LAYING ON OF HANDS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
In regards to natural health and healing, from your experience, what can you tell us about the laying on of hands?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
My mother had a paralyzed leg for a half year and after church elders anointed her with oils, layed on hands on her in prayer she was healed a while after.Not everyone should lay on hands but it can be powerful

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
1 tim 5:22
Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure

It is so that unless you feel like the holy spirit prompts u to do so, its best to not do it.The only times where God prompted me ro do so was after i fasted and prayed a lot. Inly when we are at a certain state of “pureness or protection“ it is safe to do.
But that goes into spiritual warfare and gifts and i dont wanna get into a fight here about it.

Feb 7, 2015
Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure

It is so that unless you feel like the holy spirit prompts u to do so, its best to not do it.The only times where God prompted me ro do so was after i fasted and prayed a lot. Inly when we are at a certain state of “pureness or protection“ it is safe to do.
But that goes into spiritual warfare and gifts and i dont wanna get into a fight here about it.
You do know that verse is speaking of being careful not to elevate any person to a position of power in the church before they have well-proven themselves, don't you?

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017

Thanks for your explanation.

Fear makes a person vulnerable to whatever is not true (such as evil/sin).
Even subtle doubt (a form of fear) hinders the healing process.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
In regards to natural health and healing, from your experience, what can you tell us about the laying on of hands?
Laying hands on a person with need(s) is very much central if not foundational
to Pentecostal faith.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mark 16:

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
James 5:

At our worship meetings we always have a prayer line where the Pastor and Elders and other senior members stand out front and any person who has needs presents themselves for prayer.
The person praying lays hand(s) on the petitioner and prays to the Father and Jesus for that person.
Mixed results - I have had some miraculous instant healings, but at other times not.
I don't sulk or cry over it; I just continue on rejoicing but I also re-examine my walk with the Lord and get a bit more serious about dealing with faults and slothful habits.

I have laid hands on others individually in diverse places and most have been miraculously healed, but again not always.
I just walk by faith and if someone responds positively to my offer to pray for them, I do. The results are of God and his will for that person.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
Thanks Waggles for sharing your experience.

Verse 15 of James 5 points to the idea that the sick who is requests healing may have also repented at this stage (preparing himself for forgiveness and worthy of healing).

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012

I too tend to think one should wait for the Holy Spirit's leading. If you lay hands and the Spirit isn't willing you then give people cause to lose faith because "it didn't work". And if the infirmity is demonically caused, if the person is not spiritually prepared, what happens when the demon you drove away comes back? Yep, they bring more with them and the person is worse off in the end. Too, there's always the possibility that God is allowing the affliction because the experience will produce a greater good in the end.

If you let the Spirit lead, yes it does work.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We were commanded by Jesus to heal the sick, we shouldn't need to feel a leading to fulfill a commandment, although I too have at times felt a leading, probably part of our growth in Him to go through a stage where He leads us before we grasp it is a commandment.
I am familiar with what Demi shared, healing is a process, it says they will recover, not that it will be instantaneous.
blessings

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I too tend to think one should wait for the Holy Spirit's leading. If you lay hands and the Spirit isn't willing you then give people cause to lose faith because "it didn't work". And if the infirmity is demonically caused, if the person is not spiritually prepared, what happens when the demon you drove away comes back? Yep, they bring more with them and the person is worse off in the end. Too, there's always the possibility that God is allowing the affliction because the experience will produce a greater good in the end.

If you let the Spirit lead, yes it does work.
Oh i can tell stories lol but i won't. U don't wanna lay on hands and exchange demons..also hell breaks loose if a bestes person goes back into old ways

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
Please delete this post, I started in wrong thread.

Last edited:
P

planitsoon

It says, believers (not just elders) will lay hands on the sick and they will recover. The context about being careful of laying on off hands talks about appointing people for the ministry. But in the end, one doesn't have to touch somebody at and if one knows his Gods given authority to heal the sick one commands like every else did in the NT. Silver and gold have I not but I have I give. Stand Up! God bless.

P

planitsoon

I always say that flies don't land on a hot stove :)