Lauren Daigle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hannahcorn

Hi everyone! I dont know if you've heard already, but an artist most of you are familiar with, Lauren Daigle has become more and more of a "lukewarm" Christian. :( First she had openly exposed her breasts in an outfit she wore to an event, and on a live radio podcast, when asked on the topic of homosexuality she answered that she wasnt sure about it, and now she has apparently called her self an "artist" rather than a "christian artist". This is a Christian woman who performed on the Ellen, only for new believers to find out its okay to wear what you want and to not judge people according to the word of God and be okay with sinful acts. It is very sad she has watered things down in order to please the world. please pray for her!! :(

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
I love her songs and I love her testimony about her grandfather. who spent so much time with her as a child and inspired her to use her talents for the Lord, and how she sacrificed her Nashville career debut to go stay with him during his last days with cancer and see him go into glory.

I would hope that she has a firm foundation in the faith and the word of God, or that she gets that firm foundation.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
It's nothing new, really. Sometimes people use the Christian market to get popular, easier, then transition to the secular market.
Or people lose their faith or allow it to be influenced. We had Jennifer Knapp years ago, becoming quite popular in Christian circles, then bam, she came out as a lesbian. And this was over 15 years ago. Doug Pinnick of Kings X did the same thing.
Look at Katy Perry who started as a Christian artist. And others have done similar things.
Not to mention it happening among people who aren't famous and are just normal people.

H

hannahcorn

It's nothing new, really. Sometimes people use the Christian market to get popular, easier, then transition to the secular market.
Or people lose their faith or allow it to be influenced. We had Jennifer Knapp years ago, becoming quite popular in Christian circles, then bam, she came out as a lesbian. And this was over 15 years ago. Doug Pinnick of Kings X did the same thing.
Look at Katy Perry who started as a Christian artist. And others have done similar things.
Not to mention it happening among people who aren't famous and are just normal people.
i know, i was thinking of that too. :( it's just so disappointing especially because she is such a huge influencer to many people. :(

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
i know, i was thinking of that too. :( it's just so disappointing especially because she is such a huge influencer to many people. :(
On the surface it may seem she's an influencer, but in my years I've realized few people are truly that influenced by any form of celebrity. And those that are have issues of their own.
And, ultimately, she's just a performer, so anyone taking direction from her is lacking wisdom and will be easily misguided one way or another.
But it's doubtful few, if any, will actually change their views because of her.

A great evidence of this is when celebrities get saved. There isn't a sudden influx of people seeking to be saved, it doesn't really influence them.

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
You are right, fellow Believer. Fame and fortune can (in cases) get us to take our eyes off of the Lord. Also, being famous opens our lives for others to view ways the non famous don't have to worry about as much. It shows us that they are not perfect.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
You are right, fellow Believer. Fame and fortune can (in cases) get us to take our eyes off of the Lord. Also, being famous opens our lives for others to view ways the non famous don't have to worry about as much. It shows us that they are not perfect.
That does seem a common theme among famous Christians, the demand that their lives be exceedingly holy. It often creates more pressure and problems.
It can be tricky to find that balance of aiding each other with accountability vs giving each person room to live and grow at their own pace.

Jul 29, 2018
NYC, NY
This is why we should not look at others but to Christ as THE example for how to live the Christian life. I'm sure these artists would say the same thing. "They are only human."

Follow God, not man ☺

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
People fall back at times. Maybe sh3 will come back on track. All the judgement shes getting is most likely why shes rebelling so hard