Lauren Daigle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The question that Lauren Dailge was given was a hard question, not because it is not talked about in the bible but the potential backlash that may result from her answer. Whether she answered yes or no or I am not sure, she would likely have received criticism from others. I understand the bible teaches against homosexual behaviors and I know Lauren Dailge said she was unsure if homosexuality was wrong. However, anyone who receives so much judgement after answering a question honestly and can still have a positive attitude through it should be praised.
This is called compromise. He who is not for me is against me! If all you care about is your so-called fans, instead of God's will, are you really a Christian?

These are important questions we all need to ask ourselves. Is living in this world, with its changing standards, it's fickleness, and the despair that comes from living outside God's law, without hope, more important than living ethically, according to God's Word?

I feel sorry for Lauren Daigle, who puts money and fame over living for God.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
This is called compromise. He who is not for me is against me! If all you care about is your so-called fans, instead of God's will, are you really a Christian?

These are important questions we all need to ask ourselves. Is living in this world, with its changing standards, it's fickleness, and the despair that comes from living outside God's law, without hope, more important than living ethically, according to God's Word?

I feel sorry for Lauren Daigle, who puts money and fame over living for God.
How do you know Lauren Dailge's motivation for answering the way she did was over money or fame? To me it sounded like she answered the question honestly not because she wanted money or popularity. People can see the outside ( words, deeds, emotions such as when someone is in tears or happy as an example) but only God can see the heart and know it fully. Just let God be judge because he knows all and is just. One day everyone of us will have to give an account to God for our words and what we do here.

L

LPT

I think that if she truly unsure if homosexuality is a sin or not then she is unsure about it and should not be judged for telling the truth about what she believes about this subject. Christians have different beliefs and opinions about different topics. I think that even if she had answered the question do you believe homosexuality is a sin with either a yes or a no, she may have still received criticism. Basically anyway you answer that question, you are likely to receive a least some negative feedback no matter what.
I never knew about this topic until this thread, but I’m not going to stop listening to the music because she is unsure about it, indeed I would like to see her come to her senses and really understand the truth about it. it’s possible that all this new age acceptance is influencing her thoughts or she maybe attracted to the same sex thus a reason why she is unsure.

I understand what you mean about receiving criticism in either saying yes or no but I don’t think that should be a measure to keep someone from speaking Jesus received many criticism but that never stopped him from speaking.

there is a lot of people today who are saying people should accept the behavior even to point of it being a hate crime. IMO then it should be hate crime if people are against people who don’t believe in the behavior but surely that is not going to happen the modern world is trying to push Christianity out the door. Christian rights to believe in what they believe is slowing deteriorating. like the guy who didn’t want to make the cake for a homosexual wedding, people chewed the guy up and down why I don’t understand why can’t he believe in what he believes he has every right to believe in that but sadly one day Christians probably won’t have that right anymore. because of the pushing of the new age acceptance now a days.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Daigle has said enough odd things in national interviews, that whatever she may or may not be... she shouldn't be considered a role model for Christians.

It's probably safe to also apply that statement to the majority of artists in CCM.

I'm genuinely trying to be gracious. If you think my statement was harsh, then you haven't heard enough of her interviews.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
How do you know Lauren Dailge's motivation for answering the way she did was over money or fame? To me it sounded like she answered the question honestly not because she wanted money or popularity. People can see the outside ( words, deeds, emotions such as when someone is in tears or happy as an example) but only God can see the heart and know it fully. Just let God be judge because he knows all and is just. One day everyone of us will have to give an account to God for our words and what we do here.
There are two options here:
1. She really has no idea what the Bible says. Therefore, she has not read it. She has not been exposed to the truth. I started reading the Bible through from the day I was saved. Well, maybe a bit before, since I was searching for God. I don't know how long Lauren has been a Christian, but it is incumbent upon ALL of us to read the Bible and learn what God says, about how to live. Lauren has not done that. That is either a worldly Christian, or lukewarm, like someone else said.

2. She knows what the Bible says, but is pretending she doesn't. What is her motive for lying? Like you say, I do not know her motives! But, there are only so many possibilities. I was a professional musician for 10 years. It is your livelihood. You make accommodations for your fans. You try and please them. Like saying what you think they and the entire media circus want your to say.

Fame and money is always a motivation. I have never met a single professional musician that it was not. Of course, we all loved music. We would not have been musicians if we did not. But, the reason we went out and became professionals was because we thought we had something to offer. And we hoped what we offered would be rewarded. But, I could somehow be wrong about her motivations. But, the fact still stands, if she she knows the truth, that homosexuality is wrong, and she has lied about it, for whatever motivation, then she is a liar.

