 15 he was laying paralyzed on his sickbed for 17mos, everyone gave up on him. Thank God he had the Bible next to his bed and found Mk 11:23-24 that he believed on and was completely healed of 3 fatal diseases. He went on to preach 60+ yrs.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
We can worship God anywhere at any time.

But sometimes the presence of Christians helps us and others to Worship God. You know, like church.
Yeah what I was saying was is worshipping God our singing and raising hands in a group or alone ? Is that worshipping God ?

Or is it worshipping God when you love other people in your actions ?

I said nothing about “ where “ we worship or whether with a group

We worship God by how we live our lives is the point not by where we attend church buildings or whether we sing and lift our hands it’s about whether we extend a helping hand to others in his name through our life

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Why did he get sick...how many churches preach on Isa 53 or even believe Jesus 'surely' took our pains, sorrows and by His stripes/lashes we are healed" How many have elders or simply believers go out laying hands on the sick 'and they will recover'?
Why did he get sick...he was born with health problems and at age 15 he was laying paralyzed on his sickbed for 17mos, everyone gave up on him. Thank God he had the Bible next to his bed and found Mk 11:23-24 that he believed on and was completely healed of 3 fatal diseases. He went on to preach 60+ yrs.
Why did Benny Hinn get COVID? He wasn't born with COVID. Kenneth Copeland pronounced COVID over, twice. So how did Hinn end up with COVID?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Why did Benny Hinn get COVID? He wasn't born with COVID. Kenneth Copeland pronounced COVID over, twice. So how did Hinn end up with COVID?
What is it you're trying to say? All the Scriptures that speak of healing are lies? Am I supposed to judge why someone didn't get healed, no.