LAYING ON OF HANDS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
If it's in the bible, it's a real thing.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
That would be a valid reason!
We are commanded to heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, preach the gospel, freely we were given, we are to freely give.
Often healing is a process, there is scripture that when Jesus healed " he began to be healed from that hour", it was not always instantaneous, thus we are not to lose faith if it is not immediate.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The woman who touched the hem of His garment was healed and Jesus, G-d with us, knew not who did it, it was and is His very nature that we be healed, whole, fruitful, blessed, etc.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Deamons don’t enter someone through touch. They are spirits! Not bacteria passing through touch. They came out of the possessed man and went over - all by themselves- to the pigs if you recall, entering into them without any physical assistance.)

If this was the case that spirits could transfer in such a way, the Holy Spirit would enter and take over anyone I or any believer touched. Are deamons more powerful than the Holy Spirit? Not in the slightest. It seems giving over ourselves to a spirit is the way in which it enters in. Such as when Judas knowingly opened himself up to betray Christ and Satan entered into him. A clear case of siding with Satan, not hi-fiving or wrestling with a possessed man, but After taking a piece of food from Christ while finalising his decision to betray him.

It makes far more sense to understand the warning of “laying hands on people hastily” in the way it is meant in Matthew 21 v 46.
But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

(Here “they” wanted to get hold of Jesus and dish out punishment unrighteously upon Him in their anger)

I believe this is what is warned against - To hastily judge someone and condemn them without ensuing that person is actually guilty is to partake in sin. To listen to gossip and slander and to be quick to accuse And go after someone all guns blazing as they say. The verse before is connected - warning against prejudice and partiality (that may make us quick to believe a bad report of someone before hearing the full story and testing the evidence etc I assume)

1 Tim 5 v 21 and 22.
I charge you before God and the Lord Jesus Christ and the elect angels that you observe these things without prejudice, doing nothing with partiality.
Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.

I don’t mind if you think this is a wrong understanding. (I know how some versions have translated this but encourage you to research the original text and you can see a common Jewish phrase being misunderstood. (Just as “breaking bread” was a term for eating together and not what many believe these days means taking the “bread and wine” together).
I hope I haven’t annoyed anyone too much, just wanted to offer another view on these matters.
GotQuestions Website has this to say which I found good-
The Bible records only one instance of demons being transferred from one living creature to another. It happened when Jesus transferred the legion of demons from the possessed men into the herd of pigs (Matthew 8:28-34). Jesus did not repeat this miracle, nor did He ever warn His disciples (or us) about transferring spirits. There is no reason for a born-again believer in Christ to fear Satan or his fallen angels. If we resist him, he will flee from us. "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you"(James 4:7). As true believers, our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. We can be confident that the Holy Spirit will not tolerate a demon in His temple.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
I would like to add (sorry for the length of previous post by me) that I have laid hands on someone and prayed and they were healed that day, and also laid hands on many others to no effect. That is my experience.
I have studied the references about healing throughout scripture and am confident in my own understanding of why it is results have been few, but that is my own conclusions and not worth sharing to stir up trouble here lol: I hope relating my experiences was of some use to the poster though I am at a loss as to how it could :)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I have heard it taught 'God has to be in it" it needs to be His Will for that person, and although it is always his will that we be whole, well, healed, etc. He is more concerned with the inside, the eternal, than the temporal exterior, when we feel the spirit move as we pray for healing, something is getting healed, it may be internal, it mat be feeling, emotions, etc.
Does this line up with your understanding?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We have strayed so far from what He intended so much more may need to be prayed through since the first century church, the eklesia, the body of believers.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I am growing greatly in the ministry of Curry Blake and jglm.org (daily teaching noon Central on You Tube) and Sid Roth and his guests.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
I have heard it taught 'God has to be in it" it needs to be His Will for that person, and although it is always his will that we be whole, well, healed, etc. He is more concerned with the inside, the eternal, than the temporal exterior, when we feel the spirit move as we pray for healing, something is getting healed, it may be internal, it mat be feeling, emotions, etc.
Does this line up with your understanding?
I think you are right that God is far more concerned with our eternal spirit than our temporal body. Though He cares for everything that concerns us He won’t do anything that jeopardises a greater work being done in us. Only He knows What is best for each of us :)

