Kavanaugh Debacle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

I think you’re quite good at being hilarious yourself😄.

Isn’t it about high time you just admit that you don’t have a clue?

It’s okay😄.
Why can you not correct your statement?

U

UnderGrace

I think you’re quite good at being hilarious yourself😄.

Isn’t it about high time you just admit that you don’t have a clue?

It’s okay😄.
Why can you not correct your statement?

Actually do not bother, a lawyer would never make such an error.

I am really done now, I will not see any responses.

J

Jennie-Mae

Actually do not bother, a lawyer would never make such an error.

I am really done now.
According to you everything I’ve said is wrong, so where would I start?😄

Mar 23, 2016
Jennie-Mae said:
Accusing a powerful man is never a good idea, that’s the truth. Mrs Ford knew it, yet she stepped up. Do you ever wonder why?
Could the ± $600,000 in her go fund me account have anything to do with it??? btw, she's still receiving donations ...
Update

$633,076 raised ...

https://www.gofundme.com/mvc.php?route=homepage_norma/search&term=Christine Blasey Ford

check out the link. the amount shown above is only for one of the several fund accounts set up for her. there are several funds solely for Ms. Ford.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
Oh be quiet, or I’ll make my hick click pop the wheels on your house😂.
Sounds like somebody is judgmental....maybe you shouldn't smile so much, because people around here can't figure out whether to laugh or kick a field goal at you :LOL:

J

Jennie-Mae

Sounds like somebody is judgmental....maybe you shouldn't smile so much, because people around here can't figure out whether to laugh or kick a field goal at you :LOL:
Judgmental? Says the guy who was oh so ashamed because I’m from Alabama, and then had the nerve to insult me saying I am a combative, snarky broad.

What “people”? You mean yourself? Don’t refer to “people around here” whenever it’s pretty obvious that you’re just a crowd of one.

Sir, or whatever you are, you best keep your facts straight for the future, cause right now you sound like a career felon every time you open your mouth😒.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I'd just like to make a few points about Jennie-Mae.

Disparagement isn't necessary to win:

I personally disagree with some of her views, and her assessments.
However, I don't see that it's necessary to disparage her credentials, or her knowledge of law, in order to disagree with her.

Attorneys often disagree.
Therefore, logically, it isn't necessary for anyone to question an attorney's credentials in order to support a disagreement.
It simply isn't necessary.
Feel free to simply disagree, and then support your argument.

Some of the most knowledgeable lawyers in the country, the members of the supreme court, disagree with each other continually, and vociferously, and yet they never resort to disparaging comments, or questioning each other's credentials. Rather, they are all fully aware that each person's interpretation of the law can be colored by their personal opinions and presuppositions.

It might be unwise to disagree with an attorney about what the law CLEARLY SAYS,
but there can certainly be debate regarding how the law "should" be interpreted or implemented.

Disparagement brings us to the doorstep of ad hominem - a logic problem:

The last point I'll make is this: to attempt to discredit an argument on the basis of discrediting the person making the argument, is actually the proper definition of an "ad hominem." This is actually the true and proper definition of an ad hominem argument.

I realize this is human nature, and we all tend to do this when the conversation is emotionally charged. But when we catch ourselves doing this, we need to take a breath, and take a step back.

This is purely a logic problem.
Jenny-Mae's arguments stand or fall on their own, with or without her.
The person making the argument has nothing to do with whether or not the argument is sound.
Therefore, we need to focus on the premises of the argument, not the person.

Conclusion:
Personally, if I feel inclined to disagree with Jenny-Mae, then I will simply disagree.
I will say what I need to say, and support my arguments.
I don't feel any need to disparage her credentials or her knowledge in order to debate.

We can all do a little better.
Let's raise the bar.

God Bless
Max

U

UnderGrace

I'd just like to make a few points about Jennie-Mae.

