Late 30s still single

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 23, 2022
I am late 30s single never had kids and never even married. For much of my life I felt no real desire to marry but that changed a couple of years ago. Is it too late to marry? Is it too late to have kids (realistically?) I would appreciate any posts weighing in on this question. However to limit thread hijacking please no responses on how you like being single or how marriage isn't God's will for everyone. I am just looking for feedback regarding these specific questions.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
My dad was 45 when I was born, his first, and only, biological child, second marriage. My cousin was almost 60 the first time he married and now has two kids.

Never too late to marry. There is no limit.
As for having kids later, I think that's trickier. There are more things to consider before making the choice. But still doable.
Also the age of the woman you marry can affect the decision.

I think what makes it hard to give a complete answer is not knowing whether or not you'll be Able to marry, or at least in a more realistic time frame. I am 47 and never married, yet used to believe I'd be married in my early 20s.

If you're looking to start finding someone in your late 30s that puts a time pressure on you to find someone, which increases your risk of making a bad decision and ending up in a bad marriage.
So it may benefit you to both prepare yourself for the possibility of marriage and children, as well as remaining single.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I am late 30s single never had kids and never even married. For much of my life I felt no real desire to marry but that changed a couple of years ago. Is it too late to marry? Is it too late to have kids (realistically?) I would appreciate any posts weighing in on this question. However to limit thread hijacking please no responses on how you like being single or how marriage isn't God's will for everyone. I am just looking for feedback regarding these specific questions.
Love the last statement about your questions.

But... I would say it is most certainly not too late for you.

Oct 21, 2022
On my point of view…now that you’re having a desire to get married God awaken your desire in your heart💓💓Getting married on your younger years or later years doesn’t guarantee you’ll have children. They are a blessing and bonus from God.God’s timing is always perfect and on time.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Howdy caduceus. Does that mean you used to be a doctor, nurse, ambulance driver...?

As to whether what you suddenly find you want is feasible or even possible - I've seen everything happen. It'll take a good bit more effort, and you'll probably be sixty before the first kid is out of the house (if you find a girl and start right now) but it's doable.

I suggest you ask in the Family Forum though. You might get better advice there than you would from a group of single folks. ;) I mean... what do WE know about relationships?

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
If you're able to imagine yourself being married no it's not too late. I know my uncle who is in his 70s, he was recently married. It really has to do with what you believe and not so much on logic because i have seen people with perfect conditions self sabotage over trivial stuff.