Jordan Peterson in the news.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I did a search for Jordan Peterson and was surprised that there were no threads with him in the subject line. There are two pages worth of posts that include his name, one of them my own. But given his rise to celebrity status I'm surprised there isn't a single thread on him and the controversy he brought about with respect to the use of gender neutral pronouns.

Sadly he's in the news now for a different reason. Apparently he became addicted to a tranquilizer prescribed when his wife was suffering from cancer, and to deal with her ultimate death. He has since gone to Russia because he apparently couldn't find health care providers in the west who were willing to taper him off these 'benzos', but who rather deal with addiction by prescribing more drugs.

https://news.google.com/articles/CA...6f-ICzDjj4gDMK2RnwY?hl=en-CA&gl=CA&ceid=CA:en

This news pushed me to look more into Peterson, especially after getting into some discussion with some of my more leftward leaning friends who absolutely detest Peterson. One very Liberal Christian acquaintance went so far as to call Peterson immoral. I saw this video where Peterson expounds on some of his religious belefs, or rather on his 'views on relgion'. If you want to fast forward to the meat of it go to about the 18 minute mark:

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I like Jordan Peterson. Smart guy. Shame he turned to drugs to cope with those liberals. :-(

L

Locoponydirtman

I like and respect him. At least when he found himself in trouble with the drugs he sought help. Humans are just that human. I hope he recovers and shares what he learned.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I like and respect him. At least when he found himself in trouble with the drugs he sought help. Humans are just that human. I hope he recovers and shares what he learned.
He needs to get himself back into shape, so he can make more of them liberals look like fools.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I like Jordan Peterson. Smart guy. Shame he turned to drugs to cope with those liberals. :-(
Its often said that intellectuals are highly prone to mental conditions like depression....and I think I can understand why. Peterson for example strikes me as someone who desperately wants to reason EVERYTHING out, to understand things at the deepest and most fundamental levels. But how do you reason through the grief that comes with a loved being diagnosed with cancer and dying? I don't think its possible....and mental illness affects physical health, so off to the Doctor you go and are prescribed medication that can be incredibly addictive and ultimately devastating, the cure is worse than the disease.

In the video I linked he brings up the Biblical account of Cain and Abel and describes it as something that is incredibly deep....how it has layer upon layer but its impossible to get to the bottom of it, and this is just a short little account of something like 10 sentences or so. Referring to scripture as being 'hyperlinked' with so many passages linked to so many others....layer upon layer of deep profound meaning, he has helped deepen my appreciation for the Bible.

I hope and pray he recovers soon.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
He needs to get himself back into shape, so he can make more of them liberals look like fools.
I don't think Peterson actually has any interest in making someone look like a fool....although that might be the end result, but its hardly a charitable characteristic to wish others to be made to look foolish.

What Peterson seems to want to get at, as I see it, is ultimate truth. And by my defintion 'ulimate truth' is God, so I would say that Peterson is seeking God. Where I think he gets into trouble is that, being an academeic, he wants to define and understand God....which to my thinking is absolutely and utterly impossible. Like Moses before the burning bush wanting a name, a label that he can affix to God....but the answer Moses gets is simply 'I AM', there's no box that He can fit in, no label that works....there's not bottom or top....and for someone who's overly intellectual, ugh....that's a tough one I believe.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
G-d is our healer, the adversary is attacking many people, rush limbaugh, michael savage, jordan peterson, etc, he knows his time is short. Jordan peterson didn't "turn to drugs", he was prescribed medication and is getting assistance to be free of it.
best wishes

