Lauren Daigle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LPT

Yes, but who wrote the NT? Luke was a doctor, and his Greek is a very high level. I have to read Luke and Acts with my lexicon in one hand. But God used him, despite his education and training, which is what you are essentially saying.

Paul was a highly educated former Pharisee, but he was also well trained in Greek rhetoric, philosophy and other things. And yet, God not only used him, he used him because of his background and training. Matthew had to have had some education to be a tax collector.

And then we come to John, the fisherman. His Greek is so simple, we were reading passages in the first semester of Greek. We had excerpts to translate for our final exam, if we pulled that verse. I didn't bother to read it daily, because it was so simple. I prayed, and God told me to read Mark 1. I spent a lot of time memorizing the new words, the verb forms, and yes, it got pulled first try. My professor said no one had ever said yes to Mark 1. Well, I did, and he stopped me to see if I had the English written into my Greek Bible. It wasn't as hard as Luke, but maybe even harder than Matthew and Paul.

Then there is James, who God used in a great way, as leader of the church in Jerusalem, and to write the book of James. His Greek is harder than John. And his message is very different, in some ways, but very needed. Oh, Hebrews, which is anonymous. Very high level of Greek, but also a tremendous understanding of the law, and how Jesus fulfilled it. I guess an educated Jew was needed for that book.

But of course, it wasn't those men, it was God. But, we get our systematic theology from Paul, mostly, and our history of Jesus and the early church in Acts and Luke, and of course, the other synoptic gospels. John was close to Jesus, his writings are very inspired.

There is no doubt God can use who he wants to preach the gospel. Or write it! But, despite your video, which is not what I was asking for, very few people who live on the streets can preach, teach, counsel, etc., better than a trained pastor.

I wasn't asking for a youtube video, by the way. I was asking for someone YOU know who is homesless, who knows more about God than a preacher. I would imagine though, if you lined up 100 preachers, and 100 homeless people, probably 95-98 of the educated preachers would know more about God and be able to communicate that knowledge than even one homeless person.

The fact is, if they really knew God, would they be homeless? Following Biblical principles in North America doesn't put you on the street.

Anyone can spend hours looking through youtube videos to find something that matches what they believe. And you have no clue whether it was scripted or acted, or really true. That is why I asked for YOU to give me the name of a homeless person that you know and can verify the story is true.
Think what you want, I donโ€™t think you hear me... do you know who these men before all that you mentioned of them?

L

LPT

Before Luke was doctor, before John was a fisherman or James the great leader?

L

LPT

You only know what you read, not of before hand.

L

LPT

Jesus was a homeless man who had no place to rest his head.

L

LPT

You ought to think twice about making such statements, step wisely swing true for I wonโ€™t miss.

L

LPT

Yes I do know the homeless, my friend from high school who was living in the woods in a tent about 25 years ago his life was in shambles I would visit him often. you know what he no longer is in the woods and he is doing just fine today and he still is my dear friend.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Yes I do know the homeless, my friend from high school who was living in the woods about 25 years ago his life was in shambles I would visit him often. you know what he no longer is in the woods and he is doing just fine today and he still is my dear friend.
I think her question was do you personally know a homeless person who is homeless and preaching the true word of God?

I mean it is possible and God can use anyone, but it is highly unlikely you are going to run into many homeless people preaching the true word of God on the street.

You go looking for it there, though, and you might just run into a schizophrenic, meth head, or crack head rattling off some scripture so you would be wise to learn and know the word of God for yourself. God can use anyone, but it is not wise to head out to the streets in search of a preacher or a teacher...just saying.

lukeabers

Dec 6, 2018
Yes, but who wrote the NT? Luke was a doctor, and his Greek is a very high level. I have to read Luke and Acts with my lexicon in one hand. But God used him, despite his education and training, which is what you are essentially saying.

Paul was a highly educated former Pharisee, but he was also well trained in Greek rhetoric, philosophy and other things. And yet, God not only used him, he used him because of his background and training. Matthew had to have had some education to be a tax collector.

