Kind of work

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I've been a personal care aid for 2 mentally disabled sisters for the past 15 years.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I like that everyone has different jobs otherwise we would just end up talking shop all the time.

I think its good to MYOB I have found the hardest thing to do really, is work in a team, I think the illusion of being in a team is more work gets done, but what tends to happen is, if there is a team leader who is not very motivating or pulling everyone together, things go wrong and theres in fighting, jostling for position, co-dependency etc. Sort of like families in microcosm, but dysfunctional ones.

if everyone had their roles and knew exactly what to do, things would work but often what happens is some people like to dump their work on others without compensating them for their extra time and energy they put in. Thats a real no no but I saw managers do it time and again, once they had a taste of power they didnt want anyone else to have it...like not treating people as equal.

If people approached work and training for excellence in work more like a teacher disciple relationship then it would go a long way to repairing that employer employee slave master dynamic that tends to happen

anyway...what do I know. I guess telling young people today that they got to prepare for cruelty in the workplace I suppose unless things change.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Uncle Sam gives me a pension for my first career which was the military, so now working on my second career which is a equities trader. However, thinking seriously about cutting back on the hours spent doing that. I have not used my educational benefits yet from my service time. So thinking seriously about going to school full time. Not for anything job or career related. One of the things I want to do when I retire is go on some archeological digs. So figured I will go to school for history and archelogy make some connections and learn about that world and what I can do to be able to chase a dream to go dig and be immersed in something i have always wanted to do.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thats interesting, I read a book about the history of some areas in my city and historians had dug up evidence of past occupations of land that was NOT recorded in history books because of colonialism.

For example, what is now a carpark used to be a former market garden run by chinese gardeners serving the cities population.

were there dinosaurs in nz? Sure were...bones and fossils have been found in many places. And of course the land was heavily forested before. Preserved swamp Kauri was found that dates back to thousands of years.

Fascinating. Though, I dont really want to be digging up dead bodies, though in earthworks what hapoens is land gets totally bullldozed and precious topsoil removed which then gets sold on to someone else. I dont think its right to do that personally.

Oct 23, 2021
S.W. Missouri
I have done many different jobs throughout my life. My main job was as a C.N.A. in nursing facilities for 30+ years. I am now working for a funeral home. I do body recovery, and love it way more than I probably should.
so i left the funeral home job, got me a job in fast food making biscuits in the morning, you know the place that makes the best fast food biscuits and gravy, lots less stress, gives me the money my landlord wants for now, so i ain't sad

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
so i left the funeral home job, got me a job in fast food making biscuits in the morning, you know the place that makes the best fast food biscuits and gravy, lots less stress, gives me the money my landlord wants for now, so i ain't sad
The best I know of in fast food is Jack's. I don't know how far that fast food chain reaches though.

I know it's not mcdonald's, hardees or Burger king. They don't have the best anything, especially the best biscuits and gravy.

I don't think they will get you for advertising if you say where you are working, unless you are blatantly advertising with hyperlinks to the company's website and everything.

So where do you work?

Oct 23, 2021
S.W. Missouri
The best I know of in fast food is Jack's. I don't know how far that fast food chain reaches though.

I know it's not mcdonald's, hardees or Burger king. They don't have the best anything, especially the best biscuits and gravy.

I don't think they will get you for advertising if you say where you are working, unless you are blatantly advertising with hyperlinks to the company's website and everything.

So where do you work?
Hardee's / CarlsJr.
i don't know where your from, but they have the best fast food breakfast around here, not talking about mom & pops greasy spoon, just fast food....

Oct 21, 2022
back in the Philippines am a preschool teacher for 10yrs and when I migrated here in Canada am a substitute teacher😅(nursery- grade 12) by choice so I have the flexibility of my time to do church volunteering 🤫

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hardee's / CarlsJr.
i don't know where your from, but they have the best fast food breakfast around here, not talking about mom & pops greasy spoon, just fast food....
You need a Jack's in your area.

Or maybe Hardee's is better there than it is here? I guess it's possible. Our McDonald's here is better than what I've heard from other places. (Still not very good biscuits though...)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hardee's / CarlsJr.
do you have to get up really early to make breakfast though?

What time do you serve it, or is it one of those all day breakfasts. At mcDonalds, they would switch the menu to lunch at 10:30

Good if you a morning person I suppose! I dont really like getting up in the dark to go to work though. Its disconcerting.

Oct 23, 2021
S.W. Missouri
do you have to get up really early to make breakfast though?

What time do you serve it, or is it one of those all day breakfasts. At mcDonalds, they would switch the menu to lunch at 10:30

Good if you a morning person I suppose! I dont really like getting up in the dark to go to work though. Its disconcerting.
i do get up really early...
i worker evenings/nights for 30+ yrs in nursing facilities. used to not be able to get up before 11am my whole life it seems. now the last 4-5 yrs, i am up every morning at 3am no matter what. so i spend and hour in prayer and such, go in at 4am and start making biscuits for breakfast, we serve that until 10:30am (11:00 on weekends)

it's odd

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i do get up really early...
i worker evenings/nights for 30+ yrs in nursing facilities. used to not be able to get up before 11am my whole life it seems. now the last 4-5 yrs, i am up every morning at 3am no matter what. so i spend and hour in prayer and such, go in at 4am and start making biscuits for breakfast, we serve that until 10:30am (11:00 on weekends)

it's odd
I write at night when everyone else is asleep, its better so Im not disturbed

I find it interesting to find out different occupations.

I never assume everyone has a 9-5 office job. But thats what a lot of ppl think a 'real' job is.

I have also fallen asleep at the desk when I had an office job...it was so boring!!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Are Biscuits the same as cookies

just wondering.

I am imagining what its like to work in the cookie time factory. Wouldnt you just get sick of cookies? I imagine the temptation to sample the wares would be too much.

Its like how in some libraries librarians are not allowed to read books on the job and get told off if they do.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
2 more weeks to go and then a long break from the classroom :)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
4 more weeks for me...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
may not have this job next year arrrgh

not really sure what I'll do...work for free? been there done that and starved (kind of) .

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well
having a holiday first would be my priority

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
Didn't know there was a thread like this - good thread.

I used to work grocery delivery job last year for about 3-4 months and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Wake up early, be at ready at the parking lot in the mall, get to watch beautiful sunrise while having fellowship with God. I love driving and got to go to lot of places I didn't know exist, got some good tips (and felt really appreciated), and lost 10 pounds! The best part was being able to spend as much time as I wanted to with God in the morning without having to worry about clocking in or be at the desk by 9. That was some good time I had and will always cherish/treasure it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Am considering Local Pizza delivery as a sideline...