A
AgeofKnowledge
Guest
Hey Rachel, I know. Let's put everyone in prison and lock them up forever until they promise to obey all the laws. I know you like that idea.
If I had known we were shooting at straw men this evening, I would have brought my bow.
Just the bow? No arrows?
your argument is basically that it is unjust that the prison system is so full and that we should fix that by getting rid of all those pesky laws that criminals can't seem to follow and those sentences that are 'more than they can bear'...to borrow the words of cain... in other words don't expect people to be responsible citizens and instead legislate to the least common denominator...
it is people like -you- who lend credence to the suspicion that anyone concerned about criminal justice reform is really just interested in legalizing stuff willy nilly...
Forget prisons. We should just let people like him "go missing" so we don't have to deal with the implications of having an absurdly complex legal system that is so focused on chasing visions that it doesn't actually prosecute real crime or uphold the load-bearing pillars of justice.
Hey Rachel, I know. Let's put everyone in prison and lock them up forever until they promise to obey all the laws. I know you like that idea.
Ummm no. First, my argument is that it's unjust to lock non-violent low grade offenders up for crimes that don't warrant it. Secondly, for those that do, the sentences should be reasonable. Languishing for decades in prison over non-violent low grade offenses is cruel and unusual punishment and violates our Constitution not to mention natural law and scriptural principles.
Finally, I made a point that because we're locking up non-violent low grade offenders for long periods of time anyways we've created a sprawling prison-industrial complex... literally an extremely costly, unnecessary, and undesirable gulag system within our nation.
And this is coming from a conservative that believes in the death penalty for all first-degree murderers and life sentences for other types of serious violent criminals that don't murder. So please don't make up stuff about me Rachel that isn't true. Thanking you in advance for that my totalitarian friend.
Forget prisons. We should just let people like him "go missing" so we don't have to deal with the implications of having an absurdly complex legal system that is so focused on chasing visions that it doesn't actually prosecute real crime or uphold the load-bearing pillars of justice.
Good news! Kent Hovind volunteered for bomb guidance.
This is what you get for kicking me out of domestic policy discussions, Mr. President!
because i implied anything like that...
that squishy sound is me rolling my eyes so much that they rolled out of my head and landed on the floor...
well if he gets out he will either be a repeat offender or he will go missing with edward snowden in russia...fortunately he will have nothing of value to reveal to putin...
People like to justify themselves, to quickly dissociate when someone they associate with is under attack, even if unjust accusation.
Until this happened he was appreciated by many. Then, suddenly, he is a false teacher, an ungodly person, and whatnot... people just rave against him in righteous indignation. It's actually insane.
But this is regular human behavior. Just like the disciples even scattered from Jesus when He was accused and brought before authorities. Peter even denied knowing Him. Many lost even their best friends in difficult times. People just dont want to be part of the trough and they dissociate themselves, quickly condemn their best-friends-until-yesterday and flee.
I dont claim to know the exact truth on this, but it is pretty sure that there's a lot of propaganda on this case.
I dont claim to know the exact truth on this, but it is pretty sure that there's a lot of propaganda on this case.
I am of the belief that Federal Income Tax created by Lincoln to be illegal and unconstitutional.Sorry, I was on the phone when I wrote that second paragraph. What I mean is I have no problem with tax evaders being sentenced to a federal prison for tax evasion; however, the sentence should be reasonable and piling up a bunch of ancillary charges developed to defeat organized crime to get a life sentence for a non-violent low grade offender who has zero to do with organized crime is a miscarriage of justice and constitutes cruel and unusual punishment under the Constitution of the United States.
I am of the belief that Federal Income Tax created by Lincoln to be illegal and unconstitutional.
Are federal income taxes legal?
Anti-Lincoln Page