Your choice, lukewarm Christian or liar!

L

LPT

This band is kind of strange indeed and Excuse me for posting this video but there is some truth in it. the devil in the video is the business man, modern society are the people eating it up in the main stage lust and greed with plastic wrapped around their heads, and the ones standing silent with their mouths sewn shut is what is happening to Christianity IMO I’m just using the video for an example, the secular modern world doesn’t want to hear their voice. the incoming rocket will it don’t take a rocket scientist to know who that represents IMO.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Daigle has said enough odd things in national interviews, that whatever she may or may not be... she shouldn't be considered a role model for Christians.

It's probably safe to also apply that statement to the majority of artists in CCM.

I'm genuinely trying to be gracious. If you think my statement was harsh, then you haven't heard enough of her interviews.

There are two options here:
1. She really has no idea what the Bible says. Therefore, she has not read it. She has not been exposed to the truth. I started reading the Bible through from the day I was saved. Well, maybe a bit before, since I was searching for God. I don't know how long Lauren has been a Christian, but it is incumbent upon ALL of us to read the Bible and learn what God says, about how to live. Lauren has not done that. That is either a worldly Christian, or lukewarm, like someone else said.

2. She knows what the Bible says, but is pretending she doesn't. What is her motive for lying? Like you say, I do not know her motives! But, there are only so many possibilities. I was a professional musician for 10 years. It is your livelihood. You make accommodations for your fans. You try and please them. Like saying what you think they and the entire media circus want your to say.

Fame and money is always a motivation. I have never met a single professional musician that it was not. Of course, we all loved music. We would not have been musicians if we did not. But, the reason we went out and became professionals was because we thought we had something to offer. And we hoped what we offered would be rewarded. But, I could somehow be wrong about her motivations. But, the fact still stands, if she she knows the truth, that homosexuality is wrong, and she has lied about it, for whatever motivation, then she is a liar.

Your choice, lukewarm Christian or liar!
There are more than those two choices of lukewarm or liar in my opinion. There are also those who are still learning( Lauren said she is still learning) in their faith and also those who still have questions and maybe even doubts. I know what it is like to have questions and also doubts. Part of the reason I may have looked into apologetics before may have been due to doubts. I don't know enough about Lauren Dailge to say either way if she is lukewarm in her faith. That is between her and the Lord. If she has not been in the bible as much as she should, I also have been through a time of hardly ever reading the bible. It can be very easy for myself to get distracted by other things. I have a goal to read the bible all the way and I am making progress on that. It is too late for me to finish my it this year but I already have a lot read for next year.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
There are more than those two choices of lukewarm or liar in my opinion. There are also those who are still learning( Lauren said she is still learning) in their faith and also those who still have questions and maybe even doubts. I know what it is like to have questions and also doubts. Part of the reason I may have looked into apologetics before may have been due to doubts. I don't know enough about Lauren Dailge to say either way if she is lukewarm in her faith. That is between her and the Lord. If she has not been in the bible as much as she should, I also have been through a time of hardly ever reading the bible. It can be very easy for myself to get distracted by other things. I have a goal to read the bible all the way and I am making progress on that. It is too late for me to finish my it this year but I already have a lot read for next year.
I just noticed in this post I accidentally quoted two posts and only meant to quote one. Whoops. 😶

CherieR

May 6, 2017

What are some examples of her interviews where she said odd things? What is the CCM? I don't remember hearing about them.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Why we need to stop "holding up" Christian musicians:

There is just no reason to assume that someone you don't know AT ALL, who sings a nice song, is necessarily a good Christian.

Protections:
God, in the NT, put many levels of authority and assessment in place to protect us from false pastors... and yet with all these protections, false pastors still slip through the cracks.
But in the music industry, there are no levels of authority and assessment, no protections... none at all.
NONE.

If "bad people" slip into the ranks of Christian pastors where there is so much oversight, then think how easy it must be for "bad people" to slip into the ranks of Christian musicians... where there is no oversight.

This statement is not given to disparage any particular people, but rather, to suggest we rethink our views.

What is a Christian Musician?
The term "Christian musician" is made of two terms: one is easily verifiable, the other is not.
A. Musician: you can easily verify if the person is a musician... just listen to the notes.
B. Christian: you cannot easily verify if the person is a Christian.
Why not?
Being a genuine and sincere believer is something deeply internal, something which can only be verified through a long and sustained pattern of spiritual growth that permeates and colors every aspect of your life.

