Just for fun

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
So if you could have a superpower what would it be? There is a catch though, you can only use it while you're at work.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
The ability to summarize a document without reading it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So if you could have a superpower what would it be? There is a catch though, you can only use it while you're at work.
You can only use it at w*rk? I know a LOT of people who would choose invisibility. :p

The most universally useful one would probably be super speed.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
work as fast as the speed of light travels!

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
I'd clone myself. Make clone me work while I rome around in the woods lol

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
I had a dream 3 nights in a row... a continuation one, not the same one... I don't remember it but that I could fly.
The first night was when I got the power to fly while I was working at a factory, and figured how to use it.
The second night was just going all over the place flying, and helping folk.
The third night I was flying, but being chased by crooked cops. Someone shot me and I lost my power to fly. That's all I recall. OI VEY! lol

No, I didn't wear a super suit... just jeans and a T shirt.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ugh, those kryptonite beams! Gotta watch out for them. All the cops have them these days.

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
Ugh, those kryptonite beams! Gotta watch out for them. All the cops have them these days.
What's so funny about this is that my hubby has always wanted to be superman... he lives eats and breaths superman! He even has the ring AND the uniform!!! he never had so much as a dream of being him. and here I had 3 whole nights of flying! he says "some things just ain't fair". lol

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Is the power to make people read and comprehend what I write a real power ? That would be useful at work, as would a way to transfer all my knowledge to other people. Ohhh how about the power to turn my co-workers into little me clones while at work? That would probably backfire but it sure would be an interesting experiment.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
My super power would be to get paid a million dollars an hour for just being me 🤓

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What's so funny about this is that my hubby has always wanted to be superman... he lives eats and breaths superman! He even has the ring AND the uniform!!! he never had so much as a dream of being him. and here I had 3 whole nights of flying! he says "some things just ain't fair". lol
Ring? Superman has a ring?

I watched all 10 seasons of Smallville and even suffered through every season of Lois and Clark (boy did that ever get sappy near the end!) but I never saw anything about a ring. When did he get a ring?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Invulnerability, of course. Someone needs to move the angry bull into the next paddock? I'll take it by the horns.

There's a raging inferno in the workshop, but the fire extinguisher is on the other side of the flames - no sweat, I'll just walk through the danger zone and grab it.

Personnel are trapped in a mobile work platform above a bubbling cauldron of hot, concentrated acid, and the fumes of the acid are weakening the steel connections? No skin of my nose - I'll shinny up and across the support, and get them moved to safety.

Probably part of the deal would have to be the drive to and from work is done on work time and eliminate the hazard of bad drivers.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
boy did that ever get sappy near the end!)
This is why I'd always preferred the Adam West Batman, not even the Julie Newmar Catwoman could sway him away from his mission.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I had a dream 3 nights in a row... a continuation one, not the same one... I don't remember it but that I could fly.
The first night was when I got the power to fly while I was working at a factory, and figured how to use it.
The second night was just going all over the place flying, and helping folk.
The third night I was flying, but being chased by crooked cops. Someone shot me and I lost my power to fly. That's all I recall. OI VEY! lol

No, I didn't wear a super suit... just jeans and a T shirt.
I had a similar dream that turned out to be a projection of the path I would travel throughout my life. And when I was curious as to what the new name given to me might be, and inquired God of it, He didn't skip a beat answering, "Wendy.... remember? your dream?"

The think is, the dream ended with a big black helicopter hovering over me... I think that is the only thing left to happen... er... on second thought, that might've already happened too... :unsure:

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
Ring? Superman has a ring?

I watched all 10 seasons of Smallville and even suffered through every season of Lois and Clark (boy did that ever get sappy near the end!) but I never saw anything about a ring. When did he get a ring?
:unsure:... ;):D:p:LOL::ROFL:(y);) It's not real, Dear. The one on TV, etc doesn't work... Hubby found this ring at a store decades ago. And then I made him one (quiLLed) out of paper (looks real though) and he pretends they help him. lol... taking big heavy bags of trash out, etc.... he's hilarious at that. By the way... we have ALL the old TV series'. AND THOSE come on cable every Sunday morning. lol

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
It was a rather lengthy dream, and there is much more detail that I will leave out for the sake of brevity but, the scene being the place I had worked, left, another place I worked (I had the dream during the time I worked there and I got the message I was going to leave and end up back at the other which did happen) and going to school (which happened) and while I was flying I landed beside a toddler in pajamas (that looked like Wendy's youngest brother Michael). I told him, you can fly too! and we took off flying and he grew into a young 8-year-old black child while in flight (yes, curiouser and curiouser, right? and after that I went into a classroom where a black professor ...showed off my 'strange' (let's just say I think it symbolic of something cathartic) So, when I asked about my new name... and, interestingly, 'wendy' means 'white, pure.' I told a part of this dream in another thread, after solemateleft?... if I remember correctly...commented on the New Year's Eve date being 123123, and I noted this is considered "waltz day," which event isn't going to occur again for some time much later, a hundred years I guess, in the year 2123.