Learning or Talking?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
So, my question is this- are you here to learn or here to talk?
A little bit of both. (That is, if by "talk" you mean post things that are socially oriented rather than for learning. I don't use the chat room.).

My original intent was to learn. And I've learned a fair amount since joining a few months back. But I have to admit that shortly after I first joined I became a bit appalled at the behavior of some purported Christians. I mean, the way people talk to each other on CC! Oy!

Over the past few months I've grown thicker skin. I try not to take it personally when I make a comment or ask a question and some über knowledgeable CC poster calls me a heretic, or a JW, or something else intended to be demeaning. :shrug: What's a fella to do?

G

Galatea

Let's take a look what Jesus say KJVMatthew12:35-36 35. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Some of us will be spending a very long time explaining everything to God. So I guess the few first hundred years in Heaven, I’ll be explaining every joke “Well, God, I thought I was being jolly. I realize it was idle and unproductive.”

G

Galatea

I've never really thought about it until now tbh. But although it's both the main reason is to talk ig. I didn't just want to come on here to post something once a day though i was hoping to make actual friends. Since i don't have a church atm i dont get to be around other Christians really so i came on here to hopefully find people that could stand to be around me for long periods of time cx. I honestly dont think too much about learning here because that's not what this is for i mean i could learn something but that's not why i joined at all there are better ways to learn things. Ig that's it, back to frand finding.
I think of forums as a way to socialize, not exactly to learn things. Anything learned would be a lagniappe in my opinion, not the motive for posting.

G

Galatea

We really need a forum for the different shades of morons and fools.

I am the first member.

Wanna join?

Problem is that most (the only one) of the members (me) can't even get elected dog catcher.

Lol.
Sure, sign me up! I probably fall somewhere between moron and imbecile.

I bet dogs follow you around, looking for a pat and a scratch.

D

Depleted

I am honored you consider me a friend. I think you are probably the wisest person on this site. I’m also very glad you are edified here, and edify.
Doooomed!

This site is so doomed if I'm the wisest.

D

Depleted

It depends. I have been a fool for a long time about something. The evidence is conflicting. I generally believe it is a hopeless situation, yet I get glimpses of something else underneath, and wonder if it is as hopeless as I believe.

I don’t relinquish long held beliefs very easily.
Me either.

D

Depleted

Let's take a look what Jesus say KJVMatthew12:35-36 35. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
I often wonder if talking about teddy bears or Philadelphia Eagles count as idle words.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
I often wonder if talking about teddy bears or Philadelphia Eagles count as idle words.
Obviously those are idle words duhhh now if you were talking about the Chiefs then maybe you'd be ok cx

D

Depleted

A little bit of both. (That is, if by "talk" you mean post things that are socially oriented rather than for learning. I don't use the chat room.).

My original intent was to learn. And I've learned a fair amount since joining a few months back. But I have to admit that shortly after I first joined I became a bit appalled at the behavior of some purported Christians. I mean, the way people talk to each other on CC! Oy!

Over the past few months I've grown thicker skin. I try not to take it personally when I make a comment or ask a question and some über knowledgeable CC poster calls me a heretic, or a JW, or something else intended to be demeaning. :shrug: What's a fella to do?
It seems like you need a better understanding of CC. If you survive over two weeks (and actually talk during the time), you stop being a newbie. Around the third month you start being an oldbie.

"A few months back?" You've been here close to a year now. You've hit ancientbie. You, sir, are "a regular" now. lol

D

Depleted

Some of us will be spending a very long time explaining everything to God. So I guess the few first hundred years in Heaven, I’ll be explaining every joke “Well, God, I thought I was being jolly. I realize it was idle and unproductive.”
I wouldn't be surprised if God doesn't give us hints on how to make the jokes even better. He put Jonah in a fish stomach for days, lamed Jacob for being too cocky, and called Peter a Rock. He definitely has a sense of humor.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if God doesn't give us hints on how to make the jokes even better. He put Jonah in a fish stomach for days, lamed Jacob for being too cocky, and called Peter a Rock. He definitely has a sense of humor.
Possibly but who knows cx

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Who? (Actually, very fond of their coach.)
My mom hates their coach xD i dont really care i just watch them every now and then or whatevs I'd prefer teddy bears over watching football cx

7seasrekeyed

Honestly, chat boards become a a pulpit for some people and their fruit shows that they would never, ever be allowed to minister, lead or preach or teach in real life, so they come here, set up fiefdoms and believe God called them to be a Chaplain of the Christian Chat board. I see some of the same control and games here I see in real churches.
fiefdoms

that explains the jousting

7seasrekeyed

personally I find this an interesting cross section of what people believe

I always like discussing the Bible and I wish there were a broader base from which to choose

having been on other sites, each one is different but I will say this one seems to get stuck on a handful of things and we shall not be moved LOL!

introducing something new, will often get passed over especially if a good arguement cannot be obtained from the attempt

D

Depleted

My mom hates their coach xD i dont really care i just watch them every now and then or whatevs I'd prefer teddy bears over watching football cx
I never know if people get my avatars. I know what they are, so of course I can see it, but there small, so do others see what I see? So, in case you can't tell, it's my teddy bears wearing their Eagles helmets, (except for the smaller one, because he was new then, but still wearing his Phillies World Series Championship hoodie. He now has a crochet Eagles green football helmet, like the smaller stuffies in the background.) And they have a teddy bear sized football on their laps.

I'm a particular kind of nut. lol

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
"A few months back?" You've been here close to a year now. You've hit ancientbie. You, sir, are "a regular" now. lol
Ancientbie? Thank you. I think. lol :)

Feb 28, 2016
personally I find this an interesting cross section of what people believe

I always like discussing the Bible and I wish there were a broader base from which to choose

having been on other sites, each one is different but I will say this one seems to get stuck on a handful of things and we shall not be moved LOL!

introducing something new, will often get passed over especially if a good arguement cannot be obtained from the attempt
===============================================

we understand what you are saying, but this will 'never-stop' the
'gift' of HOPE for so many of us...

7seasrekeyed

===============================================

we understand what you are saying, but this will 'never-stop' the
'gift' of HOPE for so many of us...

if you don't have hope...we all need hope :)