Laodicea

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shandy

Sep 12, 2020
A person who goes days and weeks even months without thinking about God or what God desires until this person suddenly needs God to get them out of a jam

A person who has God on their mind but still is trying to enjoy both worlds of life.

A person that walks into a public place and the enemy of God inside the non believers will suddenly take notice because they're in Danger!
Love this especially the hot.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
You need historical context for this.

To the north of Laodicea, Hierapolis was located on therapeutic hot springs.
To the south, Colossae had cold springs of clean, drinkable water.

Laodicea had problems with its water supply, which was brought in by aqueduct
from a few miles away. By the time the water reached Laodicea,
it had become lukewarm. It was at times tepid, unclean, and undrinkable.

It could cause illness, so that you might want to spit or vomit it out,
as Jesus is says he might do, metaphorically, with the entire Laodicean church.
Laodicea seems to have absorbed the lifestyle of the wealthy and elite of the city.
They had a kind of social sickness rendering them neither hot nor cold.
Not good for anything, in a spiritual sense.
Kinda like those that believe the prosperity gospel, otherwise known as the name-it-&-claim-it group?

Shandy

Sep 12, 2020
Kinda like those that believe the prosperity gospel, otherwise known as the name-it-&-claim-it group?
Hi Edify, I know you are addressing Lucy, but can you tell me what that is, I have never heard of it.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Can you describe each of these people for me please?
In the context of Revelation 3, neither hot nor cold means neither a genuine believer nor an outright unbeliever. Just a person who professes to be a Christian, but has not been converted and born again. A mere professor. How do we know this? Study Rev 3:18,19: Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Wretched = Condemned to Hell
Miserable = Enslaved in sin
Poor = Devoid of Christ and His spiritual riches
Blind = Devoid of the Holy Spirit and unable to understand spiritual things
Naked = Devoid of the robe of righteousness given to those who are justified by grace through faith.

These are not the characteristics of the children of God, no matter how poor they are materially, or in what kind of terrible external circumstances they are in.