Ladies what do you think of a guy with a beard?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beloved57
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

UMMM Tribesman,

I can see at least one reason why a beard may not always be a good thing. Working around machinery for one. Getting things caught in a machine that does not belong there is NOT a pretty picture.

He must be anti military too. No beards allowed. No hair longer then 1 inch. And then of course ethnicity plays a role, so an ethnic person who cant grow manly man beards is apparently not being Godly. LOL! Cmon get a clue.
 
...I wish I could have been the second poster...but I'll slip this in anyway...

...bear in mind, before you respond, that I, too, have a beard...just sayin'. ^_~
 
Mustaches are fine with the right bone structure and upkeep. Some men are very attractive without beards , and look funny with one. It all depends on the person.
 
My last girlfriend wanted me to grow I beard.

I told her beards could be grown all different ways,
and I asked her what exactly she wanted it to cover.
She said, "Everything."
: )
 
My last girlfriend wanted me to grow I beard.

I told her beards could be grown all different ways,
and I asked her what exactly she wanted it to cover.
She said, "Everything."
: )
Hahaha awesome.
 
Whatever. Looks matter, I know, but, beards, hmmm, I think, that you should be comfortable in your own skin and I will leave it at that. I've had 'em, not had 'em, and, as some say, it's just the way God made some, their beards don't look perfect but a girl who will distinguish you, ultimately, won't do it solely based on your beard, in fact, it will be a very little factor when combined with personality. The latter wins over all, and, it better be 'godly' if you're a Christian guy.
The Lord leads :)
 
I have no problem with guys having beards but the goatie thingy is atrocious.... I hope nobody gets offended...:)
 
My last girlfriend wanted me to grow I beard.

I told her beards could be grown all different ways,
and I asked her what exactly she wanted it to cover.
She said, "Everything."
: )

What does that say about her opinion of you?

Perhaps this might have helped?

paper_bag_head_275.jpg
 
My last girlfriend wanted me to grow I beard.

I told her beards could be grown all different ways,
and I asked her what exactly she wanted it to cover.
She said, "Everything."
: )

UMM But Maxwell,if she wanted you to cover everything,wouldn't you look like this?


tumblr_m9p1ixla5a1rqqpkfo1_500.jpg
 
I have no problem with guys having beards but the goatie thingy is atrocious.... I hope nobody gets offended...:)

Too late, now you just offended me ! :)
For unknown reasons ( genetic maybe ? ) I was never able to grow a full beard,
and even full mustaches; so I just have a very frustrating small goatee and stubble :mad:
But if I was able to grow a full beard, I would do it in a heartbeat ! :D
 
The law of God implies that men should wear a beard (see for example Lev.19:27). We are created thus and are to respect it

Not to disagree with your post, tribesman, because I like your beard... but I'm part native american, French and English. That means what sparse and intermittent fur on my face I actually have comes in patchwork locations like mutton chops and ends in a tiny forked beard at the tip of my chin. It's my personal choice to shave my beard off out of self-respect - as bad as that may sound to someone who's never seen it...

But I also believe that if the Bible were telling us not to ever shave our beards then it wouldn't have a law that tells us to shave our beards after the completion of a Nazarite vow. I believe there are two locations in the Bible that tell us not to cut the edges of our beards, and at least one of them has the supplementary "for the dead". So I usually assume the other means for the dead as well because of the Nazarite vow. Just my opinion. I believe it's possible that we're not supposed to shave our beards (in which case we shouldn't even trim them - that is, cut the edges). However, my current position is that not shaving one's beard for any reason is not what the rule talks about. And God almighty and merciful help me if I'm wrong, because I'm going to look pretty messed up. Believe me. I've tried it before.

As a side note, Native Americans do not have beards and are therefore not created that way. Nor would Jews ever want to circumcise themselves if they wanted to keep themselves the way they were originally created.
 
Last edited:
Also, since this is in the Singles forum I should follow this up with a quick complaint, because what woman doesn't like to hear her man gripe and whine? It's also my choice to reserve myself for a Messianic Jew, because I have Jewish heritage and identify with that sect of Judaism that believes in Christ. However, a lot of Messianic Jews take your position, tribesman. So when they see my clean-shaven face I can't help but feeling it's like a mark of dishonor. But if they saw my beard it'd be the same. lol At any rate, maybe Rogaine works on chins.
 
This thread needs some beard art:

beard buffalo.jpg
home, home on the range....

beard abstract.jpg
gotta love that abstract art

beard spiderbeard.jpg
Spiderbeard, spiderbeard
 
Not to disagree with your post, tribesman, because I like your beard... but I'm part native american, French and English. That means what sparse and intermittent fur on my face I actually have comes in patchwork locations like mutton chops and ends in a tiny forked beard at the tip of my chin. It's my personal choice to shave my beard off out of self-respect - as bad as that may sound to someone who's never seen it...

But I also believe that if the Bible were telling us not to ever shave our beards then it wouldn't have a law that tells us to shave our beards after the completion of a Nazarite vow. I believe there are two locations in the Bible that tell us not to cut the edges of our beards, and at least one of them has the supplementary "for the dead". So I usually assume the other means for the dead as well because of the Nazarite vow. Just my opinion. I believe it's possible that we're not supposed to shave our beards (in which case we shouldn't even trim them - that is, cut the edges). However, my current position is that not shaving one's beard for any reason is not what the rule talks about. And God almighty and merciful help me if I'm wrong, because I'm going to look pretty messed up. Believe me. I've tried it before.

As a side note, Native Americans do not have beards and are therefore not created that way. Nor would Jews ever want to circumcise themselves if they wanted to keep themselves the way they were originally created.

Rejoice !
At the time of first resurrection, you will have a full grown beard at the image of Jesus the new Adam!
I long for that heavenly day to come ! To not have a full grown beard as a man is no fun.

But I deal daily with it on my current pilgrimage in the valley of the shadow of the death !