Just say NO to easter!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 29, 2023
So, you think it would be magnanimous of you if you were to tell a small child, that hides a few eggs after going to church where he worships the life-giving sacrifice of Jesus, they are a pagan puppet and their parents don't really know what they are doing?

I'd like to see from God's Word where we are instructed to teach out children to partake in pagan rituals which open the door to devils to come in to people's lives because they are in agreement with the leading of devils doing this whether they know this or not.

It's similar to those doing yoga, where each pose represent one of the many gods in India that are actually demons - this opens the door to demons which is why the devil fights so hard to get "christians" to engage in yoga or to otherwise tell everyone it's harmless.

Agreement with demons brings demons in to one's life.
Agreement with the Lord Jesus brings Him in to your life.

So where in God's Word where we are instructed to teach out children to partake in pagan rituals as part of celebrating the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Dec 29, 2023
The Holy Bible calls it Easter. You need a KJV.

I've never used anything but the KJV and the word being translated was Passover and they decided to cal it easter which was in error.

The KJV is not perfect ya know. It's a translation done by men with reformed theology so it has a few sketchy things in in.

Good thing we can dig in to the original texts and learn more which is how we know translating Passover to be easter is in error. They should have left it as Passover.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Somebody said to have a happy "easter"

I told them thanks, but I don't celebrate pagan celebrations of pagan gods and goddesses
If I see a rabbit laying colored eggs, I'm going to shoot it! :cool:

I do celebrate Passover or Resurrection Day which is what Christians do! View attachment 262034

View attachment 262035
Now you tell me, I have eaten my easter eggs and I feel sick.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I've never used anything but the KJV and the word being translated was Passover and they decided to cal it easter which was in error.

The KJV is not perfect ya know. It's a translation done by men with reformed theology so it has a few sketchy things in in.

Good thing we can dig in to the original texts and learn more which is how we know translating Passover to be easter is in error. They should have left it as Passover.
The KJV translators did not have some kind of brain lapse when translating the word. The knew very well that it was Passover. The Holy Spirit led them to translate it Easter, creating a NT word for the fulfillment of the Passover representing Christ our Passover Lamb. Good thing I've got God's holy, pure preserved words because it's impossible to have the originals.;)

Dec 29, 2023
The KJV translators did not have some kind of brain lapse when translating the word. The knew very well that it was Passover. The Holy Spirit led them to translate it Easter

That's funny! The Lord wanted them to rename Passover in honor of a pagan goddess?

No, that was the devil leading them to try and deceive people in to thinking Christians should be associated with pagan rituals not the Holy Spirit.

On the other hand, I don't worship the king james bible as an idol like some do.

Some think if you point out errors in the king jimmy its blasphemy which is quite amusing.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
I'd like to see from God's Word where we are instructed to teach out children to partake in pagan rituals which open the door to devils to come in to people's lives because they are in agreement with the leading of devils doing this whether they know this or not.

It's similar to those doing yoga, where each pose represent one of the many gods in India that are actually demons - this opens the door to demons which is why the devil fights so hard to get "christians" to engage in yoga or to otherwise tell everyone it's harmless.

Agreement with demons brings demons in to one's life.
Agreement with the Lord Jesus brings Him in to your life.

So where in God's Word where we are instructed to teach out children to partake in pagan rituals as part of celebrating the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ?
I thought that one’s motives determined the acceptance of a particular behavior. Kinda like Paul saying that we know there is no God but God the Father, so meat the pagans sell in the market sacrificed to their pretend gods is ok to eat, if one’s conscience doesn’t bother them.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
No, that was the devil leading them to try and deceive people in to thinking Christians should be associated with pagan rituals not the Holy Spirit.
The devil is leading people to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Dec 29, 2023
I thought that one’s motives determined the acceptance of a particular behavior. Kinda like Paul saying that we know there is no God but God the Father, so meat the pagans sell in the market sacrificed to their pretend gods is ok to eat, if one’s conscience doesn’t bother them.

Oh, then this must make some believe they can follow doctrines of demons (instead of God's Word) and it's all good and they are still in right standing with the Lord as they are led by the flesh and not be the Holy Spirit.

Easter and Ishtar are different. Things that are different are not the same.

No, easter came from pagan beliefs and not from the Lord.

The devil is leading people to celebrate the resurrection of Christ.

No, the devil is leading people to believe it's OK to practice paganism.

We're in the end times so deception is afoot and sadly many Christians are getting deceived.

1 Timothy 4:1,2
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron

("depart from the faith" is not referring to sinners in the world who never came to faith in the first place)

Dec 29, 2023
Celebrating the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ is paganism to you

Thoughts like that come from demons.

