Just say NO to easter!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 29, 2023
Somebody said to have a happy "easter"

I told them thanks, but I don't celebrate pagan celebrations of pagan gods and goddesses
If I see a rabbit laying colored eggs, I'm going to shoot it! :cool:

I do celebrate Passover or Resurrection Day which is what Christians do! thumbsup2.gif

Pic1__JPEG.jpg

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Well....we have somewhere between 30-40 people coming over tomorrow for ham, turkey and a bunch of trimmings....then there's the Easter egg hunts AND a scavenger hunt for the older kids.

If every day is special then no day is special. And if no day is special then no one sees what we believe, children form no happy memories...and resent holidays that other kids get stuff and they don't.

Even the Coptic Christians have a feast including at least two meats on Sunday.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
I do not care about Christmas, and Easter, according to how the world celebrates it, which is fantasy land for they are not real characters.

Some people who claim to be Christians celebrate them, and some with all the trimmings.

Christmas for the pagans to celebrate the sun god, and for Easter to celebrate the fertility god.

America likes to cater to all people, Christian, and pagan alike.

Also there is more money to made by promoting Santa, and the Easter bunny, for people spend money to cover Santa's presents, and to cover the Easter bunny's presents, and also all the decorations they buy.

We are an occult nation that allows all religions to be practiced there even Satanism, and the new age movement who follows Lucifer that will cause the world to rebel against God believing they will evolve to be spiritual, and a god, and there is no personal God.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I do not care about Christmas, and Easter, according to how the world celebrates it, which is fantasy land for they are not real characters.

Some people who claim to be Christians celebrate them, and some with all the trimmings.

Christmas for the pagans to celebrate the sun god, and for Easter to celebrate the fertility god.

Also there is more money to made by promoting Santa, and the Easter bunny, for people spend money to cover Santa's presents, and to cover the Easter bunny's presents, and also all the decorations they buy.

We are an occult nation that allows all religions to be practiced there even Satanism, and the new age movement who follows Lucifer that will cause the world to rebel against God believing they will evolve to be spiritual, and a god, and there is no personal God.
last part of the last sentence, so nice to see someone who knows this.

sadly, not enough Christians know this. or believe it. or care about it.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023

I told them thanks, but I don't celebrate pagan celebrations of pagan gods and goddesses

I do celebrate Passover or Resurrection Day which is what Christians do! View attachment 262034

View attachment 262035
Is it it linked to paganism, I never knew.

I thought Easter eggs and rabbits represented a new birth. from a Christian perspective the eggs represent Jesus's resurrection and his emergence from the tomb 😊

Why is it linked to paganism tho too.

But besides this what if the bunny you shoot is on its way to deliver an a new birth to someone 😂

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
HEY! THEM DURN PAGANS HAVE HAD THOSE HOLIDAYS LONG ENOUGH! We are taking them and making them a celebration of Jesus our Lord and Savior, You wet blanket legalists just get over it, OR, get with it.

The early Church realized that the new believers among the gentiles had been living among the pagan practices for a long time, and the leaders of the early Church realized they had to break the new believers habit of celebrating such holidays. What better way to do that than to make those dates a celebration of Jesus?

Now, concerning the trappings/trimmings, yeah, I do not love them either, but for those that do and do not consider it a sin, then, for them it is not a sin, so... get over it.

IF FOR YOU it is a sin and a celebration of pagan beliefs, then FOR YOU it is a SIN!

I love Resurrection Sunday and Christmas too! Wonderful days to celebrate the birth and resurrection of Jesus the Christ my Lord and Savior. Y'all do as you wish, but don't try and rain on my celebration.

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
literally every holiday someone says the same thing "it's pagan." christmas, halloween, easter, april fools day, talk like a pirate day, soylent green day. It never ends.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Your daily life involves your using pagan rooted things. Funny how holidays are the only one people care about. And when challenged with this, it gets ignored. Nothing but virtue signaling.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I told them thanks, but I don't celebrate pagan celebrations of pagan gods and goddesses...
Easter has been a Christian holiday for a very long time, possibly since the 2nd century AD), while no one is actually remembers those pagan gods and goddesses (who have been long gone).

"There is now widespread consensus that the word derives from the Christian designation of Easter week as in albis, a Latin phrase that was understood as the plural of alba (“dawn”) and became eostarum in Old High German, the precursor of the modern German and English term. The Latin and Greek Pascha (“Passover”) provides the root for Pâques, the French word for Easter." -- Britannica

Easter is generally celebrated on the first Sunday following Passover(but the Orthodox churches follow a different calendar.

