Led by the Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
You guys aren't getting what I'm saying.

God obviously has individual will for each believer...that isn't in itself actual scripture. I agree with that

But this .. will match the situations in scripture in how we approach things.

For eg.. if you have someone in your church sin against you.. you'd take another person with you and sit down with the offender to discuss it.

Jesus would then bless that..because it's using the Matthew 18 process.

See what I mean?
Actually, people do understand what you are saying and are saying there is much more to being led of the Spirit.
While you are correct that the Spirit will not lead in a way inconsistent with the scripture, the Bible gives us principles to live by but not moment by moment instruction as to how to spend our time or direct our efforts.
The Apostle Paul was forbidden of the Spirit at one point to go to a region and sent to another. Posters are trying to express that this same type of intimate leading is at work in their lives.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
One or two are bit touchy on this subject, so I'm glad I raised it. I teach the Bible. I am absolutely convinced of its authority. I believe in 6 x 24 hour days of literal creation. I also will quote the worst bit of pastoral advice I've ever heard: "Read the Bible. All of it. Then put into practice." Try that for a few days and send for the shrink because it will drive you nuts.

I've explained exactly what I meant and I'm not going over it again. Read the book of Acts and how the Holy Spirit led the apostles. You won't find it in their Bible. (The Old Testament). They were led by the Spirit as well as teaching the Word.
Don't assume I'm attacking you. Did I ask you to go over anything again? But as far as believing in the authority of God's word, everyone says they believe in its authority, but many prove they really don't by their actions. And before you get defensive and think I'm attacking you, just pretend I'm not talking about or to you.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Some seem to think that we have only the Bible to guide us. I love God's word and I encourage everyone to study it diligently. However, there is the moment by moment leading of the Holy Spirit also. If we are to be effective in God's Kingdom, we need that guidance as well as the Word.

An example. I ride a bicycle a few times a week. I have to stop for a rest as I'm not that fit. I stopped at a bench where another man was resting also. We got talking and I told him that I was a Christian. He responded that he was also. My wife and I met him for lunch yesterday. It was amazing. He knew many of the people that I knew from the late 1970's. He was saved at the church where I was going. Someone I knew had invited him to the church. He knew the people I shared a house with.

We were able to have good fellowship, mostly because he is really born again. It helps a lot that we have so much in common. I don't know why God brought us together. Perhaps it is just so we can pray for him. He's 68, does not look it, and is seeking a wife. We have prayed that he meet the right woman who will be a blessing and one that he can be a blessing to also.

This kind of "God-incidence" is a normal part of life for us. Some deny that God moves in this way. I can assure you that He does. God is not far off and remote. He is living, loving, caring and leading continually. If we seek Him, He will lead us.
Lovely Read...:cool:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is all in the content and inference.

proutled

May 9, 2023
texas
HELLO every one, the holy spirit wrote the word, Jesus is the word, the holy spirit speaks to all of his children, and it do not matter what Denomination you belong to, if you pray and study the word, spending time with him getting to know him, is what is important, my sheep know my voice, our life should always line up with the word, and walk in love and peace, fruits of the spirit, and bring him in every thing that you do, home, work, play, government, tv,,,

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Don't assume I'm attacking you. Did I ask you to go over anything again? But as far as believing in the authority of God's word, everyone says they believe in its authority, but many prove they really don't by their actions. And before you get defensive and think I'm attacking you, just pretend I'm not talking about or to you.
Amen my brother. I find in my own life..things I preacher or teach then something happens and haha.. I'm like.. do I believe this or not because my actions would in some moments clearly say I doubt.

To the OP praise God thanks for sharing. Its like the man that came to our door one late night asking for someone that did not live here. I told him you have the wrong house. So he says thank you and turns to walk away but stops. I can hear him saying " no God would not have me go to the wrong house for no reason". That right there walking in the spirit he knew. So he turns hands me his card.. he was a preacher. Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. See what he never knew was days before when I was just talking ..just talking not asking or praying but just talking to the lord with smile "lord remember when in LA that pastor came to our door? Be nice if that happened again since we been here a while and don't know where to go to Church".

Yeah.. I was just talking.. but being led by the sweet sweet holy Spirit.