Just got dumped

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I will be going to a funeral on Friday (not yours) so I am kind of in mourning. It was a lady from my garden club. She had cancer and I'm a bit sad. She was so kind and thoughtful and always had a laugh and smile for me.

Lovely garden too, she had a husband and grand children etc. She confessed to me it wasn't always easy being married but you know some don't have a choice. They got to stick with their husbands even if they sometimes can't live with them lol. She laughed about that one. She always saw the funny side of life. I will miss her.
Yep, that is life.
It is our choice to enjoy what God gives us, or not.
 
Her funeral will be at her church it's a bit far away but am going with some other garden club ladies. This group is getting on a bit cos its over 60 years old and I'm one of the younger members. Every couple of months someone dies. (old age)

Thats just life.
 
Well...I dunno there's billions of people on earth and half of them are men and maybe a very small percent could be husband material. but you know what, if your ex dumped you he must have something else going on or maybe he just couldn't afford you. (Maybe he didn't tell you this cos he was ashamed?)

You'll find someone better.
I really might not though. It completely possible for me to be 30-60+ unmarried needing to take care of myself, living for a tomorrow love or hope that will never come.
 
I once went out with a guy I didn't know was a thief until he stole money from me and he had a criminal record! I did call the police when I found out her stole from me and had to give a victims statement. If someones abusing you, go to the police

One of my cousins has a dad who threatened to kill her and her mum, she got a restraining order, and called the police when he got abusive and violent, so now they are finally getting a divorce. Sometimes divorce is a mercy. I had no idea until she told me all this that their marriage was so bad. :-(
 
I really might not though. It completely possible for me to be 30-60+ unmarried needing to take care of myself, living for a tomorrow love or hope that will never come.
I'm 48 and still single.

Why are you hoping for a tomorrow love? What if it never comes? Will your life be a failure without it?
 
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REPLY

OK I feel like everyone only understand some things at a time

Summary of all my feelings

I hate life. It is not fun for me.
If I get a husband that could support me and let me stay at home, my life would be saved and I will be happy.
My husband would not be my only reason to live, but give me time for my other reasons to live, Friends and hobbies and a passion project. I know some people manage to work and have time for that, but not the people I see.
But I don't need to be happy to keep living

I want God to tell or show me that my life, no matter how good or bad, is doing good for the Kingdom.
But I feel like he doesn't want to do that, even though he could without any effort.

If I have to be working for the rest of my life, or the majority of my life, it's not worth it to me unless it is for the good of the kingdom.

If that makes me ungreatful or a bad person, then I am a bad person, and I should die anyway.

That's all.
 
Yes very much so
That is very sad.

There is soooooo much more to life than finding "true love." Just all kinds of things you are missing while you wait for and chase something you may never get.

And if you do find a guy, that's a heavy load to put on him. You will be making him responsible for not only your happiness but your very reason to live. No man can take that kind of expectation. Either he'll leave or you'll crush him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Churchgoer
I remember going to their wedding, I was a flower girl. It was a white wedding too and they went all out. But my uncle was always kind of the creepy one.

My aunt was my mum's sister, so her husband or ex is only related to me by marriage, being my mum's brother-in-law. Or ex one now.
They had three children, and had a house, garden, their own business etc. But they were hard-working.

I think only like middle-class people can expect a kind of not-working stay-at-home wife lifestyle. But a lot of those trophy wives, they aren't happy because rich husbands like that often have affairs cos they can afford to keep another woman (mostly secret until wife finds out)

Yeah it happens a lot more than you think -- actually it's quite typical. Even in 'Christian' marriages. Or they go to church but one pretends to be a christian. I also know Christian wives who married Atheists. Actually athiests are richer because their god is Mammon lol. Even though they claim they don't believe in God when really it's just they hate Jesus.

Thats ok, lots of people hated Jesus, it wasn't a new thing for him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Churchgoer
That is very sad.

There is soooooo much more to life than finding "true love." Just all kinds of things you are missing while you wait for and chase something you may never get.

And if you do find a guy, that's a heavy load to put on him. You will be making him responsible for not only your happiness but your very reason to live. No man can take that kind of expectation. Either he'll leave or you'll crush him.
My husband would not be my only reason to live, but give me time for my other reasons to live, Friends and hobbies and a passion project




Summary of all my feelings

I hate life. It is not fun for me.
If I get a husband that could support me and let me stay at home, my life would be saved and I will be happy.
But I don't need to be happy to keep living

I want God to tell or show me that my life, no matter how good or bad, is doing good for the Kingdom.
But I feel like he doesn't want to do that, even though he could without any effort.

If I have to be working for the rest of my life, or the majority of my life, it's not worth it to me unless it is for the good of the kingdom.

If that makes me ungreatful or a bad person, then I am a bad person, and I should die anyway.

That's all.
 
Lynx, should I just leave off and let you handle this

I've probably said enough. I just need to find some mourning clothes today for funeral tomorrow.
 
I remember going to their wedding, I was a flower girl. It was a white wedding too and they went all out. But my uncle was always kind of the creepy one.

My aunt was my mum's sister, so her husband or ex is only related to me by marriage, being my mum's brother-in-law. Or ex one now.
They had three children, and had a house, garden, their own business etc. But they were hard-working.

I think only like middle-class people can expect a kind of not-working stay-at-home wife lifestyle. But a lot of those trophy wives, they aren't happy because rich husbands like that often have affairs cos they can afford to keep another woman (mostly secret until wife finds out)

Yeah it happens a lot more than you think -- actually it's quite typical. Even in 'Christian' marriages. Or they go to church but one pretends to be a christian. I also know Christian wives who married Atheists. Actually athiests are richer because their god is Mammon lol. Even though they claim they don't believe in God when really it's just they hate Jesus.

Thats ok, lots of people hated Jesus, it wasn't a new thing for him.
I am fine with middle class,

also

Summary of all my feelings

I hate life. It is not fun for me.
If I get a husband that could support me and let me stay at home, my life would be saved and I will be happy.
But I don't need to be happy to keep living

I want God to tell or show me that my life, no matter how good or bad, is doing good for the Kingdom.
But I feel like he doesn't want to do that, even though he could without any effort.

If I have to be working for the rest of my life, or the majority of my life, it's not worth it to me unless it is for the good of the kingdom.

If that makes me ungreatful or a bad person, then I am a bad person, and I should die anyway.

That's all.
 
I remember one friend was suicidal, like all the time, and she had a boyfriend as well, and it was only because she expected him to hand her life on a silver platter.

I couldn't help her when she called the police on him to have him arrested but she LIED to the police about him being abusive.
 
She wouldn't leave him even when she said she hated him because she had the house you see and didn't want to find a job to help pay for said house.
 
I don't want to be a wage slave. I don't think that is life. IDK. I have made my decision. I was not made for life, or to be a decent wife, nothing is going to change that.
 
She was from Iran but said she didn't believe in Islam that is the main religion of the country she came from.
She was kind of curious about Christianity though and liked the New Testament I got for her that was in Farsi. She wouldn't come to church though even though I invited her a few times, I mean no pressure but just to experience what its' like.