Justification has not come about because of anything believers are capable of achieving on their own

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I have reasons to believe the Bible is for the purpose to take us someplace. And then we graduate and and don't have much need to read it again. We graduate from grade school, high school, and collage. I noticed not to many graduate from reading the Bible.
The bible is our daily bread , until the Lord calls us home...
If not read ,we become spiritually starved , the word of God is alive , and feeds us through all seasons of our life ...
I do not understand what you mean " We do not need to read it again " ?

May 23, 2020
I must have tapped into something because I don't have those problems.
Does everyone who lives and works with you agree? This is the test. It’s easy to claim you are perfect and fool yourself. It’s different if you ask others if they see any sin in you. Jesus did this and they found nothing. Do others say that of you?

Mar 4, 2020
You're the only one on this site along with me that believes the following...

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Cor 5:17

We cannot make ourselves become alive, because we are dead in our sins.
You can make a new thread that asks a specific question, follow by a brief explanation with scripture, with a poll that gives people the option to vote whether they believe they are a new creation in Christ or not. Don't know how many people will vote, but at least it can be quantified easier. Btw, I believe what the Bible says. Though I don't pretend to understand the why and how at all times, it's a matter of faith to trust what the Holy Spirit does.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Why do we continue to read the same book over and over? We don't do that with any of our school books or any other book that we read.
I guess if one has “perfect” memory, then it’s a simple one and done. I have yet to meet one of those.

Dec 28, 2016
I have reasons to believe the Bible is for the purpose to take us someplace. And then we graduate and and don't have much need to read it again. We graduate from grade school, high school, and collage. I noticed not to many graduate from reading the Bible.
Collage?

Anyhow, it's glaringly apparent you need to go to remedial school, read the bible through a lot, and have some truths taught you. Obviously your prior reading didn't bring you remotely close to the heights of super spirituality you claim and bear witness to yourself as achieving, Mr. Jens.

Mar 28, 2016
Ever leaning and never able to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Coming to whose knowledge of truth?

The two hundred page work you have performed must be looked at .Right from the beginning its easy to see where it is going .The Bible does not create mysteries it reveals them . The idea of you not falling short of the glory of God (not sinning) Is simply one of those wonders or mysteries .

Calling it knowledge of truth a great magical secret of some sort of magical kingdom.

Stephen was full of the Spirit faith and power in the same way as any believer. No ones wonders How your model got there .

You said in your work below...

Stephen was written for those who have wondered how a guy like Stephen was able to get to the place in his life where it could be said of him that he was full of faith and power. Acts 6:8, declares "Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people." The apex of all Christian living is walking with God, who is the creator and sustainer of life, the all-powerful, all-loving, ever-present force... in a way that will produce power from on high in our lives.
I hear a lot of building up wonder in those empower by God . But nothing as to His power.

Mar 28, 2016
Why do we continue to read the same book over and over? We don't do that with any of our school books or any other book that we read.
We don't read your two hundred page heresy over and over .The first page is enough.

No sin in Him who lives in us. Christ fills us with the work of His faith or called a labor of love.. We will not be held accountable for the wage. noT that we do not deny Him But he cannot deny us ..

Its why its called a imputed righteousness. Looks like you have not done your home work . You need to read the Bible again.

1 John 3. 5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Again not in us is no sin. that simply makes God a liar.

Starting in 1st John and not John 3 would be a good place to start. Context matters .

1 John 1: 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Mar 23, 2016
Chapter 1
8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
8. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.
So when you tell us over and over again that you have no sin, you "are either not saved" or "have not put on the new man"?

What God tells us is that those who say they have have no sin ... they deceive themselves ...

Jun 15, 2020
You can make a new thread that asks a specific question, follow by a brief explanation with scripture, with a poll that gives people the option to vote whether they believe they are a new creation in Christ or not. Don't know how many people will vote, but at least it can be quantified easier. Btw, I believe what the Bible says. Though I don't pretend to understand the why and how at all times, it's a matter of faith to trust what the Holy Spirit does.
Think about it this way: Let's say you create a car. It's really all about you because the car brings nothing to the table. You can give the car life in that you can make it move. But the car can do nothing. God created us and it's all about him. We (I have to say we because if I say you everyone will yell at me) bring nothing to the table because it's His spirit whereby we move and have our being. The flesh profited nothing. It's really very simple.

Jun 15, 2020
Does everyone who lives and works with you agree? This is the test. It’s easy to claim you are perfect and fool yourself. It’s different if you ask others if they see any sin in you. Jesus did this and they found nothing. Do others say that of you?
Who cares what men say. I don't stand before men. If I did I would not be a servant of Christ.

Jun 15, 2020
The bible is our daily bread , until the Lord calls us home...
If not read ,we become spiritually starved , the word of God is alive , and feeds us through all seasons of our life ...
I do not understand what you mean " We do not need to read it again " ?
Do you have a verse with that from the New Testament? That the Word is our daily bread that we should read the same verses over and over?