The important thing is the remembrance of the resurrection of Christ and what it means. Without the resurrection, there could be no Gospel, no salvation, and no living Savior. And there could also be no hope of resurrection for the saints. Christ said "I AM the Resurrection and the Life..."

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
My children are grown up now but I thoroughly enjoyed taking them to Easter egg hunts and preparing baskets full of eggs and candy that they would discover when they woke up. When I was a child I thoroughly enjoyed investigating my basket of goodies on Easter morning, before we went to church. I'm a Believer today. My children are Believers.

Now that there are no children in my home there won't be any baskets full of goodies. I'll go to church like I always do. It's good to celebrate. It's good to be joyful. As a parent I believe it was good to have these special days and celebrations in the lives of my children, and I'll admit I felt sorry for the kids whose parents were against all these special days for whatever reason they chose.

John146

Jan 13, 2016

I do celebrate Passover or Resurrection Day which is what Christians do! View attachment 262034

View attachment 262035
Are you a Jew? Why would you celebrate Passover? Why not celebrate Easter which is Christ, the Passover Lamb, the fulfillment of the OT Passover?

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
My children are grown up now but I thoroughly enjoyed taking them to Easter egg hunts and preparing baskets full of eggs and candy that they would discover when they woke up. When I was a child I thoroughly enjoyed investigating my basket of goodies on Easter morning, before we went to church. I'm a Believer today. My children are Believers.

Now that there are no children in my home there won't be any baskets full of goodies. I'll go to church like I always do. It's good to celebrate. It's good to be joyful. As a parent I believe it was good to have these special days and celebrations in the lives of my children, and I'll admit I felt sorry for the kids whose parents were against all these special days for whatever reason they chose.
Hey....I like those Robin's eggs....
I'm on my third bag of them now. My Dad ate the second bag when he was staying here for a few weeks.

We believe that Christ has conquered Christmas AND Easter. There's not a soul in America or Europe that doesn't know the Christian Roots of Christmas and Easter. Where Christians and Unbelievers alike ain't got a clue what Ramadan is about. Don't know and don't really care either. Muslims are great about spreading messages of terrorism but little else. But even Muslims know what we believe about Christmas and Easter....so there's that.
And considering every 5 year old knows that rabbits don't lay eggs....Houston, you got a problem.

And I really don't understand how Ecuador got eating a barbecued ground hog for Easter is appropriate....but it's their deal not mine....but they do it to celebrate the risen Messiah too.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
HEY! THEM DURN PAGANS HAVE HAD THOSE HOLIDAYS LONG ENOUGH! We are taking them and making them a celebration of Jesus our Lord and Savior, You wet blanket legalists just get over it, OR, get with it.

The early Church realized that the new believers among the gentiles had been living among the pagan practices for a long time, and the leaders of the early Church realized they had to break the new believers habit of celebrating such holidays. What better way to do that than to make those dates a celebration of Jesus?

Now, concerning the trappings/trimmings, yeah, I do not love them either, but for those that do and do not consider it a sin, then, for them it is not a sin, so... get over it.

IF FOR YOU it is a sin and a celebration of pagan beliefs, then FOR YOU it is a SIN!

I love Resurrection Sunday and Christmas too! Wonderful days to celebrate the birth and resurrection of Jesus the Christ my Lord and Savior. Y'all do as you wish, but don't try and rain on my celebration.
for all those who cry and moan about pagan holidays, maybe they should remember that every time they celebrate, write down, type, or say their birthday, they are referencing a day in a month both named after roman gods, in a year of a calendar that was made by a pope...

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I don't really have any use for Christ-mass or Easter myself. But I wouldn't say anyone who participates in these is going to Hell. If someone wants to know my opinion about it, I'd tell them to pray and seek the Lord's guidance; as with anything.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
I'm still waiting for the verses where God (or Jesus for that matter) says to take pagan worship days and try to redeem them for Him, knowing full well they're not even the correct dates of the events which we're celebrating.

Dec 29, 2023
then there's the Easter egg hunts AND a scavenger hunt for the older kids.

Many children are taught by their parents about santa claus, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, and Jesus.

When they grow up they figure out their parents misled them concerning the first 3 so the devil helps them to believe they were also being mislead about Jesus

It's too bad that some parents teach things that are untrue to their children. Christians parents would never lie to their children about santa claus, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny

Which of course is what lead to the fall of morality in this nation.

