Lauren Daigle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 12, 2013
What do you think about what Lauren Daigle claiming that she doesn't know if homosexuality is a sin or not?

G

Gracie_14

I have to check into it to see exactly what she said. I really admired Lauren Daigle (and still do)...her music...showed her passion for God. But, she has done a few compromising things...I can't say I'm judging her...but she seems caught up in the world if you will. I love her music...but, I'm unsure anymore...

G

Gracie_14

Here's what the Nati asked her and her response...

“Do you feel that homosexuality is a sin?” Nati, whose broadcast is aired on iHeart Radio, asked forthrightly.

“You know, I can’t honestly answer on that, in the sense of I have too many people that I love—that they are homosexuals,”

“I don’t know. I actually had a conversation with someone last night about it. I can’t say one way or the other. I’m not God,” she continued. “So, when people ask questions like that, that’s what my go to is. Like, I just say, ‘Read the Bible and find out for yourself. And when you find out, let me know because I’m learning too.'”

She obviously knows that the Bible clearly says that homosexuality is a sin...but she doesn't admit it...she says to go and look in the Bible yourself...I don't know what to think honestly...

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014

“Do you feel that homosexuality is a sin?” Nati, whose broadcast is aired on iHeart Radio, asked forthrightly.

“You know, I can’t honestly answer on that, in the sense of I have too many people that I love—that they are homosexuals,”

“I don’t know. I actually had a conversation with someone last night about it. I can’t say one way or the other. I’m not God,” she continued. “So, when people ask questions like that, that’s what my go to is. Like, I just say, ‘Read the Bible and find out for yourself. And when you find out, let me know because I’m learning too.'”

She obviously knows that the Bible clearly says that homosexuality is a sin...but she doesn't admit it...she says to go and look in the Bible yourself...I don't know what to think honestly...
Maybe she is afraid to come right out and say it's a sin because it may damage her status and fan base and cause an uproar. Our mainstream society is hostile to those (especially if you are a celebrity) who say that homosexuality is a sin. They view that as being hateful! Phil Robertson (from Duck Dynasty) took a lot of heat when he shared his belief that homosexuality is a sin in the January issue of GQ magazine around 4 years ago. A&E Networks even suspended Phil from appearing in the mega-hit reality TV show "Duck Dynasty" afterwards. - https://www.christianpost.com/news/...robertson-but-doesnt-condone-his-remarks.html

G

Gracie_14

Maybe she is afraid to come right out and say it's a sin because it may damage her status and fan base and cause an uproar. Our mainstream society is hostile to those (especially if you are a celebrity) who say that homosexuality is a sin. They view that as being hateful! Phil Robertson (from Duck Dynasty) took a lot of heat when he shared his belief that homosexuality is a sin in the January issue of GQ magazine around 4 years ago. A&E Networks even suspended Phil from appearing in the mega-hit reality TV show "Duck Dynasty" afterwards. - https://www.christianpost.com/news/...robertson-but-doesnt-condone-his-remarks.html
That is so true...I forgot to mention that actually. The media are definitely hostile. You can ask yourself.... what if I find myself in that situation...how would I respond?

And yes, I heard about Phil Roberston's experience...it wasn't pretty for sure.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
What do you think about what Lauren Daigle claiming that she doesn't know if homosexuality is a sin or not?
I think that if she truly unsure if homosexuality is a sin or not then she is unsure about it and should not be judged for telling the truth about what she believes about this subject. Christians have different beliefs and opinions about different topics. I think that even if she had answered the question do you believe homosexuality is a sin with either a yes or a no, she may have still received criticism. Basically anyway you answer that question, you are likely to receive a least some negative feedback no matter what.

Aug 12, 2013

It is a rough spot. because if she says the truth, she knows she is going to be hated by the majority of people, and they may start to call her hateful.

Basically she is saying she doesn't want to come off hateful against LGBT people. But telling someone what God says is right or wrong doesn't mean you hate someone.

Aug 12, 2013
I think that if she truly unsure if homosexuality is a sin or not then she is unsure about it and should not be judged for telling the truth about what she believes about this subject. Christians have different beliefs and opinions about different topics. I think that even if she had answered the question do you believe homosexuality is a sin with either a yes or a no, she may have still received criticism. Basically anyway you answer that question, you are likely to receive a least some negative feedback no matter what.
In today's society with all the LGBT stuff going on, and her being a Christian, and at least 1 verse being perfectly clear it's a sin, there's only a few possibilities why she said that.