And then we come to John, the fisherman. His Greek is so simple, we were reading passages in the first semester of Greek. We had excerpts to translate for our final exam, if we pulled that verse. I didn't bother to read it daily, because it was so simple. I prayed, and God told me to read Mark 1. I spent a lot of time memorizing the new words, the verb forms, and yes, it got pulled first try. My professor said no one had ever said yes to Mark 1. Well, I did, and he stopped me to see if I had the English written into my Greek Bible. It wasn't as hard as Luke, but maybe even harder than Matthew and Paul.

Then there is James, who God used in a great way, as leader of the church in Jerusalem, and to write the book of James. His Greek is harder than John. And his message is very different, in some ways, but very needed. Oh, Hebrews, which is anonymous. Very high level of Greek, but also a tremendous understanding of the law, and how Jesus fulfilled it. I guess an educated Jew was needed for that book.

But of course, it wasn't those men, it was God. But, we get our systematic theology from Paul, mostly, and our history of Jesus and the early church in Acts and Luke, and of course, the other synoptic gospels. John was close to Jesus, his writings are very inspired.

There is no doubt God can use who he wants to preach the gospel. Or write it! But, despite your video, which is not what I was asking for, very few people who live on the streets can preach, teach, counsel, etc., better than a trained pastor.

I wasn't asking for a youtube video, by the way. I was asking for someone YOU know who is homesless, who knows more about God than a preacher. I would imagine though, if you lined up 100 preachers, and 100 homeless people, probably 95-98 of the educated preachers would know more about God and be able to communicate that knowledge than even one homeless person.

The fact is, if they really knew God, would they be homeless? Following Biblical principles in North America doesn't put you on the street.

Anyone can spend hours looking through youtube videos to find something that matches what they believe. And you have no clue whether it was scripted or acted, or really true. That is why I asked for YOU to give me the name of a homeless person that you know and can verify the story is true.
Have to pipe up about the homeless bit...was just homeless and know plenty. The equivalent of 30 years of higher education etc.

And, yes, I really know God...He put me through homelessness for a reason...I had to see the shape America is really in...much worse than you could ever know inside your car/house.

P.S. Jesus Christ was homeless :)

Oct 25, 2018
What do you think about what Lauren Daigle claiming that she doesn't know if homosexuality is a sin or not?
She has not either read or bible or has poor discernment skills one. I am one of her biggest fans(what a voice), but this concerns me. I am praying that God opens her eyes to see that this lifestyle is an abomination in His sight.

Oct 25, 2018
Here's what the Nati asked her and her response...

โ€œDo you feel that homosexuality is a sin?โ€ Nati, whose broadcast is aired on iHeart Radio, asked forthrightly.

โ€œYou know, I canโ€™t honestly answer on that, in the sense of I have too many people that I loveโ€”that they are homosexuals,โ€

โ€œI donโ€™t know. I actually had a conversation with someone last night about it. I canโ€™t say one way or the other. Iโ€™m not God,โ€ she continued. โ€œSo, when people ask questions like that, thatโ€™s what my go to is. Like, I just say, โ€˜Read the Bible and find out for yourself. And when you find out, let me know because Iโ€™m learning too.'โ€

She obviously knows that the Bible clearly says that homosexuality is a sin...but she doesn't admit it...she says to go and look in the Bible yourself...I don't know what to think honestly...
There is an old saying, "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." She has taken the non-stance stance at this time, afraid of offending her homosexual friends and fans. At this time, she has chose her fans over her Lord, and that will not end well if she does not repent.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Since people wanted only to show the love side of God this is what we get. Unbalanced theology and a truncated version of God and His Gospel are taking a toll on truth.

The God of Scripture and the Gospel are being emasculated and hijacked respectively. God is shown as a person who actually loves the things he hates, and the Gospel is being shown as a message of political correctness and embracing what God hates.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Have to pipe up about the homeless bit...was just homeless and know plenty. The equivalent of 30 years of higher education etc.

And, yes, I really know God...He put me through homelessness for a reason...I had to see the shape America is really in...much worse than you could ever know inside your car/house.

P.S. Jesus Christ was homeless :)
Wow! So you learned Greek and Hebrew, hermeneutics, exegetics, the skills of preaching, teaching, counseling, a deep understanding of the Bible and theology, the history of Christianity, missions, evangelism etc, while living in the streets? And got to know God better than someone dedicating their lives to serve God and his people while homeless?