The Lord doesn't see dabbling in darkness to be OK, so real Christians don't either.

The Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ never leads anybody to accept darkness.

Easter has been a Christian holiday for a very long time

Actually easter was never a Christian holiday since Christians don't celebrate with pagans.

Pagan originas of easter

the Easter story comes from the Sumerian legend of Damuzi (Tammuz) and his wife Inanna (Ishtar), an epic myth called “The Descent of Inanna” found inscribed on cuneiform clay tablets dating back to 2100 BC. When Tammuz dies, Ishtar is grief–stricken and follows him to the underworld. In the underworld, she enters through seven gates, and her worldly attire is removed. "Naked and bowed low" she is judged, killed, and then hung on display. In her absence, the earth loses its fertility, crops cease to grow and animals stop reproducing. Unless something is done, all life on earth will end.

After Inanna has been missing for three days her assistant goes to other gods for help. Finally one of them Enki, creates two creatures who carry the plant of life and water of life down to the Underworld, sprinkling them on Inanna and Damuzi, resurrecting them, and giving them the power to return to the earth as the light of the sun for six months. After the six months are up, Tammuz returns to the underworld of the dead, remaining there for another six months, and Ishtar pursues him, prompting the water god to rescue them both. Thus were the cycles of winter death and spring life.

The Sumerian goddess Inanna is known outside of Mesopotamia by her Babylonian name, "Ishtar". In ancient Canaan Ishtar is known as Astarte, and her counterparts in the Greek and Roman pantheons are known as Aphrodite and Venus.

the story of Inanna and Damuzi is just one of a number of accounts of dying and rising gods that represent the cycle of the seasons and the stars. For example, the resurrection of Egyptian Horus; the story of Mithras, who was worshipped at Springtime; and the tale of Dionysus, resurrected by his grandmother. Among these stories are prevailing themes of fertility, conception, renewal, descent into darkness, and the triumph of light over darkness or good over evil.

Easter as a Celebration of the Goddess of Spring

A related perspective is that, rather than being a representation of the story of Ishtar, Easter was originally a celebration of Eostre, goddess of Spring, otherwise known as Ostara, Austra, and Eastre. One of the most revered aspects of Ostara for both ancient and modern observers is a spirit of renewal.

Celebrated at Spring Equinox on March 21, Ostara marks the day when light is equal to darkness, and will continue to grow. As the bringer of light after a long dark winter, the goddess was often depicted with the hare, an animal that represents the arrival of spring as well as the fertility of the season.

Are you a Jew? Why would you celebrate Passover? Why not celebrate Easter which is Christ, the Passover Lamb, the fulfillment of the OT Passover?

Did you not know that Jesus IS our Passover in the New Testament?

The passover for the Jews in the OT was a type and shadow of the real thing that was to come which is Jesus Christ going to the Cross and His Blood being shed for the remission of our sins

I'm still waiting for the verses where God (or Jesus for that matter) says to take pagan worship days and try to redeem them for Him, knowing full well they're not even the correct dates of the events which we're celebrating.

Me too!

2 Corinthians 6:17
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Then there is this:
Col. 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Did you not know that Jesus IS our Passover in the New Testament?

The passover for the Jews in the OT was a type and shadow of the real thing that was to come which is Jesus Christ going to the Cross and His Blood being shed for the remission of our sins
Just repeated what I was pointing to for you.

Easter = Christ our Passover Lamb

Ishtar does not equal Easter, nice website definition but not the truth. Stick with the Bible and not websites for your theology.

Dec 29, 2023
Then there is this:
Col. 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Which is definitely not talking about Christians partaking in pagan rituals.

What's funny (in a sad way) there are people now claiming to be "christian witches"

They claim they only use witchcraft for good and not evil :rolleyes:

Easter = Christ our Passover Lamb

Ishtar does not equal Easter, nice website definition but not the truth. Stick with the Bible and not websites for your theology.

God calls it Passover and the Lord has nothing to do with easter.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Which is definitely not talking about Christians partaking in pagan rituals.

What's funny (in a sad way) there are people now claiming to be "christian witches"

They claim they only use witchcraft for good and not evil :rolleyes:

So, you think it would be magnanimous of you if you were to tell a small child, that hides a few eggs after going to church where he worships the life-giving sacrifice of Jesus, they are a pagan puppet and their parents don't really know what they are doing?

God calls it Passover and the Lord has nothing to do with easter.