Kickstarters Project for "Fruit Force" "Christian Based Super Heroes"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Strickalator

Kickstarters Project for "Fruit Force" "Christian Based Super Heroes"

I am writing to you all to help me with a project I have been wanting to do since 2005. It is something I am good at besides doing voice impressions and growing melons. This project will actually also help tell a good story and give teenagers faith and hope. Or at least that is one of my goals. Please take the time to look over this. I need to do something with my life and this is one of the things I can do best.

Fruit Force, a comic book to be written by Shawn Strickland (myself) for your consideration. The stories take place in a fictional place called Citrus City Florida. This would be between Orlando and Titusville where NASA is. The main hero is Lemon Lass. She and her fellow team mates have fruit based powers and fight against villains who have vegetable based powers. It will be a slightly wacky and goofy comic, but for the most part will have serious plots, actions and topics. It will speak about faith and goodness and battling evil and protecting citizens. Yes I will actually write about God and Jesus within the comic book.

I hope to have this ready by Mid Year 2012 and a Printed Comic would be actually what I am really hoping for.

I am in the process of finding the right comic book artist to work on this project.

I would like you to have a look at this and see if you think it has merit.

My goal is to get make this at the very least a web comic (and have people buy) or better still a printed comic published so that we could both get paid by a publisher.

I have a kickstarters project now running to help fund this project:
If I just had 1000 people offer $10 each I would not only be able to do this to inspire others but to get my life in order. This funding project will be going for 30 days.

Fruit Force Comic Book Series by Shawn Strickland Kickstarter Project Link

Below is the link to contest for an artist that I am running which also has more detail about Fruit Force and Lemon Lass:

$150 - Comic Book Artist Wanted for Fruit Force and Lemon Lass - Prizes

U

Ugly

Re: Kickstarters Project for "Fruit Force" "Christian Based Super Heroes"

Umm... yeah, this is considered 'soliciting' by mods. Against the posted rules of the site.

S

Strickalator

I am not selling anything here, im asking for help...but if they need to remove it let it be so.

B

barukhmalachi

Are you asking for help on ideas for characters or help funding and opinions if it will go over well. If you're asking for ideas for characters and plot lines you may be ok. I se it to similar to veggietales. You need to do something different than whats been done. It may be viewed as a knock off and not taken seriously. If you are truly in this for god and to teach biblical ideas, you need to be original and reform your characters. It sounds like you're aiming for spiritual warfare plot lines and principles. In which case I have some ideas. If you are donating all or some proceeds minus cost to gods kindom, donations may be easier to find. If you are only getting personal gain from this, you may have to prototype it yourself and put your own money up at a publisher. If you r heart is right in this I have lots of ideas. I like the concept but the project needs taken back to the drawing board. Just my opinion. Feel free to message me if you wish.

S

Strickalator

1st let me say "This is not veggie tales". My characters are for the most part human and super heroes. 2nd Let me say I have put a lot of heart into this and have taken the time to let God give me inspiration. 3rd , there are many preachers making money with a good message and yet still are also able to contribute a lot of what they earn to a good cause. This is what I am going to do. I don't need to explain myself to you or anyone for that matter. I have to answer to The Lord my God for all that I do.

May 26, 2013

Help Funding is against EULA. Maybe try a fund raising site? But the idea is nice. It should be easy to do. First write the story, even you cannot draw. Just do drawings right ahead. I was at a manusscript course in New York City once. There was a lot of great ppl there. Some with tons and lots of experience. I was surprised they couldn't draw at all, but still they drawed the main idea and points into a scene frame. So it would be really easy for one of the illustrators or animators, driectors, whatever to follow up on the idea. I think the writing part is the most important. If that is great and unique.Publisher may see an opportunity. Kids is a big marked and most of the parents in the world like to tell and read a good story for their kids. Good Luck.