Pastors, according to the New Testament, are not qualified to be pastors unless they show this pattern of spiritual growth, fruit, and genuineness, in all areas of their life... and to such a degree it's verifiable and measurable.
Musicians, in the modern music industry, have no standards or requirements like a pastor does.
Musicians have no requirements or standards AT ALL.
NONE!

Musicians, out there making music in modern times, have no spiritual requirements or standards at all!

Christian Role Model - a Pastor:

Compare this lack of requirements to all the requiements of a pastors.

- Pastors have theological education.
- You can verify how much education, and from where.
- Pastors have a history of association with specific churches and denominations, which you can verify.
- Pastors have a verifiable history of their interactions, experiences, and different ministerial endeavors in various churches and denominations... starting from the time they were laymen.
- Pastors have to be ordained (approved) by a body of believers with authority to give approval.
- Pastors generally have much accountability and oversight, by the elders, the congregation at large, and possibly other bodies.
- Pastors have to MAINTAIN the same standards of both character and doctrine or their credentials to preach can be removed.

Christian Unknown - a Musician.
A Christian musician has none of this.

You know NOTHING about them... not really.
They don't have to verify anything about themselves, and they don't have any standards to meet as a pastor does.

1. They don't have to show involvement with a particular church or denomination, or even attend any church at all.
2. They don't have to show any theological training, not even the theological training of a 7 year old in Sunday school, none is required.
3.They don't have to show any history of church attendance, ministry, character, or even a simple baptismal record to verify their claim to be a genuine believer.
4. They don't have to be ordained and approved by anyone in spiritual authority.
5. They don't have to submit, with any oversight, to any authority or accountability structure.
6. Finally, because they have no oversight, nothing they do can cause their credentials to be removed... there aren't even any credentials to remove!

Christian Musician = Businessman
Christian musicians are just people with no ministry qualifications who are out selling a product... just like any other business.

* They are no more, and no less, than just humans claiming to be Christians in order to sell stuff to Christians. They are exactly the same as Christian plumbers or Christian lawyers... maybe they're Christians, and maybe they're not.

We shouldn't be so quick to follow and idolize so called "Christians" who have no theological requirements, no authoritative approval or governance, no verifiable history, and no oversight or accountability. It is ridiculous to put them on a pedestal, or consider them role models.

They are just people selling stuff to Christians.
Maybe they're Christians, and maybe they aren't.
Period.

Let's just have a bit of discernment and try seeing things for what they are.

Christian artists require no theological training, no history, no verification of character, no accountability, no oversight, no criteria, and no standards.

We need to stop holding them up so high, and probably...
stop paying attention to them at all.

======

L

LPT

Why we need to stop "holding up" Christian musicians:

There is just no reason to assume that someone you don't know AT ALL, who sings a nice song, is necessarily a good Christian.

Protections:
God, in the NT, put many levels of authority and assessment in place to protect us from false pastors... and yet with all these protections, false pastors still slip through the cracks.
But in the music industry, there are no levels of authority and assessment, no protections... none at all.
NONE.

If "bad people" slip into the ranks of Christian pastors where there is so much oversight, then think how easy it must be for "bad people" to slip into the ranks of Christian musicians... where there is no oversight.

This statement is not given to disparage any particular people, but rather, to suggest we rethink our views.

What is a Christian Musician?
The term "Christian musician" is made of two terms: one is easily verifiable, the other is not.
A. Musician: you can easily verify if the person is a musician... just listen to the notes.
B. Christian: you cannot easily verify if the person is a Christian.
Why not?
Being a genuine and sincere believer is something deeply internal, something which can only be verified through a long and sustained pattern of spiritual growth that permeates and colors every aspect of your life.

Pastors, according to the New Testament, are not qualified to be pastors unless they show this pattern of spiritual growth, fruit, and genuineness, in all areas of their life... and to such a degree it's verifiable and measurable.
Musicians, in the modern music industry, have no standards or requirements like a pastor does.
Musicians have no requirements or standards AT ALL.
NONE!

Musicians, out there making music in modern times, have no spiritual requirements or standards at all!

Christian Role Model - a Pastor:

Compare this lack of requirements to all the requiements of a pastors.

- Pastors have theological education.
- Pastors have a history of association with specific churches and denominations, which you can verify.
- Pastors have a verifiable history of their interactions, experiences, and different ministerial endeavors in various churches and denominations... starting from the time they were laymen.
- Pastors have to be ordained (approved) by a body of believers with authority to give approval.
- Pastors generally have much accountability and oversight, by the elders, the congregation at large, and possibly other bodies.
- Pastors have to MAINTAIN the same standards of both character and doctrine or their credentials to preach can be removed.

Christian Unknown - a Musician.
A Christian musician has none of this.

