Law of attraction

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Abing

What do you say about it? What does the bible say about it? Cuz it's like, it has something to do with the New Age-Oprah..

I just wanna hear your opinions folks, and what the bible says about this.
And also to clarify things for other people who are wondering about this.

Stick to the rules PLEASE. hehe.

God bless :)

R

roaringkitten

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. -John 14:6

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. -1 John 4:1

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. Galations 1: 6-12

The New Age doctrine teaches that you find the truth from within....It teaches that man can alter his surroundings through energies within...Many New Age doctrines have found their way into Christianity.......We are warned to receive truth from God and NOT man.....For the heart is desperately wicked!!! And is prone to sin, prone to stray from God!....

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately
wicked: who can know it?" -Jeremiah 17:9

May God guard our hearts in Christ Jesus, that we will not be tricked into false perversions of the saving grace found in Jesus Christ! False religion and doctrine sounds GOOD to the ear! Just because it sounds good does not make it right!

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4: 3-4

1still_waters

I've really read up on this seeing I try to keep up on non-Christian religions.

Bottom line is, this thing is a lie. Every lie has a strand of truth, but it remains a lie.

Basically the law of attraction teaches that we attract what we think. Everything we have in our lives is a consequence of the negative or positive thoughts and feelings we project out in to the universe. They view the universe as this impersonal 'thing' that bows to the positive or negative thoughts and feelings we send out.

This teaching takes Mark 11: 22 - 24 and really twists it in to a formula where God loses his personality and sovereignty and bows to our commands.

22"Have[f] faith in God," Jesus answered. 23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

This teaching is wrong for many reasons. It teaches that there is no need for salvation from sins. This teaches that God is not sovereign. The law of attraction is focused more on temporary riches than eternal riches, leading its followers to be more dedicated to riches than on God.

The only redeeming thing from this is it does teach people to focus on the positive in life as they forget all the negativity. But the cool thing is, we have a Bible and a savior that teaches us to be thankful for what we have and tells us to think about positive eternal things that relates to God and not on temporary riches. So really there is no need for the law of attraction! We have a God, Savior and Bible that gives us superior things to put our hope and thoughts in.

NoahsDad

Oct 30, 2006
oprah is a freak!!!!!!!!And a very insecure person that uses her money and influence to gein friendship instead of her personality or lack there of.

NoahsDad

Oct 30, 2006
Gain!!!!!!!!hehehehe oops

Status
Not open for further replies.