Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Which means that they could have had a just decision in less than an hour. But we should not be surprised if they decide to play politics and surrender to the Leftist mobs.
Actually from what is being asked it looks like they do have a few politically slanted members on the jury pool and are looking to remove each of their arguments (based in fantasy) with reality.

There's a lot of evidence and witness testimony...

A lot of people assign "gun guilt" to a defendant... meaning simply because he had a gun he must be guilty.
(Media driven logic)
And it takes a lot of evidence to remove that from consideration.

so at this point don't hold deliberations as anything other than that. Jury's are a complex set of group dynamics. As they look at the evidence there's a group dynamic that happens...the more evidence, the better things are generally speaking. Especially since the first thing asked for was the laws concerning self defense.

They are going to get to a consensus...some people don't assimilate information in a usable fashion as quickly as others. They assimilate it...just not in a usable fashion.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
People also bring up the lousy prosecuting attorney.
Prosecutor's take an oath of office for the truth... doesn't matter what the truth is the prosecutor must get at it. Even if it means scuttling his case.
(But they all want to win too)

Enter the Mayor and Governor into the mix and the Mayor's cousin (investigating detective) and you now have a storm of conflicting circumstantial evidence. Because the Mayor and Governor are politically motivated and have brought all kinds of pressure on the prosecutor to win this losing case just to spin it in their favor. The prosecutor knows it's perfect self defense...he just can't do anything about it because of his bosses.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Well ZNP, I really hope you're right. BTW, aren't you the one I was debating with awhile back regarding who would win a war between China and Taiwan?
Could have been. I lived in Taiwan for 8 years and have family over there.

Aug 1, 2021
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

I am from Kenosha, born and raised.
And though I don't live in the town now, several of my family and friends do so I am there quite often.
And you know what's sad?
I see and hear more on this site about Kyle Rittenhouse drama than I do in the town!!!!!! :rolleyes:

You all are acting NO DIFFERENT than all the media that you whine and cry about.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

And though I don't live in the town now, several of my family and friends do so I am there quite often.
And you know what's sad?
I see and hear more on this site about Kyle Rittenhouse drama than I do in the town!!!!!! :rolleyes:

You all are acting NO DIFFERENT than all the media that you whine and cry about.
You might want to avoid a thread titled Kyle Rittenhouse trial, I suspect that all the posts in this thread will be about the trial.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Everyone is mocking the Prosecutor for taking a gun and pointing it at the jury with his finger on the trigger. They think this was a very poor closing technique besides being unsafe and illegal. However, I think the jury got the message, vote against us and we know where you live.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Everyone is mocking the Prosecutor for taking a gun and pointing it at the jury with his finger on the trigger. They think this was a very poor closing technique besides being unsafe and illegal. However, I think the jury got the message, vote against us and we know where you live.
I think he just isn't the brightest crayon in the box
He actually brought up video games when he was cross-examining Rittenhouse
The idea that there's a correlation between video games and violence has been debunked for like 20 years now

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The idea that there's a correlation between video games and violence has been debunked for like 20 years now
So you don't think there was an implied threat in what he did supported by the mob outside and the lunatic media on CNN and MSNBC?

S

SophieT

I think he's a desperate buffoon with a side of drama queen. possibly also missing a few

then again, he could have been the youngest of 10 and thinks the world is all about him

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019

And you know what's sad?

I know, right? How dare we have an invested interest in a case that will determine whether or not we will have the right to defend ourselves from violent criminals. The gall!

No different than the media? We're discussing the evidence and the evidence is pretty cut and dry. The media twists and stretches truth--they're compulsive liars. Are you seriously saying a group of Christians, concerned about the TRUTH being told and JUSTICE being done, can be compared to a lying media???

As an aside, this is the only thread I've seen on this topic so I'm not sure where you're hearing all the "drama" here. You wanna see some drama, go check out the 42 threads on the vaccine or the vaccine being the Mark of the Beast. :LOL:

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
So you don't think there was an implied threat in what he did supported by the mob outside and the lunatic media on CNN and MSNBC?
I don't think he was trying to threaten. I think HE thought he was making a dramatic point. Instead, he just made himself out to be an idiot who knows ZERO about gun safety.

P

PrivateBadge45

I have an idea: how about we stop with all the hyperbole and stick with the facts
and let the legal system run it's course?

Love him or not, the Rittenhouse case is frought with attacks by both Christian's and
non-christian's. Christians because of their differences in Biblical opinion. They think
all guns are evil, therefore sinful, and only sinful people use them. I've actually heard
a few believers say that. They claim that God will protect you, or His angels, and it is
considered the height of arrogance to not believe and trust in the Lord to protect us.

Non-christian's: self-explanatory.

The out-of-control mobs are threatening the jurists, just as they've done in the past.
They have been overwhelmingly successful in the past in influencing judicial and/or
jury rulings because a few cowards in the jury box preferred to keep the peace, rather
then dispense justice the way it should have been!!!

If you're a coward, you should not be allowed to serve on a jury.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I have an idea: how about we stop with all the hyperbole and stick with the facts
and let the legal system run it's course?

Love him or not, the Rittenhouse case is frought with attacks by both Christian's and
non-christian's. Christians because of their differences in Biblical opinion. They think
all guns are evil, therefore sinful, and only sinful people use them. I've actually heard
a few believers say that. They claim that God will protect you, or His angels, and it is
considered the height of arrogance to not believe and trust in the Lord to protect us.

Non-christian's: self-explanatory.

The out-of-control mobs are threatening the jurists, just as they've done in the past.
They have been overwhelmingly successful in the past in influencing judicial and/or
jury rulings because a few cowards in the jury box preferred to keep the peace, rather
then dispense justice the way it should have been!!!

If you're a coward, you should not be allowed to serve on a jury.
Now you do bring up a good point.

Christians usually are part of the group all about the 2nd amendment rights...they definitely believe in them. Where they don't bring their guns to church on Sunday very often...they do believe in them and use them and believe in their use for protection.
However...
They believe that God will protect them from a highly contagious virus and believe that protection from the virus by a vaccine is an affront to God.

And yet see no duality by this.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I don't think he was trying to threaten. I think HE thought he was making a dramatic point. Instead, he just made himself out to be an idiot who knows ZERO about gun safety.
If this was a scene in a movie you know it would be an implied threat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Doesn't help that one of the key witnesses was caught lying on the witness stand

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Doesn't help that one of the key witnesses was caught lying on the witness stand
The man who was shot was caught lying on national TV directly contradicting his sworn testimony.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I own a gun and many in my family are or were in the armed forces.

I'm concerned this case may set a poor precedent. How many of us want 17 year-olds driving from 20 miles away to patrol our streets with ARs?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I own a gun and many in my family are or were in the armed forces.

I'm concerned this case may set a poor precedent. How many of us want 17 year-olds driving from 20 miles away to patrol our streets with ARs?
I agree, I'd rather have police patrol the streets. Oh well, I guess they should have thought of that while protesting to "defund the police".