LAYING ON OF HANDS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rebbecca

Jan 31, 2018
Whether it is your hands or someone else, if you have faith God will heal through the blood of His son, I know first hand the results, because I was healed from a gout attack by the laying on of hands.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I've had laying on of hands done before. It didn't work. Probably because they were Mormons.. lol

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Jesus is looking for those who are bold, available, compassionate that He can work through.
A mormon told me he believes it is conferred through elders of the church, perhaps they pick up something
they shouldn't, perhaps what is conferred isn't of G-d, I have heard it taught we need to be careful who we allow to
place their hands on us.
blessings

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I, as well, have received healing from the laying on of hands, and all other gifts it pleases Him to give.
blessings

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Miracle healings are not intended to be a health care plan. Nor do they impart immortality. Everyone who was ever miraculously healed went on to die of something anyway. So let's stop thinking of this as a replacement for Obamacare because it isn't.

Miraculous healings are intended to be signs and witnesses that impart faith. God isn't looking to cure your aches and pains, He's looking for the curing of your aches and pains to be noticed by someone who needs birthing of or bolstering in faith.

Healings are not a healthcare plan. They are a witnessing tool. If we start to see them in this light, we'll probably see more of them shining light on the darkness.

Feb 28, 2016
healings are definitely a 'witnessing tool' from our Saviour, for ALL involved...

Hamilton

Nov 26, 2018
In regards to natural health and healing, from your experience, what can you tell us about the laying on of hands?
I have visited pentecostal churches where they do such thing. Many seemed legit.

Started researching a bit and came up with some interesting information:

1 In theory a believer should not let just anyone lay hands on, because allegedly there has been cases in which infiltrated occultists were taking unclean spirits for them thus delivering the persons for the wrong reason. Supposedly also they try to transmit wrong spirits to block Christian growth.

2 As far as not always working (i.e. actual healing happening): A pentecostal lady spent a lot of time praying and fasting, asking God to understand why laying of hands for healing did not always work. Eventually she got the sense that unforgiveness in many cases stands in the way. If the person has not forgiven or has issues, sometimes that prevents miracles from happening.

3 I think people are not clear that the miracle worker doing the healing is Jesus Christ Himself, as He is naturally supernatural, supernatural things tend to happen where He is present. Another obstacle is lack of faith. If you do not believe miracles are possible here and now, you probably won't get one. But where God is present and true faith is, many miracles happen, regardless of the amount of skeptics there are.

4 I think all believers should pray for the gift of discernment of spirits, so they are not easily deceived by infiltrated tares that have the appearance of piety but deny the effectiveness of it.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Most Christians do not get healed by laying on of hands, and/or prayer - for many reasons.
The most prevalent being that you cant break Gods natural laws and then have an expectation that He will ignore heal you through super natural means. Obviously He can and sometimes does heal people who have abused the gift of their bodies, but mostly that does not happen.
I dont see that changing.

Hamilton

Nov 26, 2018
Most Christians do not get healed by laying on of hands, and/or prayer - for many reasons.
The most prevalent being that you cant break Gods natural laws and then have an expectation that He will ignore heal you through super natural means. Obviously He can and sometimes does heal people who have abused the gift of their bodies, but mostly that does not happen.
I dont see that changing.
Hi JD, is that your opinion after research, experience, prayer, or are you just repeating something someone said?

No disrespect, but many believers have gotten the story different: Our Earth, and universe is an exception of what it should be. It is a fallen region, where the Glory of God left because of the transgression.

So the perfect and ultimate reality is God's. When He visits by way of the Holy Spirit, or Jesus Christ, miracles are bound to happen, because this is not the normal state of things from Their perspective, they come as set things right for the love of Their adopted Children.

By the way if it was not because of those loved adopted children, this would probably be destroyed.

The only unchangeable person is Jesus Christ, and if He showed the mercy of the Father while He walked the Earth, not resurrected and as High Priest, much more so will care and help His adopted children.

If you read the Scriptures, it tells us to check all and retain what is good, Jesus directed the person asking about salvation to Sacred Scripture, not to the dogma of Saducees, Pharisees, nor to the teaching of Gamaliel.

Augustine was the first to suggest that the higher gifts of the Holy Spirit had ceased, and he had to take it back because of the amount of miracles that happened in the place where he gathered to worship.

Calvin did not seem to get that last point, and kept pushing the cessation of the higher gifts, so many branches of Christianity went on with erroneous information.

Every believer has an undelegable responsibility to analyze their beliefs in light of the Scriptures, they cannot stand before Christ and say: " Pastor / Pope, team leader, told me so and I did not check". Even if the person comes to the wrong conclusion after checking with due diligence, I would imagine will have more chance that one that took a dogma and adopted it without critically analyzing it.

And I say the above with good intention, salvation is a personal matter, each has to check and choose what we consider to jibe with the Scriptures.

