Just as you are

  • Thread starter Thread starter destinie
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

destinie

Guest
The only way I know of finding something is by looking for it, driven by either a need of it or a loss of it. For me: it was a loss of it. Being lost is one of the most confusing states I have faced and the one I am grateful for. Had I not been lost, I would have never discovered how much a treasure life could be and how precious each struggle holds for me.
Growing up with rejection and all kinds of other hurtful afflictions we end up rejecting ourselves without thinking. Then we try to fit in and change, valuing other people more and caging who we are. Until we are completely suppressed, lost, gone with no form of identity. Looking back now this is the best thing that could ever have happened to me ever!
When God says I will take you as you are. I find meaning in this that I wouldn’t have otherwise.
 
You are right! the only way to appreciate salvation is when you know you have ever been lost before and you can't appreciate this if you'ven't been lost or do not have a memory according to which God saved you from a sinful life and brought you back to the true life that is in Christ.People who are saved now are those WHO have ever been lost before.