KJV adding to the Word.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cup-of-Ruin

Greetings,

"Every word of God is pure: He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar." Proverbs 30:5-6

There are of course many mistranslations in the KJV but what is worse is when words are added to the Bible that were never in original scripture, if it's been added by man, no matter who it is then it's been added and should be deleted....

Acts 17:26-27. KJV.

"And hath made of one [blood] all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they may feel after Him, and find Him, though He may be not far from every one of us."

The word 'blood' has been added to this verse by the writers, the orginal text omits this word and reads; 'And hath made by One every race of men to dwell upon the whole face of the earth'. The great bible scholar E.W. Bullinger writes in his notes for the KJV Companion Bible that the word 'blood' is omitted from the text and the One means either Adam or the dust from which Adam was formed.

This is not an interpretation but a clear cut case of adding to the word of God. These verses are full of meaning and are very important and we need to get as close to the truth as we possibly can and that is why several Bible translation do not include the word 'blood', as well many translators correctly render 'nations' from the Greek word ethnos as 'race', and indeed if we consult Stong's Exhuastive Concordance we find that is correct.

Strong's - #1484. ethnos; a race (as of the same habit), i.e a tribe.

KJV by using the word 'nations' is misleading and ethnos in a biblical sense and even more so in a strict Greek linguistic definition does mean those of a particular race who have formed a tribe and practice the same habit. A nation of course can include many tribes, many customs and different races.

You will notice that when we get closer to the word of God and strip away what is misleading and what has been unfortunately added, verses become more complex and the meanings become even deeper, and this is where study and prayer matter, for it is the Holy Ghost that can reveal the truth of the Bible and help us to understand and lead us further, those who truly seek after God with all their hearts.

Jan 8, 2009
No, the KJV is perfect in every way. If the KJV was good enough for the apostles it's good enough for me!! J/k.

Jan 31, 2009
No, the KJV is perfect in every way. If the KJV was good enough for the apostles it's good enough for me!! J/k.
I am sorry I love the KingJames Bible the authorized version for almost 400 years now , But it was not around when the orginal apostles were but the Manuscript that is translated from may have been since it comes from antioch, where the apostles hung out a lot. unlike the manuscripts that most modern day preversions whose manuscripts came from Eygpt( alexandria)

C

Cup-of-Ruin

I am sorry I love the KingJames Bible the authorized version for almost 400 years now , But it was not around when the orginal apostles were but the Manuscript that is translated from may have been since it comes from antioch, where the apostles hung out a lot. unlike the manuscripts that most modern day preversions whose manuscripts came from Eygpt( alexandria)
But I just showed you a clear cut error, Paul never wrote the word 'blood' why should I accept what is clearly a blatant error, it is a fact that the original Greek text that the KJV is taken from does not include the word 'blood' it says 'by One' now that is completely different, and it is a error on the part of the KJV writers whether it is deliberate or not, it must now be deleted and the correct words given, it's is simple as that. You cannot add to the Word.....

Dec 24, 2008
What the King James Version endeavors to do is to let you know what words have been added to the text by the translators by putting those added words in italics. They unfortunately did not do that for ALL of the words that were added.

This is why there is confusion in 1 Corinthians 12:1 with the word gifts.
The word "spiritual" in 1 Corinthians 12:1 is "pneumatikos" which literally means, "things of the spirit", or "spiritual things or matters". This would certainly include, but is not limited to, gifts.

Still, the King James Version is a great help, because all the other Bible translations and versions do not give you any clue at all to what words they added to theirs.

Bless you all
You are God's best.

Status
Not open for further replies.