KEYS TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.....KEYS. KEYS!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Mat.16:19 And I will GIVE unto YOU the KEYS of the kingdom of heaven!๐Ÿ™ What do keys do? Well of course they unlock what is protected,safe,hidden away ect.ect. I want to hear about keys in your life in the word that have unlocked your faith,hope,comfort ect.ect.

G

Godsgirl83

Just gonna reply here so the system will keep me updated as replies are added. That way I don't forget to come back here;).
I would like to answer this with a little more detail/scripture than I usually do, and that will require a little more time.....(which being that it is summer break I don't have, much, lol)

louis

Nov 1, 2017
Mat.16:19 And I will GIVE unto YOU the KEYS of the kingdom of heaven!๐Ÿ™ What do keys do? Well of course they unlock what is protected,safe,hidden away ect.ect. I want to hear about keys in your life in the word that have unlocked your faith,hope,comfort ect.ect.
I have had many truths unlocked.
I have been enlightened to realize that to believe in Christ is to believe in what Christ believed, which is to believe in love, just like the Samaritan in Luke 10 believed.
Unfortunately, many here I've noticed reject this common sense reasoning.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
To unlock rebellion the key is submission to Him! I know the scriptures will start unlocking in you all by the keys you remember in your lives!please share!

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
I also notice that I could add to my list "father why have you forsaken me", as something to meditate on God's love, that God is willing to go through that

even if we are somehow "numb" to even that, it's probably because we felt apart from God, again, Jesus was willing to go through that for us

or at least, no matter what you feel, God still love you "while we were still powerless, God died for the ungodly" (Romans 5:6)

and, no list that we make is ever complete, keep on learning, because boredom will exist without learning

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Keys to me, are very similar to the โ€œlightbulbโ€ metaphor. Years back I was in a Bible study that went on for over two years. My teacher/ friend focused heavily on the original languages. When I learned that the word translated โ€œifโ€ had three potential meanings, it brought a lasting smile.

1) โ€œIfโ€ - and it is true
2) โ€œIfโ€ - and it may or may not be true
3) โ€œIfโ€ - and it is not true

Context, context, context

Sep 3, 2016
Binding and loosing only work for those who are Jesus Christ Disciples.

โ€œ19 And I will give unto you (โ€œyouโ€ refers to all Believers) the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven (refers to symbols of authority, the privilege of preaching or proclaiming the Gospel, which is the privilege of every Believer): and whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven (Christ has given the authority and power to every Believer to bind Satan and his minions of darkness, and to do so by using the Name of Jesus [Mk. 16:17-18; Lk. 10:19]): and whatsoever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven (looses the Power of God according to the usage of the Name of Jesus; this is the authority of the Believer).โ€ Matthew 16:19

JSM

We have been given the keys of the Kingdom (Matthew 16:19). This gives us the authority to "bind" and "loose." "Binding" ties Satan's hands and stops his power to "steal, kill, and destroy," likewise, the "loosing" releases all that Jesus did at Calvary and the Resurrection. "Binding" has to do with the spirit world of darkness while "loosing" has to do with the Spirit world of Light. To "bind" means to restrict, stop, hinder, fetter, check, hold back, arrest, or put a stop to. To "loose" means to untie, unbind, unlock, liberate, release, forgive, or free.

Warning: Do not try and cast out devils if you aren't a Disciple (saved).

Acts 19:11-20 : The Sons of Sceva thought they were Disciples. (Righteousness is only awarded by God to the Believer by Faith placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won, i.e., "The Blood of Jesus." (Romans 4:5, 8:2)

John 6:53 - "Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you have no life in you," (presents the demand that caused "many of His Disciples to go back, and walk no more with Him" (John 6:66). It does the same presently! This Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one's belief; failing that, there is no Life in you).

John 6:66 - From that time many of His Disciples went back, and walk no more with Him.

JSM

But seek ye first the Kingdom of God (the "rule, the reign, and dominion of Christ Kingdom be manifested in earth as it is in Heaven), and His Righteousness (Faith placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won); and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

Sep 6, 2014
Matthew 16:19
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will have been bound in heaven, and whatever you release on earth will have been released in heaven."

The keys of the kingdom of heaven refer to the Gospel dispensation given to the apostles and disciples post regeneration. ( Acts 2)
The Holy Spirit makes the Word of God clear and open to the believer. (1 Cor 2:14)

John 14:26
26But the Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I know what the scripture says and I have the spiritual understanding in the Spirit! I am asking for times the Lord OPENED SPIRITUAL KNOWLEDGE IN THE WORD.There is much in the word that we dont recieve b/c we lack understanding. There are keys( spiritual) we can use in the word to open up blessings of faith,knowledge ect.ect.Keys signify authority and he who holds them can unlo ck these areas for our growth!