P.S. You seem to me to be knowledgeable of fitness, do you workout? can you check the "Exercise thread" in the Natural Health Forum and contribute please.

Hamilton

Nov 26, 2018
Sorry I did not know there was only 5 min for edit.

In the 3rd paragraph it should read "come to set things right"

In the 5th paragraph it should read "now resurrected"

What is the recommended workflow to avoid typos? write in a word processor and then copy / paste to here?

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
In regards to natural health and healing, from your experience, what can you tell us about the laying on of hands?
~~~~~~~~~~~
It works cause its straight from the Bible, ==> James 5:14

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
It doesn't work. It used to work with the Apostles and first century church to confirm the gospel that they preached, not any more.
If it works, it has to go against:

Psalms 116:
15Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of His saints.

Isa 57:
1The righteous perish,
and no one takes it to heart;
devout men are swept away,
with none considering
that the righteous are guided
from the presence of evil.
2Those who walk uprightly enter into peace;
they find rest, lying down in death.

The passage in Isaiah 57 basically means, God removes the righteous from earth to save them from evil. This also means the days of the elect are shortened here on earth like Jesus said.
When you go praying for people, only ask the will of the Father to be done, don't waste your time asking for a specific body part to be restored.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
It doesn't work. It used to work with the Apostles and first century church to confirm the gospel that they preached, not any more.
If it works, it has to go against:

Psalms 116:
15Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of His saints.

Isa 57:
1The righteous perish,
and no one takes it to heart;
devout men are swept away,
with none considering
that the righteous are guided
from the presence of evil.
2Those who walk uprightly enter into peace;
they find rest, lying down in death.

The passage in Isaiah 57 basically means, God removes the righteous from earth to save them from evil. This also means the days of the elect are shortened here on earth like Jesus said.
When you go praying for people, only ask the will of the Father to be done, don't waste your time asking for a specific body part to be restored.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a severe pain in my back to the point I couldn't walk without horrid pain, the church I went to took oil and prayed over me and it quit and has never returned ( Baptist church lay on hands too :) )… so iS DOES work. WE serve the same God as the Apostles did, he is no respect of persons.

I have a friend that was in last stages of cancer ..sent home to die...she was healed.... a preachers mom, had liver cancer, the whites of her eyes were orange, sent home to die, she was healed, it took about 5 years with her, she quoted by his stripes we are healed.
I Peter 2:24
with his stripes we are healed => Isa. 53:5

same God today as then

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a severe pain in my back to the point I couldn't walk without horrid pain, the church I went to took oil and prayed over me and it quit and has never returned ( Baptist church lay on hands too :) )… so iS DOES work.
Every group on earth will claim that whatever they do works and is a sign of their belief;
A Hindu will pray to a cow and say they are healed
An Atheist will go to a hospital and claim they were healed
A Christian will claim hands were laid on them and they were healed
A Muslim will pray to their god and claim they were healed

What i'm trying to say is that these signs were for the apostles and not for today. We are about faith and not signs, in whatever scenario even unto death, our faith should remain:

Rom 8:
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:

“For Your sake we face death all day long;

we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”e

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
Every group on earth will claim that whatever they do works and is a sign of their belief;
A Hindu will pray to a cow and say they are healed
An Atheist will go to a hospital and claim they were healed
A Christian will claim hands were laid on them and they were healed
A Muslim will pray to their god and claim they were healed

What i'm trying to say is that these signs were for the apostles and not for today. We are about faith and not signs, in whatever scenario even unto death, our faith should remain:

Rom 8:
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:

“For Your sake we face death all day long;

we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”e

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~~~~~~~
I didn't want a sign , I wanted healing. I really think the healing is in 'believing' he will will and still does heal. its not the hands, its in believing he will, with his stripes we ARE healed.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
~~~~~~~
....its not the hands, its in believing he will, with his stripes we ARE healed.
No it's not. Do you believe the dead can be physically raised today and what belief can the dead have so that they are raised?

So many people wanted to be healed and after so many prayers ad laying of hands, they were not healed - can we say there's some kind of criteria or some level of belief that will make other people healed and others not healed?

I'm not saying that God doesn't heal or can not heal today; i have been healed myself. I'm saying, there are no special people granted special gifts today.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
No it's not. Do you believe the dead can be physically raised today and what belief can the dead have so that they are raised?

So many people wanted to be healed and after so many prayers ad laying of hands, they were not healed - can we say there's some kind of criteria or some level of belief that will make other people healed and others not healed?

I'm not saying that God doesn't heal or can not heal today; i have been healed myself. I'm saying, there are no special people granted special gifts today.[/QUOTE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Its not special people, its people who believe that God's word is true when they pray....as for the dead, they do not need healed on earth anymore

J

jbrooks5912

One phrase God is the same Today, Yesterday, and what? FOREVER!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2016
of course in the right circumstances, and if Jesus is The Author and Finisher of our Faith,
then, if one has no guile, God will work wonders through their precious Love and Faith
in Him and The Son...