I'm impressed. It was hard enough getting through my MDiv knowing God had called me to seminary not once, but twice! All that studying, writing papers, volunteering as a chaplain in long term care, and I could have just sat down in the street, and God would have taught me all that stuff, and to know him better, by doing nothing!

Wait!! Should I quit my PhD, and go live in the streets? Would I be able to get recognition for my degree, and the same credit as reading 50 books and 40 papers for every course I take??!

No one is saying a homeless person can't know and love God! The Holy Spirit can transform lives wherever he wants. And we can learn something from every child of God.

But the lack of respect for pastors, and the total lack of comprehension of the difficulties of pastoring, the stress of pastoring, to say nothing of that fact that a good preacher will be educated, in both knowing his Bible and knowing God, is incredible.

I am so sick of the myth that education makes you unfit to serve God, and unfit to know him. God has led me every my step on my journey of higher education. He has used people, books, professors, and elderly people dying in their beds to help me grow into closer to Christ. I feel dreadful for real pastors, who might venture into these threads, and rather than be encouraged in a difficult and often thankless job, they meet with this abysmal ignorant lie, that a homeless person can teach you more than a good preacher! Appalling!

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Wow! So you learned Greek and Hebrew, hermeneutics, exegetics, the skills of preaching, teaching, counseling, a deep understanding of the Bible and theology, the history of Christianity, missions, evangelism etc, while living in the streets? And got to know God better than someone dedicating their lives to serve God and his people while homeless?

I'm impressed. It was hard enough getting through my MDiv knowing God had called me to seminary not once, but twice! All that studying, writing papers, volunteering as a chaplain in long term care, and I could have just sat down in the street, and God would have taught me all that stuff, and to know him better, by doing nothing!

Wait!! Should I quit my PhD, and go live in the streets? Would I be able to get recognition for my degree, and the same credit as reading 50 books and 40 papers for every course I take??!

No one is saying a homeless person can't know and love God! The Holy Spirit can transform lives wherever he wants. And we can learn something from every child of God.

But the lack of respect for pastors, and the total lack of comprehension of the difficulties of pastoring, the stress of pastoring, to say nothing of that fact that a good preacher will be educated, in both knowing his Bible and knowing God, is incredible.

I am so sick of the myth that education makes you unfit to serve God, and unfit to know him. God has led me every my step on my journey of higher education. He has used people, books, professors, and elderly people dying in their beds to help me grow into closer to Christ. I feel dreadful for real pastors, who might venture into these threads, and rather than be encouraged in a difficult and often thankless job, they meet with this abysmal ignorant lie, that a homeless person can teach you more than a good preacher! Appalling!
Seems apparent in Scripture that God's seed don't beg bread.

Enough of this "mystical osmosis" nonsense that some got all their education directly from God. Yet they cannot type a complete sentence or comprehend one? OK! They really need to stop blaming that on God, certainly He is not the least impressed.

The rejection of God's means of using others to educate us theologically is not only remarkable and asinine, it is also anti-biblical.

lukeabers

Dec 6, 2018

Wait!! Should I quit my PhD, and go live in the streets? Would I be able to get recognition for my degree, and the same creditatiin as with reading 50 books and 40 papers for every course I take??!

No one is saying a homeless person can't know and love God! The Holy Spirit can transform lives wherever he wants. And we can learn something from every child, of God.

I am so sick of the myth that education makes you unfit to serve God, and unfit to know him. God has led me ever step on my journey of higher education. He has used people, books, professors, and elderly people dying in their beds to help me grow into closer to Christ. I feel dreadful for real pastors, who might venture into these threads, and rather than be encouraged in a difficult and often thankless job, they meet with this abysmal ignorant lie, that a homeless person can teach you more than a good preacher! Appalling!
I can smell the snobbery on you.

Literally, I have written more than you have read. I have been homeless several times in my life because of happenstance. Brain injuries and the like. Yet, I have managed to, in less than a decade, complete more than 30 years of higher education...mostly cheating for kids like you. Could I have a PhD? Haha...

You want to play snob for snob? Let's do it, kid. I am not versed in Greek nor Hebrew and I could still spank you in any contest on the topic. Then, for fun, we can go into my arena, mathematics, physics, electronics, and computer programming, where you will have no chance.

