Just wondering

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 10, 2017
Is dating worth it, i mean im pretty young should i bother with it is it a waste of time, from a christian stand point if im not dating to find the one is it bad to date. is it possibly to find someone and stay with them forever at this age? should i or not? thanks again for any answers you guys have i really appreciate it and can tell a lot of you that Ive met so far are so SO much wiser then i am and i LOVE getting you're guys advice it makes me so extremely happy!

S

Stranger36147

You're only 15. My advice would be to try to focus on other things and enjoy being young. Make the most out of it.

Of course, I'm not gonna tell you what you should or shouldn't do. It's your life. If you're going to date, maybe you can try finding a Christian girl who has a close relationship with God.

Whatever you do, I hope you are happy and satisfied in life. Good luck. :)

Oct 10, 2017
Thank you a lot, i don't care to much about dating there is just a lot of pressure around it and wondered if i shouldn't from a christian point of view i really appreciate you're response :D

Sep 30, 2017
My advice is to wait until you are at least legal, old enough to get married. That's what I will advise my two children. I didn't date until I was 19 and looking back I was still too young and immature. I didn't know what I wanted and didn't really know who I was yet. To try and figure out another person while you are still growing and trying to find yourself can get you into trouble and give you more problems than it's even worth. Stick with being a young man and focus on becoming the kind of man you'd be proud of in the future. Someone a girl would be proud to bring home to meet her parents. You have PLENTY of time! Trust me, before you know it you'll be in your 30's looking back wondering why you worried about it so much. lol

Oct 10, 2017
Thanks alot i agree about being to young i just wondered because alot of people i know are dating i dont really want to. thanks again :D

Sep 30, 2017
I know you've probably heard this before, probably from your parents, but just because everyone is doing it, doesn't make it smart. ;)

The Road Not Taken
BY ROBERT FROST

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Oct 10, 2017
Thank you so much you're very kind :D

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Ur age is when i started dating and some huuuge mistakes with that lol
It depends on the person. Some are ready sooner and some later.
Rather stay away for another year or two

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Is dating worth it, i mean im pretty young should i bother with it is it a waste of time, from a christian stand point if im not dating to find the one is it bad to date. is it possibly to find someone and stay with them forever at this age? should i or not? thanks again for any answers you guys have i really appreciate it and can tell a lot of you that Ive met so far are so SO much wiser then i am and i LOVE getting you're guys advice it makes me so extremely happy!
If you aren't looking to get married its wrong simple. No where in the bible is that ever said to be ok so no we shouldn't do it and yes it is a waste of time. Now dating at your age is probably not wise since your not really mature spiritually and you should really focus on Christ right now either way the Lord will bring someone to you if its his wilk for you so don't worry too much God bless.

T

Tinuviel

The answer is yes, it is. It has happened before. HOWEVER, that being said, I changed a lot from about ages 13-17, so if I had been dating someone at that time, I probably would have broken up with them because of all the changes I went through. I imagine that is true for at least 98% of American teens today.

I personally see dating as a step towards marriage, so if you are not ready to get married in the next few years, go slow. I've waited, (still am waiting, in fact), and I have no regrets :). There is a lot of peer pressure to date, so try and remember that that is not a good reason to do it if you're not ready.

S

Skyrue

I would say that it just depends on the person who you would consider dating. At your age I started dating and from my experience I would highly recommend to date a good Christian girl if you were to consider to. If they're not Christian you're not exactly equally yoked and problems tend to come up with that. I learnt that the hard way myself.

But for the dating part that would be up to you now if you want to or not. If you have no one in mind and don't feel quite up for dating just yet then you can use this time to continue to have a closer walk God and enjoy life to the fullest. ^-^

If anything too, you could maybe later in life consider courting. Courtship is pretty awesome, not to mention that it's biblical too. :)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Andy don't take to either extreme..

One of chasing girls and thinking that life is only about getting a girl friend.

The other of avoiding girls all together and not even being friends with them.

Befriend them socialize with them get to know them. Because later on you will need those skills and knowledge when you are ready to take the next step towards seeking a woman for a life time relationship..

For now just be a caring Christian and avoid extremes..

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Ur age is when i started dating and some huuuge mistakes with that lol
It depends on the person. Some are ready sooner and some later.
Rather stay away for another year or two
You'd be better off staying away another few years yourself. You're only 17.