You know NOTHING about them... not really.
They don't have to verify anything about themselves, and they don't have any standards to meet as a pastor does.

1. They don't have to show involvement with a particular church or denomination, or even attend any church at all.
2. They don't have to show any theological training, not even the theological training of a 7 year old in Sunday school, none is required.
3.They don't have to show any history of church attendance, ministry, character, or even a simple baptismal record to verify their claim to be a genuine believer.
4. They don't have to be ordained and approved by anyone in spiritual authority.
5. They don't have to submit, with any oversight, to any authority or accountability structure.
6. Finally, because they have no oversight, nothing they do can cause their credentials to be removed... there aren't even any credentials to remove!

Christian Musician = Businessman
Christian musicians are just people with no ministry qualifications who are out selling a product... just like any other business.

* They are no more, and no less, than just humans claiming to be Christians in order to sell stuff to Christians. They are exactly the same as Christian plumbers or Christian lawyers... maybe they're Christians, and maybe they're not.

We shouldn't be so quick to follow and idolize so called "Christians" who have no theological requirements, no authoritative approval or governance, no verifiable history, and no oversight or accountability. It is ridiculous to put them on a pedestal, or consider them role models.

They are just people selling stuff to Christians.
Maybe they're Christians, and maybe they aren't.
Period.

Let's just have a bit of discernment and try seeing things for what they are.

Christian artists require no theological training, no history, no verification of character, no accountability, no oversight, no criteria, and no standards.

We need to stop holding them up so high, and probably...
stop paying attention to them at all.

======
In some ways I agree with you and some ways I don’t. In someways we need to stop holding these so called trained pastors up so highly because if their education or approvals by man.

As to these statements God could careless of any of these qualifications below how do I know? Well look at people God used in the Bible most if not all had none of these so called qualifications.

Pastors have theological education.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I was thinking about this, and you are right! There is another option

L

LPT

I’m not saying learning in different ways like bible school or translating techniques is wrong not at all, it’s ok do so and some people learn better that way but some don’t and those both should be recognized.

Aug 12, 2013
Homosexuality is a sin in both testaments, and condemned. The sin, not the person. People can repent of this sin like any other!

But for Daigle to say she doesn't know, says she does NOT read her Bible, not from cover to cover, anyway.

God is love, but he is also just. That is why he sent Jesus. Because a price for sin is demanded, and he paid the price!

But when you start in on God only being love, you miss a major portion of who God is. You miss the majority of the story of the Bible, I challenge anyone who is unsure, to read the whole Bible from cover to cover. I know you will find a God of love, who also demands justice!
Yeah. It's supposed to be part of our job to be prepared to speak truth as Christians when this world comes to ask us what the Lord wants and tells us to do. Lauren was give a wonderful opportunity to be put in front of the world and even recorded where she could have given a good testimony to show she knows the Lord and what the Lord said to their question, but rather she had nothing and well, being such a outlast Christian, it makes it look like we have more understanding how to entertain with music than we know what our Lord said about something that is very clear in scripture. Homosexuality was involved when God flooded the world and was said it will be like the days of Noah with homosexuality and many other things. It tells us men shouldn't sleep with other men, in sexual terms. It also stated that of many categories, homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

When she claimed that she didn't know and we should go find out for ourselves, that's very terrible, but still, I could have told her what scripture said and I just wonder how she would've responded. Even a homosexual would probably know the verse that always gets shoved in their face.

Sadly, she should of known if she truly didn't and she missed an opportunity to glorify the Lord and be a godly example to the world to represent and stand for the truth of the Lord.

L

LPT

True people can learn from a well educated pastor about God but as well people can learn of God from a homeless man with zero education or a sinner.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
No idea why that last post posted!

The other option, is that she has read the Bible and knows what it says. But she has decided that is an OT law, or maybe not relevant to today, or basically fallen hook, line and sinker for the LBGTQ line. So she believes the Bible and therefore God is wrong. Or she believes the Bible is wrong, and God never meant what he said about this issue. Which tarnishes the rest of the Bible, and salvation, too!

But there is there that the fact that she said she didn't know what the Bible said. So, if she doesn't believe homosexuality is wrong, but knew saying that would result in losing lots of conservative Christian fans from buying her music, then it brings us back to lying as the option.

Or maybe she didn't want to lose her gay followers, so she settled on lying as her option, so she could keep them and their money!?

One way or another, the whole thing doesn't look good for her!

And Maxwel, I agree with the serious issue of having no standard for CCM. It is a huge issue, and until people learn to be discerning about the things that matter, these people (not speaking of anyone in particular!) are going to be leading the flock astray, with no one able to rebuke or stop them!