Just what I have said all along.

  • Thread starter Thread starter phil112
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

phil112

Guest
This exactly what Paul tells us about short hair on men, and Paul got that from Christ, so why would anyone want to believe He had long hair?
Archeologists say they have discovered an ancient artifact depicting Jesus that will force historians to “rethink the history of Christian Spain.”
A team of experts found a glass plate depicting one of the first images of Jesus Christ — and he’s clean-shaven, sporting short hair, according to The Guardian.
Archeologists Have Discovered an Artifact Depicting Jesus That ‘Forces Us to Rethink the History of Christian Spain’ | TheBlaze.com
 
So I actually read that thing you posted. That plate is still not old enough to show what Jesus truly looked like. It's dated to the 4th century they say which is what around 300ad? Did Jesus come back to have His portrait drawn? Did you know that Columbus never had his portrait drawn? So we actually don't know what he looked like either. And truthfully does it really matter what Jesus looks like?
 
I to fill he had short hair as well, and I know it sounds crazy but I don't think He had white skin either (gasp!!!).
 
The story is about Spanish Christianity, not about what Jesus looked like it is poor reporting to make an issue out of short hair and clean shaven, there is plenty of artwork around from 2nd and 3rd century showing Jesus with short hair and clean shaven, the Christian catacombes around Rome have good examples such as these.

Christ_teacher.jpg

Then we have the mosiacs from the chapel in Ravenna from 6th century, I have just included a couple below.
this is Satan, CHrist and if I remember Gabriel sorting the Goats from Sheep.

Picture12.jpg

15030209.jpg