Lauren Daigle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 28, 2016
I'm not familiar with Daigle or her music. That said, it appears like it is more of the not enduring sound doctrine that is rampant among professing believers. Emotional subjectivity has supplanted the word of God, yet they'll still say they get all their beliefs from the word of God or at the least that they believe everything it says.

Oct 25, 2018
I'm not familiar with Daigle or her music. That said, it appears like it is more of the not enduring sound doctrine that is rampant among professing believers. Emotional subjectivity has supplanted the word of God, yet they'll still say they get all their beliefs from the word of God or at the least that they believe everything it says.
Go to youtube and listen to 'Still Rolling Stones' my friend. You will be blessed.

Oct 25, 2018
Seeing I do not know her background, what kind of home she grew up in, I will reserve judgment. What I mean is she could have been raised in an 'affirming' home(not Christian, but liberal) and was taught it was okay. Plus Dr. James White on a recent 'Dividing Line' podcast said we should not be shocked when people who tour 40+ weeks a year say something like this. He said "Where does she attend church? Does she go to church?" I do know this, if she is one of His, He will send a person, or persons, to straighten her out. If she is not one of His, she will drift further and further from the centrality of the scriptures.

Dec 16, 2018
What do you think about what Lauren Daigle claiming that she doesn't know if homosexuality is a sin or not?
My first look at this Christian Chat line here or ever... my first writing. Am I in the right spot? I was wanting to ta;k about music as a Christian.

Dec 16, 2018
This is my first writing on any chat line. I was wanting to talk about music as a Christian and a musician. Am I in the right place?

Oct 25, 2018
Amy Grant is still loved in Christianity for her music, and her leaving her husband for Vince Gill(who left his wife to be with Mrs. Grant) is no more egregious than Lauren Daigle's statement.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Amy Grant is still loved in Christianity for her music, and her leaving her husband for Vince Gill(who left his wife to be with Mrs. Grant) is no more egregious than Lauren Daigle's statement.

I used to buy all of Amy Grant's albums. Back to LP days. (As in vinyl records!) Since she did this partner shake up, I have never bought another thing of hers. I would go so far as to say I no longer like Amy Grant's music.

Deflecting to another CCM singer, by pointing to her wrong doing, however, doesn't make what Lauren Daigle right! These people are role models for millions of people, and they have totally failed, without repentance.

Oct 25, 2018
I used to buy all of Amy Grant's albums. Back to LP days. (As in vinyl records!) Since she did this partner shake up, I have never bought another thing of hers. I would go so far as to say I no longer like Amy Grant's music.

Deflecting to another CCM singer, by pointing to her wrong doing, however, doesn't make what Lauren Daigle right! These people are role models for millions of people, and they have totally failed, without repentance.
I agree with you my friend. What I meant is that we tend to put people(wrongly) on pedestals, and when they fail, it crushes us. No doubt Amy Grant broke many hearts when she did what she did. Just like Lauren Daigle has to many people as well. I am praying for her repentance and much needed stance against this lifestyle. If she is one of His, He will lead her down this road we call repentance.

G

Gracie_14

I don't think she left her husband for Vince Gill....this is what she said:

I didn't get a divorce because "I had a great marriage and then along came Vince Gill". Gary and I had a rocky road from day one. I think what was so hard—and this is (what) one of our counselors said—sometimes an innocent party can come into a situation, and they're like a big spotlight. What they do is reveal, by comparison, the painful dynamics that are already in existence.

Oct 25, 2018

I didn't get a divorce because "I had a great marriage and then along came Vince Gill". Gary and I had a rocky road from day one. I think what was so hard—and this is (what) one of our counselors said—sometimes an innocent party can come into a situation, and they're like a big spotlight. What they do is reveal, by comparison, the painful dynamics that are already in existence.
Not to derail the thread any further than I have(my apology to the author of the OP), it seems like her marriage to Gary Chapman was on the skids and then Vince Gill came along and he treated her better than her husband did.

G

Gracie_14

Not to derail the thread any further than I have(my apology to the author of the OP), it seems like her marriage to Gary Chapman was on the skids and then Vince Gill came along and he treated her better than her husband did.
Tbh, I didn't know she was divorced...at all. I don't know...maybe I did. This is pretty new....sigh, but Amy Grant has inspired multitudes of people...

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011

This is all squishy and nice, because everyone deserves to be happy, right? I don't see anywhere in the Bible it tells someone to get divorced for any reason, except adultery. Most marriages need to be worked on. I don't know either Amy Grant or Gary Chapman, but I do know that marriage is not always easy. And our goal is not to be happy in this life, but to live for God. When you are a popular star, and you choose to live the way of the world, (the divorce rate of Christians being the same as the world - 50% of all marriages) what is the difference between Christians and the world? Not much! And I wonder how many people in marriages that could have had a chance and been worked on, might have felt Amy Grant leaving her husband was justification for leaving their spouse? I guess God knows!

PS I am not saying anyone, male or female should live in a physically abusive marriage. But, should divorce be on the table? Not so much. God says with regard to teachers, that they will be judged by a stricter standard, (James 3:1 "Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly." NIV)

Well, someone who is influencing people towards Christ, and yes some of her albums had a lot of teaching on them, God says he will judge them more strictly, and I don't believe that is just about doctrine. Someone in authority or teaching, is going to also be judged on their lifestyle.