Just started listening to Dennis Prager

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Crustyone

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2015
697
50
28
What a nice change of pace. Mr. Prager puts a nice Christian perspective on every subject and doesn't put up with fools for long, but he does try to bring them to their senses. He sounds like a real solid Christian talk show host.
 
He is Jewish who is a friend of Christians and is full of common and clear sense...pray for his salvation.
 
Prager is indeed emblematic of why we call them Judeo-Christian values. His interactions with John MacArthur on the Larry King Show are very interesting.
 
I love what he is doing with Prager University. Beating the left at its own soundbite-addled game. Those videos have captured the minds of a couple other millennials I know. Got them reading the good stuff.
 
Is Prager possibly Messianic Jewish? I will have to listen closer, but he seemed like a Christian in his beliefs. I know that Michael Medved is Jewish and I listen to him also, but he mentions being Jewish from time to time so it was easy for me to tell. Prager hasn't mentioned it in the short time that I have listened to him.
 
Is Prager possibly Messianic Jewish? I will have to listen closer, but he seemed like a Christian in his beliefs. I know that Michael Medved is Jewish and I listen to him also, but he mentions being Jewish from time to time so it was easy for me to tell. Prager hasn't mentioned it in the short time that I have listened to him.
Medved calls himself an orthodox Jew.
Prager I would say is between a Conservative and a Reformed Jew. But no, he does not embrace Jesus Christ as his Messiah.
i would agree though, he makes a theological liberal Christian look like an apostate.
 
Medved calls himself an orthodox Jew.
Prager I would say is between a Conservative and a Reformed Jew. But no, he does not embrace Jesus Christ as his Messiah.
i would agree though, he makes a theological liberal Christian look like an apostate.

His moral and ethical views definitely reflect Augustine to me more than most historical Rabbis, but perhaps that is just my ignorance talking.
 
Prager is also a very, very patriotic American. He not only understands the Christian underpinnings of our nation- he loves them.

This probably further adds to the confusion.
 
Again, if you want to see where Prager is spiritually, watch the Larry King interviews with Rev. MacArthur. Prager is Jewish in his faith. Of that, there is no doubt.
 
Prager is right, in my opinion, on almost every political or social issue I've heard him talk about. His demeanor is fantastic and logic is impeccable.

Having said that, he has a segment called ultimate issues hour every week. BUT, he WILL NOT discuss salvation issues related to various religions. I forget the name he calls that, not theology, something else. How is that NOT THE ultimate issue?

Also,I have listened to him for decades off and on. He absolutely is Jewish, NOT Messianic Jewish.