You are...something else. Tired of the myth of education...wow. You don't even know what education means. Get your PhD and find yourself sitting at a table with me and find yourself at a loss for words when you find that you actually don't know anything at all.

Yes, I was homeless earlier this year. Starting in January, I will be making $2,000 a month without having to work because of the various companies and programs I have set up. By the end of next year, I will be a millionaire. Remember me, because I won't remember you.

lukeabers

Dec 6, 2018
Seems apparent in Scripture that God's seed don't beg bread.

Enough of this "mystical osmosis" nonsense that some got all their education directly from God. Yet they cannot type a complete sentence or comprehend one? OK! They really need to stop blaming that on God, certainly He is not the least impressed.

The rejection of God's means of using others to educate us theologically is not only remarkable and asinine, it is also anti-biblical.
Beg? What part of homeless means you beg? I've never begged a day in my life and I've worked harder than you could ever possibly attempt.

You, still the jerk I pegged you as from the first moment we met.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I can smell the snobbery on you.

Literally, I have written more than you have read. I have been homeless several times in my life because of happenstance. Brain injuries and the like. Yet, I have managed to, in less than a decade, complete more than 30 years of higher education...mostly cheating for kids like you. Could I have a PhD? Haha...

You want to play snob for snob? Let's do it, kid. I am not versed in Greek nor Hebrew and I could still spank you in any contest on the topic. Then, for fun, we can go into my arena, mathematics, physics, electronics, and computer programming, where you will have no chance.

You are...something else. Tired of the myth of education...wow. You don't even know what education means. Get your PhD and find yourself sitting at a table with me and find yourself at a loss for words when you find that you actually don't know anything at all.

Yes, I was homeless earlier this year. Starting in January, I will be making $2,000 a month without having to work because of the various companies and programs I have set up. By the end of next year, I will be a millionaire. Remember me, because I won't remember you.

None of us want to see anyone homeless.

I think we all have genuine compassion for those who have been through terrible circumstances.

However, all of our combined compassion cannot prevent the above post from being... well... just silly.

lukeabers

Dec 6, 2018
None of us want to see anyone homeless.

I think we all have genuine compassion for those who have been through terrible circumstances.

However, all of our combined compassion cannot prevent the above post from being... well... just silly.

Read the post it is in response to. I did, several times, just to be sure I wasn't wrong in my harsh reaction. I was right to do what I did, in defense of all of those that could not. I am not the typical homeless vagrant, certainly, but to hear someone talk like that, and from a position of Christian authority, not knowing at all to whom she was speaking to. I did not go overboard, in my opinion, is all I am saying.

I could be suicidal, for all she knows. Hell, I live in a roach infested house with two recovering dope addicts. Building up from bottom is tough, even with the income I can draw. The trials...the rashes...the bugs...

Silly. Sure.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Read the post it is in response to. I did, several times, just to be sure I wasn't wrong in my harsh reaction. I was right to do what I did, in defense of all of those that could not. I am not the typical homeless vagrant, certainly, but to hear someone talk like that, and from a position of Christian authority, not knowing at all to whom she was speaking to. I did not go overboard, in my opinion, is all I am saying.

I could be suicidal, for all she knows. Hell, I live in a roach infested house with two recovering dope addicts. Building up from bottom is tough, even with the income I can draw. The trials...the rashes...the bugs...

Silly. Sure.

I'm genuinely sorry you're going through such a bad time, and I genuinely do hope you "build up from the bottom" with great success.

But compassion isn't an eraser that removes everything rude or illogical that you've said.

Let's start with one of your comments in post#75, directed at Angela.
"Literally, I have written more than you have read. "
1. I'm sure Angela has read hundreds of theological books.
2. You said you have LITERALLY written more than she's read.
3. Please give us your list of authored books.
4. If you've authored papers rather than books, please give us a link to your repository of scholarly papers.
5. If you don't have books or scholarly papers, how about an informal blog? Do you have ANYTHING to show us?

If you can't produce your written works, then please stop spreading untruths on a Christian forum.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Lukeabears,

Let me clarify something.

I stated previously, "compassion isn't an eraser that removes everything rude or illogical that you've said."

But compassion IS an eraser that removes the ANIMOSITY toward what you've said, if you just say "sorry about that."

If you say you've made a mistake about something, or you were just having a bad day, you'll find the people here to be very understanding.