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I don't think Peterson actually has any interest in making someone look like a fool....although that might be the end result, but its hardly a charitable characteristic to wish others to be made to look foolish.
I think you misunderstood me. Liberals look pretty foolish to most anyone, because they are. But Jordan Peterson frames it in such a way, so that even the liberals can see how foolish they look.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I think you misunderstood me. Liberals look pretty foolish to most anyone, because they are. But Jordan Peterson frames it in such a way, so that even the liberals can see how foolish they look.
Fair enough...in point of fact, if I look back at my own life experience, in many ways I would have characterized myself as a liberal minded person, but more in the classical sense of the word. With that being said the extreme elements of the left pushed me right, and they keep pushing. But I don't consider the extremists to be truly left wing....to me the extremists are facists, they've become what they profess to hate.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Seems the dems have shifted way too far.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Fair enough...in point of fact, if I look back at my own life experience, in many ways I would have characterized myself as a liberal minded person, but more in the classical sense of the word. With that being said the extreme elements of the left pushed me right, and they keep pushing. But I don't consider the extremists to be truly left wing....to me the extremists are facists, they've become what they profess to hate.
I thought the extreme left was Communism (ownership of the people by the State), and the extreme right Fascism (ownership of the people by Company). Generally, the middle ground is supposed to be ownership of the people by the people.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Nicely said, but still secular, is it not?
As Christian, being Christ centered and focused on Him, the "center" then, is the only place to be that doesn't take our focus off Christ and place it on the temporal world of politics.
Best wishes

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Nicely said, but still secular, is it not?
As Christian, being Christ centered and focused on Him, the "center" then, is the only place to be that doesn't take our focus off Christ and place it on the temporal world of politics.
Best wishes
I agree. The beauty of the people being owned by the people (in theory at least) is that it is recognised by the society that those who belong to Christ have every right to claim so. When the mindless government or greedy corporations get it into their heads that people belong to them, they refuse to acknowledge the important reality that all people belong to God. This leads to all manner of problems.

E

EleventhHour

Jordan Peterson is a voice of sanity in a devolving world.

I pray he finds the peace he is obviously searching for.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Hmmm.... It is no accident, and we know there are no accidents as He knows the end from the beginning, the current struggle in America and the world is between good and evil, and the fields are ripe for harvest.
best wishes

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Was typing while you posted Eleventh, yes, saw a prophetic testimony of how these speakers of the truth are being attacked and also, how in the Spirit we are being raised up to proclaim this truth, we all get to stand up for Jesus.
Blessings

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Its often said that intellectuals are highly prone to mental conditions like depression....and I think I can understand why. Peterson for example strikes me as someone who desperately wants to reason EVERYTHING out, to understand things at the deepest and most fundamental levels. But how do you reason through the grief that comes with a loved being diagnosed with cancer and dying? I don't think its possible....and mental illness affects physical health, so off to the Doctor you go and are prescribed medication that can be incredibly addictive and ultimately devastating, the cure is worse than the disease.

In the video I linked he brings up the Biblical account of Cain and Abel and describes it as something that is incredibly deep....how it has layer upon layer but its impossible to get to the bottom of it, and this is just a short little account of something like 10 sentences or so. Referring to scripture as being 'hyperlinked' with so many passages linked to so many others....layer upon layer of deep profound meaning, he has helped deepen my appreciation for the Bible.

I hope and pray he recovers soon.
I have watched his video's .. He did a series on the Bible,, but he is not a Christian.. He see's the Bible as a rich source of symbolic meanings.. And He views Jesus as a symbol of the perfect man.. But when ever He has been asked directly about his belief in God he has refused to acknowledge a belief in God..

I watch a video where he seemed to believe that to claim to believe in God a person must live the perfect standards of God.. He seems to be like most human beings in that he has a kind of works salvation mindset..

He seems to believe that if a person does not live up to the standards of God then it is hypocritical of them to say they believe God.. A lot of atheists have this same mindset, considering Christians to be hypocrites because we do not live up to the perfect standards we believe in..

I just found this video.. It's Peterson revealing his works salvation mindset..

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Saw another from Jeff Jantzen from Feb. 12 where he says the election will be a "war of the billionaires", G-d's people, in this case perhaps the president He raised up, against the adversaries bloomberg, we have our prayer work cut out for us, in Jesus name.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Adstar- so it seems his walk to salvation is at the point where he hasn't heard and received the message of the gospel and relationship with the Father by way of Holy Spirit.
He seems to then have been exposed to "religion" only, and going to college didn't help that.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Weknow G-d travels in time and distance, that there are constructs He has made for we, His Creation, I am going to pray health over his body in Jesus name, and command this spirit of pharmacopoeia be cast off never to return in Jesus name.