Just wondering and would like some insight.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IzzyF

Feb 11, 2018
Is there such thing as righteous anger? And when?
Thank you!

U

Ugly

I think when Jesus chased out the money changers that's a good point of reference.

L

LittleMermaid

If someone steals your fries...then yeah I would say that's righteous anger. :p

S

Stranger36147

[video=youtube;Xve6npUR1yg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xve6npUR1yg[/video]

Aug 2, 2009
Thank you!
The bible says to be angry and do not sin.... it also says do not fret because it only leads to evil... and that anger resides in the bosom of fools (those are from scripture...Im just too tired to look them up right now)

M

MissCris

Thank you!
”Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.” -James 1:19-20

The Bible tells us, in several places, essentially that we should try not to be angry. But we are also told, as has been posted here already, to “be angry, and do not sin”. So the Lord knows we Will feel anger, but He tells us how to do so.

My Bible has a devotional reading to go along with the verse I used; it explains- “Anger is energy released to defend something, and therefore, it is not intrinsically wrong. Jesus, for example, gets justifiably angry at injustice and abuse. There is, however, an anger that is sinful. It is rooted in pride. This more common kind of anger flares up quickly, leads us to do things we regret, and comes from our need to defend our own self-image.”

So can we be “righteously angry”? I’m not sure that we can, in our flesh. Our anger certainly doesn’t work in the same way as the Lord’s. Can we sometimes be Justifiably angry at the same things Jesus was angry about? I think so- because when we are born again, we are then in Christ, as he is in us; therefore our spirits are grieved, burdened, and yes, angry, about the same injustices, the same abuse, the same wrongdoing that angers the Lord.

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017
Matthew 5:22

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Just resolve your issues before you retire for the day.

Eph. 4:24-27: "And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil." 44.gif