Jordan Peterson suspended from Twitter

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Twitter is a horrible format anyway because can only type like two sentences at a time.
That makes it pretty much impossible to have any reasonable discourse with anyone.
People mostly just tweet stuff for shock value
Twitter Character Counter
CHARACTERS TYPED = 217 / 280
CHARACTERS REMAINING = 63

That was for your message ;)

Mar 4, 2020
I'm really not a huge Jordan Peterson fan because I feel like most of it what he says is just fluff, but I don't think what he said was suspension worthy.
Especially since isis still has their Twitter account.
So we clearly have a double standard here
I do think Peterson contradicts himself though
"I remember when pride was a sin"
But he admitted in his debates with Matt dillahunty and Sam Harris that he believes the Bible is just a collection of stories and metaphors
Well, don’t forget Twitter is a leftist platform. Jordan Peterson is guilty of thought crime. It isn’t really that he said anything necessarily suspension worthy.

The left has been cozying up to Islam for years even though Islam probably views more of their ideological perspectives as worthy of capital punishment than the right’s ideals.

None of this really has to make sense because most people don’t think too much about any of this. The primary objective of the left is to just oppose everything of the right; that’s all they really need people to see.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Elon Musk was going to buy it because if the platform reached as many people as they claimed they had it was worth a specific price and he could make it worth more....by leveling the playing field for free speech. Being an actual platform instead of an editorial board.

But then discovered that they were lying about membership. And that they knew that they were lying. They had way too many sock puppet accounts to be the asset they claimed. Where it's heralded as a communication tool....not that many people are actually listening.

Jordan Peterson isn't fluff. It's just that people don't like what he has to say...and that he is able to dismantle their push poll questions every time with logic and reason.
You aren't going to catch him or upset him. He is capable of great logic and dismantling EVERY SINGLE argument in favor of God and morality. Which the homosexual community hates.

So they want him silenced....too late. The poison of truth has infected the world and the emperor has no clothes.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Elon Musk was going to buy it because if the platform reached as many people as they claimed they had it was worth a specific price and he could make it worth more....by leveling the playing field for free speech. Being an actual platform instead of an editorial board.

But then discovered that they were lying about membership. And that they knew that they were lying. They had way too many sock puppet accounts to be the asset they claimed. Where it's heralded as a communication tool....not that many people are actually listening.
Well that is certainly the official line that the innocent and naive Mr. Musk is saying. Personally I think he knew the amount of bots was far higher than they were reporting and so he also knew the $54 offer would come down. He made that very high offer because the board of directors could not possibly get away with rejecting it.

Now it could be that Mr. Musk has altruistic goals with this platform, however, he is intricately connected with China and one wonders how his becoming a champion of free speech would go over with his overlords in China.

So I find that unlikely, not that Musk is not interested in free speech but that China would have their own goals which at the very least would wind up being mingled with Mr. Musk.

So then an alternate explanation of Mr. Musk's motives based on the evidence is that he sees the need to control a critical platform of free speech prior to the coming developments concerning transhumanism which will be extremely controversial with Evangelical Christians. Whether the goal is to destroy Twitter or simply become the new manager the result will be the same. He knew that through this process of buying the company he would be able to reveal information about the company that would destroy it. The liability they will incur will completely bankrupt the company (all of the advertisers will have the right to sue as will all of the investors). I don't think Musk needs anything from Twitter but might want to buy up all their equipment at fire sale prices.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Twitter is a horrible format anyway because can only type like two sentences at a time.
That makes it pretty much impossible to have any reasonable discourse with anyone. People mostly just tweet stuff for shock value
This is exactly right. I never like Twitter but I like Jordan Peterson.
As far as bias on Twitter goes that’s very obvious but I understand that every platform has their own rules and bias but Twitters bias is way more obvious.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
This is exactly right. I never like Twitter but I like Jordan Peterson.
As far as bias on Twitter goes that’s very obvious but I understand that every platform has their own rules and bias but Twitters bias is way more obvious.
I don't really dislike Jordan peterson. He's had some really good constructive debates with Sam Harris it's just getting him to say what he really believes theologically is like trying to nail Jello to the wall

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I don't really dislike Jordan peterson. He's had some really good constructive debates with Sam Harris it's just getting him to say what he really believes theologically is like trying to nail Jello to the wall
Gummy bears are made with gelatin, I suggest trying to nail gummy bears to the wall, that will be easier.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
That's because he is not a theologian.