Dec 12, 2013
I know what the scripture says and I have the spiritual understanding in the Spirit! I am asking for times the Lord OPENED SPIRITUAL KNOWLEDGE IN THE WORD.There is much in the word that we dont recieve b/c we lack understanding. There are keys( spiritual) we can use in the word to open up blessings of faith,knowledge ect.ect.Keys signify authority and he who holds them can unlo ck these areas for our growth!
Talk about opening Pandora's box......there are things I have seen from study and when I post them the arguments fly like wheat chaff out of the back of the combine.........hah

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Talk about opening Pandora's box......there are things I have seen from study and when I post them the arguments fly like wheat chaff out of the back of the combine.........hah
Lol I hear you. My Lord isnt afraid of anyones opinion.... He is ABLE. Please be free to share some of those lessons here!๐Ÿ™

Jul 23, 2018
One of the greatest keys for all of us is the revelation on healing as part of the covenant. That was a key when i had that settled in my spirit.
Another was the bride and groom concerning end times. The fact that heaven sees the soon return of the groom as the apex of what will soon take place. That gathering of the bride.
Once that prism is unlocked and all events filtered through it,it forever changes one's view of end time events.
Another key is mat 16 binding and loosing.
Keys are connected to authority.
IOW, Jesus is handing us authority.

What you put up with ,can also hinder or bind you into ineffectiveness ,paralysis,or death.(destroy you)

Jul 23, 2018
Another key is the power of the blood.
In everyday walk,we need to invoke the blood.
Worship is pinnacle of the start of the day. Then applying the blood.
We get cleansed and refreshed.
I notice that when i start from refilling and anointing my day is Spirit dominated.
Every day brings new buffeting from the enemy,demons,and humanoids.
New and yet old temptations.
Starting with the anointing makes the negatives small. Goliaths are meant to fall. To be decapitated.
The key to victory lies in the anointing.
Get re anointed,refilled to start the day.
That is the key.
Jesus told them to pray "....hallowed be thy name"
IOW "I worship you"
Start with worship.
Let cleansing and refreshing and power come to saturate your entire being. I am a different person under the anointing.
That is key. Starting the day in power.

Dec 12, 2013
Lol I hear you. My Lord isnt afraid of anyones opinion.... He is ABLE. Please be free to share some of those lessons here!๐Ÿ™
How about a hint at something overlooked...go study the parable of the wedding supper and tell me what the Gentiles are called at the wedding.............!

Jul 23, 2018
In Jesus's prayer tutorial ,he invoked worship first. That is key. Worship.

Sep 3, 2016
1 Corinthians 2:14-15 says, "14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

Romans 4:5 teaches us that God only awards Righteousness only on the basis of Faith in Christ and His Finished Work. Our Faith must be placed exclusively in Jesus, the Son of God, and Jesus, the Lamb of God to be awarded Righteousness. If we preach Jesus alone and ignore the Cross (the Lamb of God), that is another Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:4). This is sin, a insult to God!

Every Word that God has ever spoken is โ€œIn Righteousnessโ€ (Proverbs 8:8), and therefore must be heard and received (Revelation 3:3) through Faith in the Cross of Jesus Christ, or we remain trapped in the Letter of the Law and forfeit the opportunity to walk in the newness of the Spirit. If this is not understood, there will only be a make believe spiritual walk and one might even have a name that they are alive, but Christ says they will be dead (Revelation 3:1). The Letter of the Law can only produce carnal Christians, and to be carnally minded is death (Romans 8:6). We must look to the Cross and live!

Proverbs 22:17 says, "Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge."

Bowing down oneโ€™s ear is to humble oneself and to hear the words of wisdom is to hear Godโ€™s Word as Truth (Proverbs 8:7), and โ€œIn Righteousnessโ€ (Proverbs 8:8), which results in a doing of the Word (James 1:22).

Those who don't build the Temple through Grace by Faith (Christ and Him Crucified) clearly shows they haven't totally surrendered their life over to Christ. Why? Because everything you do and everything you have will be that hinderance to you (Galatians 5:7 NKJV). They will not understand the Word of God or have the experience of God.

To have faith in anything other than Christโ€™s Work at the Cross for any provision from the Lord is to sow iniquity and to reap nothing but that which is vain (Proverbs 22:8).