Just a few small suggestion to make the forums less congested and more user friendly

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 10, 2018
As I’ve said in one of my posts, many people come and go. Here are three suggestions I believe new users would appreciate.

1. I would make it to where you cannot use a picture as your signature. I would also either limit the amount of words that can be utilized as a signature or altogether take it out. They are taking up a lot of space. As you may already be aware, a signature is something you typically utilize for a professional email. If anything we should be using our first names (only) for our signature.

2. When someone wants to respond to someone else’s comment, I would do what Facebook does, I would have their username pop up, not their whole conversation because some comments are extremely long.

3. Everyone should have to display their age in their profile.

Those are my three basic suggestions and I know they would clean up the chat.

God bless

Jay

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
1. Fortunately, people can put whatever they want in their signature. You cannot, however, do more than 1000 characters.

2. You can delete their comments, when you respond to them.

3. Some people choose not to display their age, or full birthdate, for security reasons. Though it would be nice to know the age of the person we talk to..

Feb 10, 2018
blue_ladybug,

I’m very familiar with sites like this and how they function and how to make them a better experience for the users.

You just reminded me,
We should also use our first names in our profile.

Not allowing pictures to be posted in a signature is not taking away anyone’s freedom or rights. I’ve got Jesus and I’m content with Him. Christ is where I get my worth, security, image and attention from. I’m not going to have a mental break down if the admins decide that pictures are not necessary and/or make the signature your first name or at least limit the characters.

Jay

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Once again, alot of people are not comfortable with even using their real first names on sites like this. The characters ARE limited to 1,000. And I never said anything about taking away freedoms and rights. Nor did I say or imply that you would have a "mental breakdown" if the mods don't implement your suggestion. :confused:

And I don't know of anyone here who has a super long signature, either.

blue_ladybug,

I’m very familiar with sites like this and how they function and how to make them a better experience for the users.

You just reminded me,
We should also use our first names in our profile.

Not allowing pictures to be posted in a signature is not taking away anyone’s freedom or rights. I’ve got Jesus and I’m content with Him. Christ is where I get my worth, security, image and attention from. I’m not going to have a mental break down if the admins decide that pictures are not necessary and/or make the signature your first name or at least limit the characters.

Jay

K

kaylagrl

Once again, alot of people are not comfortable with even using their real first names on sites like this. The characters ARE limited to 1,000. And I never said anything about taking away freedoms and rights. Nor did I say or imply that you would have a "mental breakdown" if the mods don't implement your suggestion. :confused:

And I don't know of anyone here who has a super long signature, either.
I don't use either my real name nor age,though my age is close to my real age within several yrs.

S

Susanna

I don't use either my real name nor age,though my age is close to my real age within several yrs.
Me neither. My real age is 29...has been for years now...yup:p.

J

joefizz

As I’ve said in one of my posts, many people come and go. Here are three suggestions I believe new users would appreciate.

1. I would make it to where you cannot use a picture as your signature. I would also either limit the amount of words that can be utilized as a signature or altogether take it out. They are taking up a lot of space. As you may already be aware, a signature is something you typically utilize for a professional email. If anything we should be using our first names (only) for our signature.

2. When someone wants to respond to someone else’s comment, I would do what Facebook does, I would have their username pop up, not their whole conversation because some comments are extremely long.

Those are my three basic suggestions and I know they would clean up the chat.

God bless

Jay
Right,Facebook is one of the most "congested sites ever" it's not maintained "appropriately" nor "adequately" and ends up being like reading "walls of gibberish and nonsense" you can suggest this stuff but I'm content with mostly how things are here,because whether on Chat or forums you can "discuss with each other" instead of have a "continuous run on sentence".

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Kayla is not your 1st name? What harm in using your 1st name? Unless it's really weird, like Aldertha!

K

kaylagrl

Kayla is not your 1st name? What harm in using your 1st name? Unless it's really weird, like Aldertha!

I knew a lady once whose name was Alfreda.Actually,hubby is big on internet security and said I shouldn't use my name or picture.The dog is far cuter anyway. Much more photogenic.

S

Susanna

I'd change my nick to my given name instantly if it was possible.

S

Susanna

I knew a lady once whose name was Alfreda.Actually,hubby is big on internet security and said I shouldn't use my name or picture.The dog is far cuter anyway. Much more photogenic.
Cool name that.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Yeah, I hear ya, but I don't think telling us your name is "Jen", or "Kate" is giving away too much info, so that someone is gonna track you down.

Aside from that the Lord got your back.

S

Susanna

I'm Kelly. Now y'all track me down. Haha

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I'm Kelly. Now y'all track me down. Haha

Where'd ya get Susanna from? From Here!?

[video=youtube;i1o57Z6OvSw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1o57Z6OvSw[/video]

T

Tinuviel

In a way, I agree with #1. It IS pretty annoying to try to scroll through long signatures, and some new users get confused with them sometimes. But really, it's personal choice.

#2, not so much. IDK how long you've been here but when you start having long, really fast-moving threads it is VERY helpful to have the reply with quote option. Simply because I might have already made 6 posts on the thread and when someone responds "LOL not on your life Tinuviel!" I have no idea if they're talking about my ideas on marriage, Revelation, or if they like ranch dressing. (And believe me, some of the threads can get that complicated lol). However, sometimes some of the quotes can do with a little paring down :)

I almost agree with #3 too. But again, not quite. Why? Because at 18 no one quite takes me as seriously as I am speaking. When I took my age down for a bit, it was a lot better. But then, not knowing someone's age has never bothered me.

U

Ugly

Seems all this guy has done since joining the site is complain about it. Why he's even here if he hates it so much is beyond me. Some people just like to complain I guess. Talk about the forums getting congested...

A

Ariel82

1. signatures allow people to express their individuality and i like the pictures

2. the quote option as someone else pointed out is useful to know what the person is responding to...just saying their name is confusing

3. who cares about the age? if you talk to someone you can ask and they may or may not answer.

4. why do you need to know people's real name if they don't want to give it. My husband is big on internet security too and prefers if I don't post that kind of information.

A

Ariel82

Seems all this guy has done since joining the site is complain about it. Why he's even here if he hates it so much is beyond me. Some people just like to complain I guess. Talk about the forums getting congested...
often folks like that are trying to start up their own websites/chatrooms and find that stirring up discontent is the best way to siphon members?