Journal 1.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Agent186165
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Agent186165

Guest
Sunday, August 28, 2016. I went to two different churches yesterday. I was really late to the first service of the church I went to, which started at 9:15 am. After the first service, the youth of the church go and hang out at a loft on the second floor there. I was only in that room for maybe ten seconds. In the loft was a lot of talking going on, and a lot of young people. As soon I saw one girl there that I'm Facebook friends with I walked out. She's astonishingly beautiful, celestial, overwhelmingly wonderful, with hair and skin like brilliant bronze and eyes like radiant sapphire. The last time we spoke was on the morning of Sunday, December 20, 2015. Eight months, and eight days, since I last saw her in person. I didn't want her to see me the way with my hair the way it was. I wanted to make a marvelous first impression. I've had my hair in an afro for a long time. It's the longest it's been since I've started attending a Christian school on Friday, September 12, 2014, called Word of Life. At times I really want to let my curly hair keep growing so I can straighten it because I've never done that before and that's something I've always wanted to do, and at times I want it cut because I feel really unpleasant to look at around certain people, like her.

At the second church I went to the 12:30 pm service. Before going to the service I got a book called Karla Faye Tucker Set Free: Life & Faith on Death Row by Linda Strom for free on a table near the entrance. The book is meant to be given away for free. On one of the pages inside the book it says, "This book made available without charge by The 1687 Foundation, a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization dedicated to advancing spiritual and charitable purposes. Please note that these books may only be given away. They cannot be sold, cannot be used to raise money, and cannot be a 'free giveaway' for any commercial or personal gain purpose whatsoever."

On the back cover it says, "Karla Faye Tucker, the first woman executed in Texas in over one hundred years, became an evangelist for Christ during her fourteen-year imprisonment on Death Row. This is the story of Karla's spiritual journey, the women and men she reached, and the God who offers redemption and hope to the hardest of hearts." It's an incredible book. The woman on the front cover of the book is so beautiful, inspiring, and saintly. She was executed on Tuesday, February 3, 1998, at a prison in Huntsville, Texas. Twenty-three years after she left this earth she radiates heavenly happiness to everyone in this plane of existence. A shining example that shows you that you can transcend Satan, his angels, and sin, that you can transcend the evil in this realm through the power of Christ.

I watched Ben-Hur at Muvico Starlight 20 today. There was a Ben-Hur film that was directed by William Wyler was released in 1959. I never saw that film, and if I did I don't remember it. The Ben-Hur film I watched was released 57 years later in 2016. It was a marvelous movie. Much better than I expected it to be. The runtime is a marvelous 124 minutes, or 2 hours and 4 minutes. Throughout the historical drama film I kept thinking about how thankful I am to be in the twenty-first century. What the Jewish nobleman Judah Ben-Hur experienced aboard a Roman galley under the command of Quintus Arius was nightmarish. My goodness. All I could think of was how thankful I am to have everyone and everything that I have in my life right now, all the marvelous men and women, mostly women. I have more friends now than I've ever had before, most of them are Christian and most of them are women.