He doesn't claim to be either.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
He is now with the Daily Wire. Everyone the left Cancels it seems the Daily Wire picks up.
Interesting. Ben Shapiro talks so fast that I can hardly follow him. I don't listen to these guys often, but they make a lot more sense than the woke progressives who want to feminise the world, who want to revise history and impose their world view on everyone, like it or not.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
But getting Jordan to say what he really believes theologically is like trying to nail Jello to a wall. And his debates with Sam Harris and Matt dillahunty he admitted that he thinks the Bible is just stories and metaphors
So if the Bible is your stories and metaphors there's no such thing as sin right?
I don't think you can draw that conclusion. Peterson has a lot to say about the evil nature of man. He's seen a lot because of his clinical psychology career.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
lol, and nobody's smart enough to put two and two together and figure out that as fast as they argued over getting to say what ever they wanted on social media is how they knew exactly who each and every person was in the crowd on January 6th and exactly which group they were in...

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Interesting. Ben Shapiro talks so fast that I can hardly follow him. I don't listen to these guys often, but they make a lot more sense than the woke progressives who want to feminise the world, who want to revise history and impose their world view on everyone, like it or not.
When you watch a video you can set the playback speed. If Shapiro speaks too fast you can slow down the playback.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Ben Shapiro always talks like he just snorted three lines of cocaine
He also has that annoying helium voice

Jun 28, 2022
Musk isn't buying Twitter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...nating-twitter-deal-board-to-fight/ar-AAZnrrS

Twitters people aren't having it. They're planning a suit to make Musk go through with the full deal.

He agreed at the start of this to pay 1 billion to Twitter if something like this happened.

A billion here, there. Must be nice to have an account balance where the "B" does doesn't only appear when spelling, bank.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Musk isn't buying Twitter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...nating-twitter-deal-board-to-fight/ar-AAZnrrS

Twitters people aren't having it. They're planning a suit to make Musk go through with the full deal.

He agreed at the start of this to pay 1 billion to Twitter if something like this happened.

A billion here, there. Must be nice to have an account balance where the "B" does doesn't only appear when spelling, bank.
Don't be ridiculous, Musk isn't paying these crooks 1 billion. The contract no doubt allowed him to inspect the company. They have refused to provide adequate proof that they only use 5% bots. They cannot win this suit without proving to the court that they kept up their end of the contract. Musk is saying they didn't and I think we all believe that the percent of bots is closer to 20-25%.

That will open Twitter up to lawsuits from advertisers, investors, and users. Twitter is about to go bankrupt. Also, once it is proven that they lied to the SEC about the number of bots they will face criminal charges.

Jun 28, 2022
Don't be ridiculous, Musk isn't paying these crooks 1 billion. The contract no doubt allowed him to inspect the company. They have refused to provide adequate proof that they only use 5% bots. They cannot win this suit without proving to the court that they kept up their end of the contract. Musk is saying they didn't and I think we all believe that the percent of bots is closer to 20-25%.

That will open Twitter up to lawsuits from advertisers, investors, and users. Twitter is about to go bankrupt. Also, once it is proven that they lied to the SEC about the number of bots they will face criminal charges.
There is a link to the article.

The $1 billion is per the contract and its break-up fee that Elon Musk agreed to.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
There is a link to the article.

The $1 billion is per the contract and its break-up fee that Elon Musk agreed to.
There were a lot of things agreed to on both sides including the fact that he used Twitter's SEC filing to base his bid on. The contract requires that Twitter provide proof that only 5% of the users are bots. If they don't keep their end of the bargain he is not obligated to keep his end of the bargain.

Jun 28, 2022
There were a lot of things agreed to on both sides including the fact that he used Twitter's SEC filing to base his bid on. The contract requires that Twitter provide proof that only 5% of the users are bots. If they don't keep their end of the bargain he is not obligated to keep his end of the bargain.
That'll be for the court.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Understand the predicament the board of Twitter is in. If they do not give full disclosure to Musk he can walk away. Every single stock holder will lose a lot and so they all can sue the board. They have a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders to fulfill their obligation to get that deal done.

On the other hand if it turns out that they lied to the SEC and you have 20-25% bots then Musk can also walk away from the deal or offer a significantly lower price. However, revealing this will open the board up to lawsuits from every stockholder who invested in the company as well as every advertiser who thought they were appealing to a certain number of users and even to the users themselves. Not only so but lying to the SEC is a crime.

So the board is stuck either way if they lied about the bots. If they choose to do nothing and open themselves up to be sued into bankruptcy all investors will assume the worst as well as advertisers. They will be sued into bankruptcy and even then it might come out that they are criminally liable and might see prison.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
That'll be for the court.
They are not going to go to court, that is a bluff. If Twitter sues Musk for breach of contract he will have the right to subpoena documents that will prove his claim that they lied about the bots.