Disparagement isn't necessary to win:

I personally disagree with some of her views, and her assessments.
However, I don't see that it's necessary to disparage her credentials, or her knowledge of law, in order to disagree with her.

Attorneys often disagree.
Therefore, logically, it isn't necessary for anyone to question an attorney's credentials in order to support a disagreement.
It simply isn't necessary.
Feel free to simply disagree, and then support your argument.

Some of the most knowledgeable lawyers in the country, the members of the supreme court, disagree with each other continually, and vociferously, and yet they never resort to disparaging comments, or questioning each other's credentials. Rather, they are all fully aware that each person's interpretation of the law can be colored by their personal opinions and presuppositions.

It might be unwise to disagree with an attorney about what the law CLEARLY SAYS,
but there can certainly be debate regarding how the law "should" be interpreted or implemented.

Disparagement brings us to the doorstep of ad hominem - a logic problem:

The last point I'll make is this: to attempt to discredit an argument on the basis of discrediting the person making the argument, is actually the proper definition of an "ad hominem." This is actually the true and proper definition of an ad hominem argument.

I realize this is human nature, and we all tend to do this when the conversation is emotionally charged. But when we catch ourselves doing this, we need to take a breath, and take a step back.

This is purely a logic problem.
Jenny-Mae's arguments stand or fall on their own, with or without her.
The person making the argument has nothing to do with whether or not the argument is sound.
Therefore, we need to focus on the premises of the argument, not the person.

Conclusion:
Personally, if I feel inclined to disagree with Jenny-Mae, then I will simply disagree.
I will say what I need to say, and support my arguments.
I don't feel any need to disparage her credentials or her knowledge in order to debate.

We can all do a little better.
Let's raise the bar.

God Bless
Max

with an attorney
I would suggest more research.

U

UnderGrace

Attagirl, finally you’re getting interested in facts😀.
Yup,:D a bit of research uncovers a lot.

You like to have fun, no problem I am good with that.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
Judgmental? Says the guy who was oh so ashamed because I’m from Alabama, and then had the nerve to insult me saying I am a combative, snarky broad.

What “people”? You mean yourself? Don’t refer to “people around here” whenever it’s pretty obvious that you’re just a crowd of one.

Sir, or whatever you are, you best keep your facts straight for the future, cause right now you sound like a career felon every time you open your mouth😒.
Actually I am a well educated 30 year old man, I will have you know. But hey, you throw an insult at me, I throw one right back, and I do not care that you are a woman either. :)

J

Jennie-Mae

Actually I am a well educated 30 year old man, I will have you know. But hey, you throw an insult at me, I throw one right back, and I do not care that you are a woman either. :)
I’m sorry, Sir, but you were the one throwing the first insult. And to an Alabamian that was a nasty one.

Why would you care that I am a woman? I know from your previous posts that you’re insulting both men and women. No discrimination there. You must be one of them modern men from Birmingham😁.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
I’m sorry, Sir, but you were the one throwing the first insult. And to an Alabamian that was a nasty one.

Why would you care that I am a woman? I know from your previous posts that you’re insulting both men and women. No discrimination there. You must be one of them modern men from Birmingham😁.

Nope, I'm from Huntsville, modern, yes, young, yes, but I figured you might throw the whole, sexism card out at me. All I said was that it shames me you consider yourself an Alabamian, because most Alabamians have conservative views, BUT, I suppose there are the others that have Democratic views, as long as they are not radical.

J

Jennie-Mae

Nope, I'm from Huntsville, modern, yes, young, yes, but I figured you might throw the whole, sexism card out at me. All I said was that it shames me you consider yourself an Alabamian, because most Alabamians have conservative views, BUT, I suppose there are the others that have Democratic views, as long as they are not radical.
I didn’t know there was conservatives in Huntsville.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
I didn’t know there was conservatives in Huntsville.
There are a few on the outskirts, which is where I live, but in all honesty, with the number of people populating Huntsville, i would say the demographic is definitely different, I've met more Democratic folks than I have conservative people.