Jun 15, 2020
Yes but it is not speaking in literal terms, it is an attitude the born again believer does not live in sin and seek it they have his seed and thus seek to please and honor God and seek holiness . The reason so many new believers fear and worry about their sins is because they have that seed and don't want to sin if they were not born again they would have no problem sinning
But also remember a few pages later it says this If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. (1 John 1:8-10; NIV).
So by claiming to not sin and be without sin you are by doing so sinning.
Let me see if I got this straight. If anyone says they do not sin... then they deceive themselves is literal. But cannot sin because we are born of God is not literal.

May 23, 2020
o
Who cares what men say. I don't stand before men. If I did I would not be a servant of Christ.
Thought so.

My fellow christians, when a believer tells you they are without sin, ask them if all who observe them agree. Jesus asked those around him which sin they could accuse him of or something similar and none could say anything. They were at that point honest.

The point is not whether others judge you. The point is we are often blind to the wrong we do to others, we are talking real wrong God sees, but the victims of our sin are not blind to it.

Jesus said when you go to present your gift to God and SOMEONE else has something against you, go to them and settle the matter between you. He doesn’t think the wrong you do others but refuse to see is negligible.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Let me see if I got this straight. If anyone says they do not sin... then they deceive themselves is literal. But cannot sin because we are born of God is not literal.
You see the issue is your looking at the scriptures with a set mind you only see what your trying to defend. as far as the verse I posted being literal or not is not the issue it is the context. They seem to oppose each other but have the same message, it is not that we don't sin but we seek righteous because we have his seed so in his eyes we do not sin and are clean and righteous but even when we do sin according to the flesh not the spirit we ask for forgiveness.

If you focus on not sinning that will only be a stumbling block the spirit guides and leads us into all righteousness so sinning not sinning that is irrelevant because that was never the focus of salvation or being made clean and righteous it was to be made this way as a new creation bearing his seed made clean and royal kings and priests and in this new identity we walk forwards to seek and expand his kingdom without the stumbling block of sin.

In him sin is taken completely out of the picture not even worth debating if one sins or not because in his eyes we don't but a heart that understands grace may stumble sometimes but our image to him never once changed.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I graduated. Why repeat the same grade over? We do that when people fail.
And this is another issue as well. You say you don't read the bible anymore you ask why we read the same book over and over and you claim to have graduated from the bible.
This is yet another reason why you are blind to your truth because you think the bible is like any other book but it isn't. It is literally called the word of life meaning it feeds us it gives us life and insight you can read the bible a thousand times and yet still learn something new beecause the bible is not like other books it is holy spirit inspired it is infused with him.
The bible is like an onion or the earths crust it has many layers so just for the record no one ever graduates from the bible it is an ever going learning and life giving book no one could learn all there is in it in a single lifetime.
You seem to think you are in the place of a teacher that you have more insight and understanding than most when it seems you are the one who needs to be taught and are lacking the most.

Reading the bible to you seems like chore or a downgrade from the position you have placed yourself which is honestly sad and I had no idea any believer actually thought like this.
Everything you have posted every verse every theogical view you have inserted has been defeated by others on here who live in his word and his spirit you have yet to be able to override anything that was shown to you and that is because you do not write the word on your heart for if you did then you would know and have understanding.

Even just talking about the bible as you have is blasphemous you need to stop thinking yourself a teacher and learned and take on the heart of a student who knows nothing only in this way can one actually be taught and shown the hidden truths in the word

Mar 4, 2020
Think about it this way: Let's say you create a car. It's really all about you because the car brings nothing to the table. You can give the car life in that you can make it move. But the car can do nothing. God created us and it's all about him. We (I have to say we because if I say you everyone will yell at me) bring nothing to the table because it's His spirit whereby we move and have our being. The flesh profited nothing. It's really very simple.
Wow that's a great way to explain it. I agree with that.

Mar 23, 2016
Everything you have posted every verse every theogical view you have inserted has been defeated by others on here who live in his word and his spirit you have yet to be able to override anything that was shown to you and that is because you do not write the word on your heart for if you did then you would know and have understanding.
For the record ... I do not disagree with everything Peterlag has set out. It is true that when we are born again, we are born again of incorruptible seed (1 Peter 1:23) and incorruptible seed is incorruptible seed.

However, the incorruptible seed is housed in an earthen vessel which is corruptible and is easily tempted, drawn away, enticed by the lusts of the flesh. As we mature and grow up spiritually, we are less and less inclined to allow those lusts to draw us away from the Lord Jesus Christ and we enjoy a more full and robust relationship with the Lord.

I have been walking with the Lord for many years and I still do not 100% of the time cast down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Cor 10:5). And God has made provision for that eventuality (1 John 1:9) because He knows what we go through.

Blain said:
Even just talking about the bible as you have is blasphemous you need to stop thinking yourself a teacher and learned and take on the heart of a student who knows nothing only in this way can one actually be taught and shown the hidden truths in the word
in agreement, Blain.

I love that I can fellowship with other knowledgeable believers and learn and gain/give insight into the Word of God. such a blessing!!! :cool:

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I arrived at this by talking to church people and hearing what preachers teach.
Scripture is the only reliable scripture, and that scripture can only teach when we accept that God is one, God never disagrees with God. All scripture must be accepted as scripture, not as an old scripture and a new scripture.