Kind of excited

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

inukubo

Jun 27, 2019
Catholicism is NOT Christianity. Your profile says you're a Christian, saved at birth. I'm sorry but it's impossible to get saved at birth. You need to be at an age where you know who God is, and can confess with your mouth that He is your Lord and Savior. Babies are incapable of doing that..

Also, the bible says to not be unequally yoked. I would concentrate on truly getting saved as a Christian, THEN focus on meeting a nice Christian guy. :) NOT a catholic guy, because once again, catholicism is NOT Christianity.
Being a Christian is also not about what church you go to -- it's about knowing and trusting in Christ. It's also not about when you got saved, but where you are RIGHT NOW. If OP is trusting in Christ for her salvation as of this moment she's a sister.

Jul 9, 2019
Georgia
Catholicism is NOT Christianity. Your profile says you're a Christian, saved at birth. I'm sorry but it's impossible to get saved at birth. You need to be at an age where you know who God is, and can confess with your mouth that He is your Lord and Savior. Babies are incapable of doing that..

Also, the bible says to not be unequally yoked. I would concentrate on truly getting saved as a Christian, THEN focus on meeting a nice Christian guy. :) NOT a catholic guy, because once again, catholicism is NOT Christianity.
Are you saying that someone of sound mind who professes to 1) reject Satan and all his works, 2) believe in God the Father almighty, 3) believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, His Son, who was crucified, suffered and died for our sins, and arose on the third day, and 4) accept the Holy Spirit, is not a Christian?

Because Catholics take those vows in front of God and church after the age of 13 during the process of confirmation.

In today’s world, it’s really disappointing to see various denominations tearing each other down instead of discussing differences for the purpose of growth and fellowship. We need solidarity now more than ever.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Are you saying that someone of sound mind who professes to 1) reject Satan and all his works, 2) believe in God the Father almighty, 3) believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, His Son, who was crucified, suffered and died for our sins, and arose on the third day, and 4) accept the Holy Spirit, is not a Christian?

Because Catholics take those vows in front of God and church after the age of 13 during the process of confirmation.

In today’s world, it’s really disappointing to see various denominations tearing each other down instead of discussing differences for the purpose of growth and fellowship. We need solidarity now more than ever.

I'm not so sure about this last thought. Unity is great, all for it. The Catholic Church just has a really tortured history, it's not even up for debate. Did you know the Pope and Hitler had an agreement once Germany took over Europe? I never heard the Pope apologize for that little oversight....When you can defend Hitler's actions, that will be about the time you can tell me that the Catholic Church is unified with the Protestants. Not gonna happen any time soon. The End.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Unfortunately they add a GREAT more to the Gospel than what you posted, which nullifies the rest, as Paul says anyone who adds to THE Gospel unto Salvation is acursed. .

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sorry SundayMorning88. This is how things go in the forum. Sometimes people miss everything you say except that one thing they can disagree with and argue about.

On the other hand, the singles group you're starting should be a blast! After dealing with the mess this thread turned into, you shouldn't have any trouble talking to a few young people. :cool:

Brandon123

May 15, 2019
I’ve met spirit filled Catholics ....God has people in all kinds of places...I work with 2 catholic guys also...I can only hope and pray that I could be as kind and inclusive... no judgement...no proselytizing... we just talk about life in general..it’s refreshing 🙂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Shhhh! Don't say that Brandon! We don't want to get the "ALL CATHOLICS ARE DEVIL WORSHIPPERS!" crowd started again. :whistle:

G

Godsgirl83

Seems to me that if someone has a problem with a Catholic professing Christ and being Spirit filled and used by the Lord WHERE THEY ARE....(or a problem with a Catholic in general) then THAT PERSON has the problem...… NOT the Catholic.
Sorry SundayMorning88. This is how things go in the forum. Sometimes people miss everything you say except that one thing they can disagree with and argue about.

On the other hand, the singles group you're starting should be a blast! After dealing with the mess this thread turned into, you shouldn't have any trouble talking to a few young people. :cool:
Agree

I’ve met spirit filled Catholics ....God has people in all kinds of places...I work with 2 catholic guys also...I can only hope and pray that I could be as kind and inclusive... no judgement...no proselytizing... we just talk about life in general..it’s refreshing 🙂
Agree

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
WOW...first post right out of the gate :eek:

I'll admit there are some things going on in the catholic "hierarchy". Having been to a few catholic churches and staying at a catholic sanctuary once for an IHOP KC conference (chew on that one ;) ) There wasn't anything that directly disturbed my spirit, just produced a caution. There are issues in every church.

I know that it's really hard to pass judgement. Leave that to the Lord please...I see the disturbances too but that's all over the body. There are christians in catholicism. If that's where the Lord has someone I can't say anything against it.

I just encourage all christians in catholicism to study the word and to be suspicious of anything that doesn't line up, there are plenty of other places to get help with discrepancies. If you have a specific loyalty to catholicism and are against other denominations then of course that's an issue worth getting into.

A singles group is a GREAT thing. I'm so excited to see churches recognize the need for such things. A safer place for getting to know people "in person". Let us know how it goes.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
I'm a Catholic guy who is a Christian. I've met a few peeps from other denominations that were Christian too but not all of them. The unequally yoked counsel was sound however.
I’m a Catholic girl who is a Christian 🙏.
I was saved and baptized at 16 in the Baptist faith. My conversion was complete at Easter. I didn’t mention it for fear of others disapproval. Being equally yoked is very sound advice 👍🙏

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
1563455353034.jpeg

I joke. We live in America, which allows for freedom of religion. Part of that clause was because in Europe it was not so thanks to the Pope and the Catholic Church. So, when someone says, Protestants need to unite with the Catholic Church, it's really rather insulting to me. There is definitely a few diehards like myself that keep a close watch out for Catholic influence.

I believe 5 out of the 9 Supreme Court Justices are Catholic and just one are Protestant. So, if a Catholic law needed to be passed by the Supreme Court, it is possible. Not saying it's gonna happen anytime soon, but the placement of power is there.