The Lord never calls is easter, He calls it Passover because that's what the resurrection is.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
oh Man!
Now I gotta stop at the Wal-Mart on my way home.
They were put when I went by mine....had to grab some from Family Dollar to keep me supplied.

BTW....the kids and adults all had a great time today. The adults ate till they were stuffed....watched the kids in their endeavors....then ate Strawberry Shortcake made from old-fashioned pound cake and fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

They loved the breads I made (sourdough and brioche) and the shortcakes. (Cinnamon honey butter too) Everyone took a bit of extra bread and pound cake home. (Nowhere to buy them around here)

The teenagers absolutely loved the scavenger hunt. The clues were riddles they had to solve. Somewhat "Dad jokes" in nature. The girls showed up first but they had dropped an envelope along the way (had to show up with everything first to win) but the boys had every clue, envelope, and item when they showed up. The girls lost when they had to run and search for the envelope...

Then the younger children ran around searching for their eggs....one little boy found the giant golden egg....it was a fun free for all for everyone.
Fun stuff...and EVERYONE KNOWS what Easter is really about and why we celebrate.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
They were put when I went by mine....had to grab some from Family Dollar to keep me supplied.

BTW....the kids and adults all had a great time today. The adults ate till they were stuffed....watched the kids in their endeavors....then ate Strawberry Shortcake made from old-fashioned pound cake and fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

They loved the breads I made (sourdough and brioche) and the shortcakes. (Cinnamon honey butter too) Everyone took a bit of extra bread and pound cake home. (Nowhere to buy them around here)

The teenagers absolutely loved the scavenger hunt. The clues were riddles they had to solve. Somewhat "Dad jokes" in nature. The girls showed up first but they had dropped an envelope along the way (had to show up with everything first to win) but the boys had every clue, envelope, and item when they showed up. The girls lost when they had to run and search for the envelope...

Then the younger children ran around searching for their eggs....one little boy found the giant golden egg....it was a fun free for all for everyone.
Fun stuff...and EVERYONE KNOWS what Easter is really about and why we celebrate.
Meijer's has them lol and I got me a few bags :cool:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It's too bad that some parents teach things that are untrue to their children. Christians parents would never lie to their children about santa claus, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny
Right. And Christian parents hopefully do not -- and should not - talk about the silly Easter bunny. But they do talk about -- and should very definitely talk about -- how the Lord Jesus Christ was crucified, died, was entombed, and rose again -- probably the most important event in the history of mankind. Not even the apostles and disciples anticipated this (even though they were told many times). Following the resurrection, Christ said that all power and authority in Heaven and on earth had now been given to Him by God the Father.

I am not sure this generally becomes a of the Easter message, but it is an integral part of the resurrection. Therefore Peter said that God had made this same Jesus both Lord (as noted through "all power" and Christ (the Savior of the world).

Now: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. (Rom 10:9-11)

While the NT generally says that God had raised Him from the dead, we should bear in mind that all three -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit -- were involved with the resurrection of Christ.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Easter that is a tricky one on one hand it is not celebrated for it's original intent for may it is really about the kids searching for easter eggs getting a chocolate bunny and the usual things with the holiday but also it was originally coincided with the Goddess of sex and reproduction it is actually quite disgusting if you search the actuall event that happened.

But then you have wonder what is the line between celebrating it with the egg hunt the chocolate bunnies and it bringing people to eat together and it being evil with the original inent? are we giving in to sin or are we being to strict?

Foes the origin of it coincide with how it is today or are we going overboard? personally with how it is really for the egg hunt these days for the kids I think that we can take it that way true it is not for Christ but these are children who just have fun with their families

So yes the true origion the spiritual disgusting sexual part is there but is that what it is about today?

Dec 18, 2023
Easter that is a tricky one on one hand it is not celebrated for it's original intent for may it is really about the kids searching for easter eggs getting a chocolate bunny and the usual things with the holiday but also it was originally coincided with the Goddess of sex and reproduction it is actually quite disgusting if you search the actuall event that happened.

But then you have wonder what is the line between celebrating it with the egg hunt the chocolate bunnies and it bringing people to eat together and it being evil with the original inent? are we giving in to sin or are we being to strict?

Foes the origin of it coincide with how it is today or are we going overboard? personally with how it is really for the egg hunt these days for the kids I think that we can take it that way true it is not for Christ but these are children who just have fun with their families

So yes the true origion the spiritual disgusting sexual part is there but is that what it is about today?
There is some evidence that Easter became a pagan celebration.

Like from people like the ancient English Saxons. Before that time, the Anglo-Saxons worshipped the gods Tiw, Woden, Thor and Frig. From these words come the names of our days of the week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. (So Wednesday means Woden's day, Thursday Thor's day and so on.)

But the good news is the Christians converted them and made it a celebration Of Jesus 😊

and gave them Easter eggs and bunny's as a reward 😊