1. She's lying for fame and knows it.
2. The Holy Spirit isn't bringing out her conscience, which God told us he would speak through us
3. She hasn't read the entire Bible for sure or at least that part
4. She doesn't want to be hated, looked down upon, etc.

A Christian with Christ-like common sense would know this naturally by the spirit.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
In today's society with all the LGBT stuff going on, and her being a Christian, and at least 1 verse being perfectly clear it's a sin, there's only a few possibilities why she said that.

1. She's lying for fame and knows it.
2. The Holy Spirit isn't bringing out her conscience, which God told us he would speak through us
3. She hasn't read the entire Bible for sure or at least that part
4. She doesn't want to be hated, looked down upon, etc.

A Christian with Christ-like common sense would know this naturally by the spirit.
I believe it is best not to assume things when it comes to if someone is lying. I am not sure either way if she is being truthful but I don't see any real and tangible proof she is being insincere. Perhaps she has read the bible all the way but question how it harms others when two adults of the same gender are in a romantic relationship. That is another possibly that may be true or may not be true in her situation. Also there are people who have same sex attraction but try to resist. Is it wrong to struggle with same sex attraction? This is still a question about homosexuality but not the practice of it. Think of it this way, when we judge or put others down for their beliefs, is that showing the love of Jesus to others?

Aug 12, 2013
I believe it is best not to assume things when it comes to if someone is lying. I am not sure either way if she is being truthful but I don't see any real and tangible proof she is being insincere. Perhaps she has read the bible all the way but question how it harms others when two adults of the same gender are in a romantic relationship. That is another possibly that may be true or may not be true in her situation. Also there are people who have same sex attraction but try to resist. Is it wrong to struggle with same sex attraction? This is still a question about homosexuality but not the practice of it. Think of it this way, when we judge or put others down for their beliefs, is that showing the love of Jesus to others?
I agree we shouldn't assume by picking one of the options and believe it without full proof- but these are the only possibilities. It doesn't mean that I have assumed which option she fits in yet. But I believe it must be one of these if she is claiming to be a Christian and saying these words before the world

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
God is no respector of persons and He can save anyone. 🤷‍♀️

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018

It is not showing the Love of Jesus.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Heh. I don’t know if you are allowed to eat duck. (Bird?) Duck soup?

Wait now that i brought it up. Are you allowed to eat snake?

New Forum/New Thread/Peter’s revelation

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Homosexuality is a sin in both testaments, and condemned. The sin, not the person. People can repent of this sin like any other!

But for Daigle to say she doesn't know, says she does NOT read her Bible, not from cover to cover, anyway.

God is love, but he is also just. That is why he sent Jesus. Because a price for sin is demanded, and he paid the price!

But when you start in on God only being love, you miss a major portion of who God is. You miss the majority of the story of the Bible, I challenge anyone who is unsure, to read the whole Bible from cover to cover. I know you will find a God of love, who also demands justice!

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Why has the question "What do you think of sodomy?" become the acid test of whether or not a person deserves to live without harassment in this world?

What a screwed up planet and world system we live in.

L

LPT

Homosexuality is a sin in both testaments, and condemned. The sin, not the person. People can repent of this sin like any other!

But for Daigle to say she doesn't know, says she does NOT read her Bible, not from cover to cover, anyway.

God is love, but he is also just. That is why he sent Jesus. Because a price for sin is demanded, and he paid the price!

But when you start in on God only being love, you miss a major portion of who God is. You miss the majority of the story of the Bible, I challenge anyone who is unsure, to read the whole Bible from cover to cover. I know you will find a God of love, who also demands justice!
I agree the Bible is pretty clear about that, if a person is not sure about that IMO that is sitting on the fence, Luke warm.

L

LPT

I seen this commercial not long ago, and this crap is garbage, this is what is happening in this world trying to push the exceptance of homosexual activity’s, I about puked when I saw this sneaking in two men playing. and it was on public TV channel.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
The question that Lauren Dailge was given was a hard question, not because it is not talked about in the bible but the potential backlash that may result from her answer. Whether she answered yes or no or I am not sure, she would likely have received criticism from others. I understand the bible teaches against homosexual behaviors and I know Lauren Dailge said she was unsure if homosexuality was wrong. However, anyone who receives so much judgement after answering a question honestly and can still have a positive attitude through it should be praised.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I'm certainly glad that no one has to live up to MY belief system for me to enjoy their music...

I would simply answer "I believe what the word of God says about it" and leave it at that.