Keep me signed in?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Hi i have a technical issue the site will not keep me signed in
is this a problem with my browser or the site in general?
someone please help me out. Thank you.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hi i have a technical issue the site will not keep me signed in
is this a problem with my browser or the site in general?
someone please help me out. Thank you.
Do you mean it will kick you off after a while? Or when you open it, you have to manually log in each time?

Like most sites, there is a time limit for inactivity before it boots you. So that's normal.

If you mean the other way, it doesn't keep me logged in either. One possible reason is how your cookie settings are managed. Or maybe the site simply doesn't support this option anymore.

I let my browser hold my log in and password info. That way most sites have all that info automatically entered when I open it and I just need to click the sign in button.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I never sign out , and have not had this problem...
...xox...

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Do you mean it will kick you off after a while? Or when you open it, you have to manually log in each time?

Like most sites, there is a time limit for inactivity before it boots you. So that's normal.

If you mean the other way, it doesn't keep me logged in either. One possible reason is how your cookie settings are managed. Or maybe the site simply doesn't support this option anymore.

I let my browser hold my log in and password info. That way most sites have all that info automatically entered when I open it and I just need to click the sign in button.
Its prob the first one (time limit) but let me look into my cookie settings..... thnx

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
I have found when/after doing a clear history & clear data...have to log in..but does keep me logged in, otherwise.

Maybe 🤔 that's something to consider.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I do sleep though lol , it just looks like I am always online :giggle:
...xox...
I think after a certain amount of inactivity, the site no longer records you as being here.

I could be wrong, though :D I never log out either... but
every once in a long while I do need to sign back in :)

@Poinsetta - when you sign in, do you check the box that says to keep you signed in?