Jesus ministry of healing was specific. He fulfilled the prophecies given to Israel that when He came he would heal them all. He did heal any who came to
Him (- of Israel.) He proved by his works and in fulfilling such prophecies that He was the Messiah. Yes we were given gifts as the church but that is not the same. We see instances of those with the gift of healing in scripture such as Paul, not being able to heal people all the time. (That only happened to Jesus where people did not believe in who he was. This happened in scripture to Paul’s believing friends - even Timothy had a stomach complaint - so we cannot use scripture as a whole to say all believers should be healed period, or they lack faith if they don’t get healed etc. There is no basis for this assumption. (The faith people lacked that Christ spoke of was regarding who he was, not in his ability to heal.)

Now a greater work is being done by those sharing the gospel of Jesus death and resurrection . They are Bringing eternal healing and wholeness to people. Everyone Jesus healed physically still went on to die from something or other later on, there was a greater work to do. As Jesus said Himself, the body profits nothing but the word He spoke gives eternal life.

God still heals but it is in a different measure and in different ways for different people for their greatest good. That’s about my belief in a (waffle) nutshell lol

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
There are some today who have been so honored with a gift of healing they don't know of anyone who has not been healed from their ministry.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
There are some today who have been so honored with a gift of healing they don't know of anyone who has not been healed from their ministry.
I never heard of this before. I do know that if this were true such a person would be going to hospitals and hospices and emptying them. Why waste such a glorious gift? It would be globally reported if someone was healing everyone as Christ did. Amazing stuff if it were true. I would sincerely be interested to see the many actual documented evidences of such a ministry, especially from sources outside of the ministry. It would be quite encouraging to be able to show unbelievers how active and alive Gods power is in a physical way. It won’t be hard to prove to them if this person is healing everyone as you say. That news would be impossible to suppress and should be everywhere by now. Please can you telL me where and who this is so I can check it out. I do believe God heals so this would be encouraging.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Seems it is based on relationship, as we grow in obedience he gives us the desires of our heart. I know for one, on my part, the time i spend in prayer sets me up for the time outside of prayer. Just commanding healing in Jesus name brought immediate better results in my prayers. Learning to hear His direction, His will in a situation..

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Praying in the Spirit all the time, without ceasing, has been the best way i know to grow in Him.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
there is daily teaching at jglm.org that seems to hit the nail on the head of what you desire to grow in.
best wishes

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
I never heard of this before. I do know that if this were true such a person would be going to hospitals and hospices and emptying them. Why waste such a glorious gift? It would be globally reported if someone was healing everyone as Christ did. Amazing stuff if it were true. I would sincerely be interested to see the many actual documented evidences of such a ministry, especially from sources outside of the ministry. It would be quite encouraging to be able to show unbelievers how active and alive Gods power is in a physical way. It won’t be hard to prove to them if this person is healing everyone as you say. That news would be impossible to suppress and should be everywhere by now. Please can you telL me where and who this is so I can check it out. I do believe God heals so this would be encouraging.
Shittim I think you misunderstood what I was asking for here. I didn’t ask for a teaching series To help me grow etc. Please just provide the names Of sources outside of the ministry and links to reports and witnesses that back up the claims of the unfailing healing ministry you mentioned. I can’t use the testimony of the ministry as evidence as the bible instructs me to test everything and to search out the truth of the matter. Jesus Himself said the word of two or tree witnesses are required. For a ministry like this I would expect country Level or nationwide (External) confirmation at the least for it to be genuine.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
then you will probably miss it, God doesn't seem to work that way, He goes from purpose to purpose, His purpose.
best wishes

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
then you will probably miss it, God doesn't seem to work that way, He goes from purpose to purpose, His purpose.
best wishes
I don’t think the Lord hides His works. I feel you are asking people to not check things out which is pretty dangerous. Think I will leave it at that. My request was pretty reasonable and not unbiblical.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
If anyone else can provide clear and consistent evidence of this Unfailing healing ministry Please let me know. Shittim seems to
Think it unreasonable for me to want to ask this but maybe someone else will be willing to help me seek out the truth of the matter here? Thanks in advance if so.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
God works from purpose to purpose, if we wish to grow in Him and in an area He will take us to the path we need to grow in that area, i showed you a path i had success with in area it sounded like you wishes to grow in.
best wishes