John 3:18

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2022
Paul would not have you be ignorant about this friend.

No Jews, No Jesus.
No rebellious Jews no cross
Concentrate on God's word and try not to put the Lord against Paul, His servant.

Mark 16:14–15 (NASB95)
14 Afterward He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen.
15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

The Jews came first, but God was not going to let the Jews dictate His universal salvation,

Jan 31, 2021
I will.
It's the rest of you that I'm greatly concerned about.
Anyhow, let's make this official:
@RoboOp or @Oncefallen, please deactivate my account.

Thank you.

P.S.
There won't be a "Live4him4" nor will I ever return here under another username.
A wise choice here. Because he wouldn't answer my questions about WHEN Jesus did come back, since he falsely believes that Revelation all happened very soon after John wrote Revelation.

That would mean the Second Advent occurred, the resurrection of ALL believers occurred, all all the horrors of the Tribulation occurred.

Yeah, sure.

Given his extremely vile comments in post 119 and 123, he sure doesn't need to be on any website parading as a Christian.

While he may be, his posts highly suggest there is a huge problem between his ears.

Some folks believe Jews are saved because they’re Jews. I don’t see how an unbeliever has salvation.
That is because they have never read the scriptures which are able to make us wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. The scriptures testify that he that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. And again, whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. Yet again, we see the verity of the blessed words of our Lord: If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
1 John 4:9 says Jesus is God’s only begotten Son before being human.
No, it does not. The reference is in an after-the-fact past tense.

The pre-existence of Jesus is accurate.
Yes - the Word (pre-existence of Jesus) was made flesh...

However, the 'sonship' of Jesus as the only begotten Son rests in the virgin birth. (or, conception)

Otherwise, from-what-exactly was the Son 'begotten' by the Father "in the spirit realm"...?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I think a closer look into the meaning of 'the first begotten' specifically in regard to "of the dead," is warranted here which will help clarify the understanding.
For Revelation 1:5 perhaps; however, that does not mean that every other place in scripture where '[first/only] begotten' is found is automatically associated with something death-related.

The word 'begotten' is found in several places in scripture in different contexts.

The context must be considered (along with the definition of the original Greek or Hebrew word) when determining the exact nature of the meaning in each passage.

Mar 4, 2020
How about - all of the dead-in-Christ (at the time of the resurrection) - all at the same time...? ;)
makes sense.

1 Corinthians 15
23But each in his own turn: Christ the firstfruits; then at His coming, those who belong to Him.

Mar 4, 2020
No, it does not. The reference is in an after-the-fact past tense.
Colossians 1:15-17
15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Mar 4, 2020
Revelation 3:14
14And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. John 3:18

Some folks believe Jews are saved because they’re Jews. I don’t see how an unbeliever has salvation.
Jews must acknowledge that Jesus is Lord and be born again just like everyone else. It is the same now as it was in the early Church (which was primarily composed of Jewish born-again followers of Jesus.)

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
For Revelation 1:5 perhaps; however, that does not mean that every other place in scripture where '[first/only] begotten' is found is automatically associated with something death-related.

The word 'begotten' is found in several places in scripture in different contexts.

The context must be considered (along with the definition of the original Greek or Hebrew word) when determining the exact nature of the meaning in each passage.
I agree, and in this particular instance the prepositional phrase "of the dead" shows the firstborn's relation to death.

The word “ of ” is considered as a preposition because it is used to show that a person or an object belongs to, or is related to, something.